Sign in to follow this  
Balmore

Planning Houses is bugged? [Fixed]

I just tried to plan a house after the recent reboot of the server.

I can plan the starting tile as usual by clicking "plan building" -  then I cannot plan further tiles, until I finish the building and use the "add building function".

• Like 1

Further info:

I just counted the length of the house I "planned" using the add building function and it goes 23 tiles straight in one direction.

Was the length limit of 19 tiles removed?

I can confirm I had the same issue starting a new building before last restart (I have not attempted again) - I was unable to plan more than one tile,  but had to finalize and then add to the finalized plan.

I seen this last night if you remove a tile then you can plan more it bugged out on me a few times before i could get the house planned. (not sure about the 23 tiles thing)

Edit: It kind of scares me to finish it i don't want my house to be bugged out later because of it like we have seen in the past. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I experienced the same thing but it corrected itself after 'remove plan here' on the initial tile planned.

Ex:

Plan building

(Note that the option to plan building is missing on all other tiles)

Right click ground of initial plan and choose 'remove plan here'

Plan building (again)

(Note that you now have the option to 'plan building' on your other tiles).

I have not figured out why this is happening and a reboot did not change anything.  I'll do some further testing and add this to the bug list.

Thanks for your report.

Had same issue plus later on in same session while working on the second floor walls I was able to add about 6 of the 8 needed walls using plan - wall. The remaining walls kept giving me a permissions error even though all permissions were in place and I had been able to plan earlier in same session.

Ended up filing a support ticket and using a work-around to fix the issue and finish the home.

I experienced the same thing but it corrected itself after 'remove plan here' on the initial tile planned.

Ex:

Plan building

(Note that the option to plan building is missing on all other tiles)

Right click ground of initial plan and choose 'remove plan here'

Plan building (again)

(Note that you now have the option to 'plan building' on your other tiles).

I have not figured out why this is happening and a reboot did not change anything.  I'll do some further testing and add this to the bug list.

Thanks for your report.

Noizhead told me about this method on IRC.

This also stops planning a house at 19 tiles whereas it seemed I could plan endlessly with the method mentioned in the OP. Couldn't test it further than 23 tiles, since I ran out of space though.

Building my house now with the plan building workaround at 19 tiles length. :P

So the real issue that should be addressed here is that ppl could build endlessly long houses - which isnt an issue on Freedom, but surely on Chaos when they're used in defenses.

I planned a structure just a few nights ago and didn't have an issue. But I did notice when I logged back in the next day the structure plan was completely gone even though I had finalized it. It usually stays around longer than that, doesn't it? 

I planned a structure just a few nights ago and didn't have an issue. But I did notice when I logged back in the next day the structure plan was completely gone even though I had finalized it. It usually stays around longer than that, doesn't it? 

if you dont add anything to the plan it goes away in 24 hours or a server restart, if you add  at least  1 building action(1 nail and 1 plank for example) it will last a long time. not related to this problem

Edited by Tpikol

This is the kind of issue that it would be nice to have pop up on the client news...

I couldn't plan more than one tile.  The add to plan option is the only thing that would let me continue.  I agree with Kegan in worrying about bugs in the future if I build now so I guess I'll just have to wait...   maybe someone will mention when it's fixed...

I also saw this on Inde. Fortunately it is only a gatehouse so as long as the barrier walls, doors and permissions function I'm happy.

When planning I had to finalize the original tile then add to it. I destroyed and retried a few times before continuing on. Haven't tested the building for complete perimeter yet (will a bed work?). guess I'll find out when I do the 2nd story

Further info:

I just counted the length of the house I "planned" using the add building function and it goes 23 tiles straight in one direction.

Was the length limit of 19 tiles removed?

Yes. You could work around the 20 tile length by adding to structure - instead of fixing, they removed the limitation. Good move imo. I've been able to plan a ~30 tile long single tile house w/ 98 carp.

I could not continue on a house that I had built on a deed on which I had permissions though not a citizen. I was listed as a guest of the house and deed settings allowed me all mayoral rights.

So I took possession of the writ, still would not let me continue or plan second floor walls. I had to become a citizen of that deed before it would allow me to continue on the building. I'm well versed in setting permissions having many deeds where most of my accounts are members of the main deed. Was waiting to see if anyone else noticed or if it was just me.

House planning is bugged somehow, randomly.. It was bugged on me couple of days ago, no matter which type of tile you try to plan it, first tile succeed normally, but second tile, it says "You are not allowed to expand "your" house". Then i packed the dirt, nothing, culivated it bavk, then it worked. 

That was happened 2 days ago.

Today, another player on another server (CEL, im on INDY), was bugged in same way. He tried all, pack, grass, dirt, started all over many times, nothing happened..  Suddenly he said "[11:39:50] **** ... interesting... now its all working fine", as he tried all things more than twice, and the ground was kind a messed up, i think.

This seems to be working properly for me today after the restart.  Can anyone confirm that they also get 'plan building' on adjacent tiles after planning the initial tile?