Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

News Update: Work And Progress, Week 7

DcYh6Cj.png

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Retrograde and Atazoth here.

Unfortunately Johan is unwell and has not been able to join us in the new office yet, we wish him the speediest recovery, but as they say, the show must go on!

Valentine's Day Gifts!

Love is in the air, and we wish to share it with our players, so we've created Valentines flowers for you! All premium accounts can use the command /redeemkey TXFX4VCF7B8W-ABGWDXESZWO3 in a chat window and receive one of these fellas:

valentines.jpg

We created 6000 of these coupon codes so there's a bit of a surplus in case you want to use it in the future as well.

Challenge Round 2 is open!

The all new map is up and running in round 2 of our challenge server, with newbie buffs, free arms and armour to get you back into the fight faster than ever.
Read up about it here

Tall Banners!

7TmZFGo.png

As Wox showcased earlier this evening, stylish new banners are on their way to a deed near you! PMK’s are encouraged to submit their banner design from the templates available here

Round 1 challenge rewards.

Players have come together to show us (and show off) their awesome new challenge masks, helms and statues. We also now have the list of prizes for round 2!

4JqhC5cl.jpg

!Update!

The prizes for round 2 will be as follows:

Most overall points
Title “Master/Mistress of The Challengeâ€
Gold Challenge Statue
Face Mask of The Challenge

Most items looted from resource points
Title “Pit Slayerâ€
Bronze Challenge Statue
Horned Helmet of Gold

Most Battle Points
Title “Blood Ravagerâ€
Silver Challenge Statue, Ravager Face Mask

Most Unique player kills
Title “Shadow Assassinâ€
Marble Challenge Statue
Face Mask of the Shadow

Player who conquers most pillars first in a HOTA round
Title “Guardian of the Huntâ€
Bronze Challenge Statue
Plumed Helm of The Hunt

Player who found and opened most treasure chests
Title “Selfieâ€
Silver Challenge Statue, Pale Face Mask

Winning Kingdom
Random 25% of the Cavaliers in the kingdom receive a Cavalier Helmet

First Tortoise Shield
Marble Challenge Statue

First Gold Ore Mined

Marble Challenge Statue

There was some negative feedback about the coin and premium time prizes last time so we decided to simply remove those for now.

That’s all we have time for today.
Regular news should resume next week with Johans return
If you have any Community news you’d like to see in the weekly updates feel free to pm it to Retrograde or Atazoth(Krinos78 on the forums), the trusty (and handsome) PR Assistants.
As our favourite swedish newscaster would say…
Keep on Wurming!

Edited by Retrograde
  • Like 8

I dig the new news formatting, it feels less like poems and more like actual information. Well done!

• Like 2

Wow, sorry to hear Johan is under the weather. Best and quickest of recovery! And thanks for the little news tidbits. :)

Short but sweet. Get well soon Johan :)

Now here's hoping more of the staff will read through this thread. So here goes.

Please for the love of all our deities (and sanity) could you please take a break from implementing new features, and work on the memory leaking issues and severe lag. It's killing us and 11/10 would prefer to have a month of bugs remidied and less lag than new features!

Seriously, when the server lags so much and you think you've stopped walking to find out you've just died in a field of thorn bushes. Gets to the point where you wonder where is the money for 4 subscriptions going to?!?

Thanksf or reading and happy bug hunting! :)

• Like 10

Are these new banners going to be available to the majority of the game that don't do PVP??

I love all the new stuff but it all seems to revolve around the pvp players.  Not the majority of the players who are the PVE.

• Like 2

Thanks for the post! Looking great and love the banners. Hope Johan feels well soon.

Are these new banners going to be available to the majority of the game that don't do PVP??

I love all the new stuff but it all seems to revolve around the pvp players.  Not the majority of the players who are the PVE.

Not likely the only one we will get will be the freedom one just like the regular banners.  Also unless something has changed then the MR and JK ones shown will not even be the ones available since that is all PMK now so it will be whatever they make not the ones shown. 

I am just hoping we can at least get some blank ones we can dye.

Edit: Maybe freedom PvE should get to chose in a contest to make a new design for our flags, banners and wagons with voting on submissions like the tapestry contest. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 4

Not likely the only one we will get will be the freedom one just like the regular banners.  Also unless something has changed then the MR and JK ones shown will not even be the ones available since that is all PMK now so it will be whatever they make not the ones shown. 

Not entirely true. PMKs can submit their own designs for custom kingdom stuff (banners, flags, etc.), but HotS still exists on Chaos, and Epic still has all of the default kingdoms. Freedom won't be able to make them, but I really think the limitations on creation are kind of stupid, at least on Freedom. They're just lore based with no real reason for restricting creation.

• Like 2

Not entirely true. PMKs can submit their own designs for custom kingdom stuff (banners, flags, etc.), but HotS still exists on Chaos, and Epic still has all of the default kingdoms. Freedom won't be able to make them, but I really think the limitations on creation are kind of stupid, at least on Freedom. They're just lore based with no real reason for restricting creation.

I do have to make reference to the thread about HotA on Freedom, where the statues and other decorations are described as mostly useless lag-causing fluff by the PvP'ers themselves.

