Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

Disease bug?

Animals that are completely alone in 1x1 pens are getting diseased.

Is that supposed to be possible?

• Like 1

I seen it happen before. Is there another horse on a tile next to it, if you would disregard any fences built? I noticed that at times, if a horse is not looked after (as in; not groomed for a while) they can start becoming diseased this way too, although I only seen it happen once before when I had to take a little break from wurm (but it did cost me half my animals)

Is it perhaps a humid drizzled animal? Humid drizzle resets after a server restart, returning the animal to diseased state.

Edited by Viti

We are having 8-10 animals turn up diseased and die per day, at minimum.

If you disregard fences built, its still one animal per tile, all animals are looked after.

The animal ratio is 75 or something (43 thousand tile deed. yolo.)

and this is how the affected animals are penned...

1a92181243.png

edit: and i love how my animals are fine and disease free. then i sleep 8 hours and wake up to dead ones.

Edited by Zekezor

As Viti says, if the diseased animals were previously cured with Humid Drizzle, there is a bug (not yet acknowledged by staff) that the animals revert back to being diseased on server resets

You can keep curing them but they will keep reverting back on the next reset again. I now have to kill my horses that get diseased for fear they will spread it even more, as I had some that were sick for more than a month even though I kept recasting Humid Drizzle every server start.

Update the thread here if this is what happens with your current diseased animals:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/117387-humid-drizzle-fo-spell-resets-after-a-server-restart/

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I have hell horses and sheep situated in 1 tile pens, but I keep 2 per pen (yes, 2 animals on one tile).  Not once yet have any of them become diseased.  Only time I get diseased on deed in pens, is my 1x2 breeding pens where a foal pops up and 3 horses stick to one tile

Something seems really off if you're getting lone horses diseased

I have had 3 animals diseased for almost a month now.  They are on a deed in separate 1x2 pens on enchanted grass and fresh grain.  I am brushing them every day, several times a day.  My ration is almost 20/15.  I have seen my cow go from Aged to Ven I finally had to put her down because one of my horses became diseased now.  We keep the wild mobs trimmed down you rarely see one in our area at all now.  Please help.  They shouldn't be diseased this long. 

edit: and i love how my animals are fine and disease free. then i sleep 8 hours and wake up to dead ones.

Couple of ideas:

Were some of them venerable horses? I've noticed an increase in horses dying of old age. I guess it would show disease on the corpse anyway?

Should only be diseased if 3 or more in any 2x2 area, roughly. A foal will take them into overcrowded but should only make it diseased very seldomly.

Those horses are not completely alone, fences don't change it.

Edited by Omar