Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

PvP priests coming to PvE and vice versa

Could someone please explain to me the repercussions of taking a PvP priest to PvE or vice versa?  Do they lose skills?  Do they keep faith and channeling?  Say you have a Lib priest and want to bring it to PvE - is it any use?  What do they lose?  What do they keep?  Say the same char goes back to PvP again...does it turn back into the Lib priest it was before it left?  How exactly does this all work?  Thanks, from a total PvP noob.

• Like 3

Basically, the normal WL priests act as if you were on freedom, but on chaos. So a 90 faith Vyn priest will be a 90 faith Vyn priest on chaos.

However, if you are a 90 faith libila priest on Chaos, you have all the priest restrictions, and can cast BL spells, but when you go over to Freedom, you can be a nonpriest, and void those restrictions.

The ability to void those restrictions is where the controversy comes in.

and of course, a shameless plug. Join JK :)

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

Basically, the normal WL priests act as if you were on freedom, but on chaos. So a 90 faith Vyn priest will be a 90 faith Vyn priest on chaos.

However, if you are a 90 faith libila priest on Chaos, you have all the priest restrictions, and can cast BL spells, but when you go over to Freedom, you can be a nonpriest, and void those restrictions.

The ability to void those restrictions is where the controversy comes in.

yep... pretty much covers it.   I don't understand why Rolf just doesn't let lib priests on Freedom, just  remove the spawning of mycelium.    That is pretty much the chief complaint about allowing them, as it will spread like wildfire and pretty much make things not so pretty.    

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 3

Can the Libila priest convert to a white light priest and keep it's faith and channeling or does it have to regrind those skills? I have been curious about this as well. I would imagine keep the channeling but have to regrind the faith but don't know for sure.

Can the Libila priest convert to a white light priest and keep it's faith and channeling or does it have to regrind those skills? I have been curious about this as well. I would imagine keep the channeling but have to regrind the faith but don't know for sure.

Faith is always lost converting religions, channeling never is.

Depends how old the character is but if you can cross to chaos and do /transfer to hots you will keep your faith but join the dead hots kingdom that is run by a 3 year old.

They took all the /transfers away after a while, I thought.

So if you come to PvE you keep your channeling but have to regrind faith in either Vyn or Mag or Fo, and what happens if you then go back to PvP...you have to start over again in Lib?

• Like 1

They took all the /transfers away after a while, I thought.

Recently I was able to use it to convert my Fo to Libila. So they are still in the game but only on older accounts.

Edited by Rasu
  • Like 1

libila priest from pvp --->pve = for the time being on pve you are no priest anymore, only keep your channeling skill (since its seperate from priesthood), you become libila priest again when going back to pvp with all your faith, also you can't become a priest of another faith (you can try but it will most likely reset your faith and it is also not allowed)

any other priest between pvp --->pve= they stay priests as pve servers are all whitelighters, so bringing them back and forth mainly has the advantage of being able to skill up their priests in pve enviroment if wanted. They don't loose any faith or channeling skill and don't need to reconvert, practically they just stay the same.

• Like 1

So if you come to PvE you keep your channeling but have to regrind faith in either Vyn or Mag or Fo, and what happens if you then go back to PvP...you have to start over again in Lib?

You keep your libila faith.

thats only if you are lib. Because lib faith isn't allowed on pve servers.

This has all been very helpful thanks :) Now I just want to know how to find out which accounts are old enough to keep /transfer and which aren't...

• Like 1

you can just ask... /transfer has a dialogue box that asks you to confirm I believe.

• Like 1

Don't believe /transfer will work unless you are on Chaos.

• Like 1

I have an account that is Fo in freedom and normal builder in Chaos at Black Legion. It still has it's /transfer so I can change it to libila priest whenever I want.

yep... pretty much covers it.   I don't understand why Rolf just doesn't let lib priests on Freedom, just  remove the spawning of mycelium.    That is pretty much the chief complaint about allowing them, as it will spread like wildfire and pretty much make things not so pretty.    

So link the mycelium to a few tiles around a Lib altar, and set a minimum distance between Lib altars to stop spamming.

• Like 1

They changed it so that you can no longer be a lib priest on chaos and another type of priest on freedom. Now, if you have a lib priest on chaos and wish to bring it to freedom and make it a priest of another deity, you will loose all of your faith as a lib priest on chaos. This happened to my lib priest when I brought it back from chaos.

As for the myc. issue on freedom...I don't see why it would be an issue at all. I love the look of mycellium and would love to be able to transform areas into the land of the dead. If this is the only reason for not allowing the libila faith on freedom, then I see no reason not to (unless there is another problem with it).

• Like 1

They changed it so that you can no longer be a lib priest on chaos and another type of priest on freedom. Now, if you have a lib priest on chaos and wish to bring it to freedom and make it a priest of another deity, you will loose all of your faith as a lib priest on chaos. This happened to my lib priest when I brought it back from chaos.

As for the myc. issue on freedom...I don't see why it would be an issue at all. I love the look of mycellium and would love to be able to transform areas into the land of the dead. If this is the only reason for not allowing the libila faith on freedom, then I see no reason not to (unless there is another problem with it).

You might love it, but I've seen that stuff spread man and I can see the kind of damage it would do.    Even if it had restrictions, no.     I understand you want to play every advantage into the system you can, but there are not many PvP players much less any PvE players that would want that stuff on freedom.    Just get over yourselves and be happy that Rolf gave Libila priests an advantage no other priest has, the way to grind both body stats and be a priest on Chaos.   

much make things not so pretty.

The wurm world looks much more pretty when it's covered in mycelium..

• Like 1