Not saying we should get the guard towers, for example (then again.... where are the Fo, Mag, and Vyn-themed towers? hehehehehehehehehe i just  had to)... but banners and i'd say even wagons it's veeeery ... counterintuitive..... to restrict PvE from the decorative aspects of said items.  Specially PvE being referred to as "Freedom" and certain references to our dedication to aesthetics vs function as opposed to PvP's defence and functionality approach to deedbuilding ... 'nuff said

That one on the right end looks to be Freedom colors. Of course, we won't be able to make MR, JK, or HotS ones on Freedom but...

I do have to make reference to the thread about HotA on Freedom, where the statues and other decorations are described as mostly useless lag-causing fluff by the PvP'ers themselves.

Not saying we should get the guard towers, for example (then again.... where are the Fo, Mag, and Vyn-themed towers? hehehehehehehehehe i just  had to)... but banners and i'd say even wagons it's veeeery ... counterintuitive..... to restrict PvE from the decorative aspects of said items.  Specially PvE being referred to as "Freedom" and certain references to our dedication to aesthetics vs function as opposed to PvP's defence and functionality approach to deedbuilding ... 'nuff said

The statues, while they have had some lag issues due to lighting, are sold by players on Chaos and they don't want to lose one of their major sources of revenue. I don't really pay attention to who has made this argument, but one kingdom pretty much controls HotA at the moment. There really is no balance issue with giving statues to Freedom because they are entirely aesthetic. 

Allowing a system to acquire moon metal on Freedom would just turn into the dragon armor fiasco that we had before dragons respawned. It would be farmed by Chaos and flood that server, create PvP imbalances, and Freedom would see little benefit either way. If item transfer were limited or prohibited, a system like this may be able to work. However, that is easier said than done. Someone would be at a disadvantage with or without item transfer.

I'm glad they're making people bleed for fancy hats and not just pay for them. Now that's gaming as I remember.

• Like 1

I hope the RedBaron recovers soon and is feeling better along the way. Although this brief fill-in post satisfies the curiosity of his mysterious absence, none could be expected to measure up to his standards of positive enhancement of these Weekly Updates, which so clearly are defined by his previous enlightening and delightful commentaries.

Well be great to see him back once again as the guru of this his domain.

=Ayes=

So why all the whining over who can create what banner? You're PvE, you belong to the Freedom Isles kingdom. This is your choice. That is the banner you can create. I decided to go to Chaos and join a kingdom. Now I can make another banner. I'm not crying about how I can't create a JK or HOTS banner. The only thing that might be a nice addition is some sort of Freedom PMK system - but do you really want to pay 1 gold for the ability to have your own fancy banners?

The restriction means the banners themselves have a sort of meaning. That's not to say we can't acquire banners of other kingdoms. We just have to be more creative about how we do so. On Chaos, there's a sort of pride behind each of those banners - something you may not understand on Freedom.

The restriction means the banners themselves have a sort of meaning. That's not to say we can't acquire banners of other kingdoms. We just have to be more creative about how we do so. On Chaos, there's a sort of pride behind each of those banners - something you may not understand on Freedom.

To feel pride about a video game is, indeed, a little difficult to empathize for a 50+ years old person with a  half-way decent real life.

So yes, i guess i am one of these cheesy, unmanly pve-players, who will never understand how one can be so desperate to feel special because he or she is prefering a certrain kind of playstyle.

But then again, i guess that is something that someone who don't plays a game for relaxing and enteraining, but to compensate his general unsatisfaction outside of virtual worlds, may not understand.

Anyway, nice banners, no matter which kind of.

Are there blank ones, too, to colour then, like it is possible with the normal flags and stuff?

To answer the question about PMK on freedom, sure why not. Would be nice to have that option off Chaos as well.

~Nappy

I am not asking for any special banner for PVE just that the banner even blank is available to Freedom players to create.

• Like 1

I am not asking for any special banner for PVE just that the banner even blank is available to Freedom players to create.

This ^

So why all the whining over who can create what banner? You're PvE, you belong to the Freedom Isles kingdom. This is your choice. That is the banner you can create. I decided to go to Chaos and join a kingdom. Now I can make another banner. I'm not crying about how I can't create a JK or HOTS banner. The only thing that might be a nice addition is some sort of Freedom PMK system - but do you really want to pay 1 gold for the ability to have your own fancy banners?

No one's crying but since you're on the offensive:

Tell me three ways in which Freedom getting the option to make all 4 banners would affect your game on Chaos.  If one of your three ways is "it's gonna hurt my cash flow", then get a job, or get a better education for a better job, and bring out your credit card and show some financial support for Wurm.

Owl mask looks cool! I hope we have masks like that available to us who are not interested in killing other players for such items. And yes, would be nice to have these banners on Freedom as well.

• Like 1

I'd like to second this, so much focus on PVP as of late, which is fine and all but PLEASE don't forget about us that PVE totally or mostly.  We help pay your bills too! ^_^

Hi all!

I've updated the OP with some challenge news, and a special valentines present to you all.

As for the banners, I'm not sure about a plain one, so will ask and find out.

Stay tuned,

Retrograde

• Like 4