Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Dominance Challenge up and running

Allright, was quite smooth this time getting the server up and running. Some issues remain but we'll sort them out early tomorrow.

Here are the details:

Three kingdoms will go to war against each other in a struggle for dominance over our all-new hand crafted map - the Cauldron.

CCauldronS.png

This round will feature a range of tweaks inspired by player feedback, full details of which can be found below.

As before, Challenge provides the full loot open world pvp Wurm experience with reduced timers and quicker skill gain, meaning less grind and more time spent out in the field.

To join the fight, just log in using the account you used for the first round, or create a new account on Golden Valley then use the portal. As before, this round will be free to play.

See you on the battlefield!

Further Information

• Three playable kingdoms with one starter deed each. No PMKs.

• There will be one capture point in between each starter deed and the central HoTA zone. Holding them will earn points for your kingdom.

• The HoTA zone will feature one resource spawn point which will be defended by NPC guards.

• You will start with 70 fight skill and your choice of armour and weapons to get straight into the action!

• You will also be able to choose armour and weapons when you respawn.

• You will be able to mount horses as soon as you start. You will also start with a rope to lead them.

Cavalier System

• All-new ‘Cavalier’ system.

• In order to promote kingdom cooperation we will award a prize randomly to 25% of the players in the winning kingdom that are Cavaliers.

• You become a Cavalier by fulfilling set conditions. These are to kill ten different aggressive creatures, enter enemy land and gain 80 skill points.

• Cavalier is a new achievement and a title.

• If you become hunted you lose your Cavalier title but may regain it by gaining another 80 skill points. This is to discourage newbie slayer/mafia play styles.

• Also made it so you can’t trick people into becoming hunted by planting a deed on them.

• You need to have the Cavalier title intact in order to be eligible for the prize.

Prize Category Changes

• New prize category: First player who creates a tortoise shield (timestamp will be checked in database this round)

• New prize category: First player to mine a gold ore (timestamp will be checked in database this round)

• New prize category: Conquering pillars first time during a new HoTA.

• New prize category: Find the random spawning goodie-filled treasure chests.

• Removed prize category:  Most achievements, karma gained and HoTA wins.

• Overall points go out to all active players kingdom for holding battle camps (logged in last 24 hours)

• Note: Only Cavalier kills will count towards ‘Overall’ and ‘Unique Kills’ category points.

• The most looted items from the central resource spawn prize category remains.

• Prizes for the different categories will be announced soon.

• Like 5

Nice to see the more casual players able to get rewards too in this system. 

Tying ANYTHING to hunted is a terrible, terrible, terrible, idea.

Going hunted is as easy as accidentally targeting someone. (also why does being hunted give you a huge cr nerf)

Do you have to be a cavalier and kill people to count, or do you have to kill people who are cavaliers.

If it is the latter, that is ridiculously exploitable, don't kill any hostile mobs=enemies don't gain anything when you die, but you can easily go kill a couple spiders near the end to claim your reward.

This also of course does nothing to bl, who can't be hunted and are going to have huge amounts of infighting because that is what happens.

• Like 2

Nice post Rolf!  The one thing that caught my eye immediately was when you said,  "full details of which can be found below."   :P 

I just wonder what you guys might have changed that broke BSBs.  Client 3.81 may need some fixing.

• Like 1

skill gain seems much slower than the previous version, with it being 2 weeks you would think the skill gain would be even quicker.

i try it again lol.  no horses to found    waste of time realy...   i look for one 2h :S  

skillgain too slow.. actions too long... 2 weeks only...   

not worth any time to spend there

Cavalier is interesting... not sure Im crazy about losing it from going Hunted. Its still possible to go Hunted even with lawful set on.

Plus I just like to steal things.

• Like 1

Rolf,

I hope you and others enjoy your latest Challenge server creation and all progresses well as you have envisioned.

=Ayes=

Lagging to with connection to enjoy right now. I'll give it a day or two and try again.

For what it's worth, I'd rather the efforts going into Challenge [which lasts 1-4 weeks..] was put into making Epic more attractive place to go for pvp.

The events held on Challenge, with the awards, could have been held on a 4 x 4 in the Epic cluster. 
With stats/items saved, you would be able to go back to your character everytime a challenge was announced and set sail..

It gives freedom players a reason to grind over on epic and it gives epic the population/pvp events it deserves. 

More goes into it, but again, hope the server gets up and running smoothly for myself and others with the same issues.

Seems new characters now start with 20.5 body control instead of 21. Just a heads up since i havent seen any posts about it

• Like 2

the map is missing clay. It takes ages to find some clay spot.

some tweaks for the hota field that would certainly make it more interesting.

-depot must be lockpicked, the ql of the lock that spawns will increase over time of the challange

-source fountains respawn in the hota

-a few chest spawn in the hota

some tweaks for the hota field that would certainly make it more interesting.

-depot must be lockpicked, the ql of the lock that spawns will increase over time of the challange

-source fountains respawn in the hota

-a few chest spawn in the hota

Lol no to the first. That's just stupid. And the last 2 already happen.

My suggestions for next round:

1. Remove the ability to spawn with gear

2. Make it only 2 kingdoms, WLvsBL (many share this opinion)

3. Put kings and champs back in

4. Increase rate of crop growing and birth giving for horses.

5. Increase duration to at least one month

6. Make the central depot actually central.

7. Make the prizes include silver and premium

8. Increase horse spawn rate

9. Allow the ability to block arrows from archery towers. They're just plain op as is.

• Like 3

1. Remove the ability to spawn with gear      Respawn timer is 5 or 10 or 15 minutes

9. Allow the ability to block arrows from archery towers. They're just plain op as is.

• Like 1

Nice post Rolf love to see you guys still working actively on this game!  :D

1. No

2. Okay

3. No, why make the super powerful player even more powerful? screw that

4. Yes

5. No, did you learn nothing from challenge1? that was over and stale by week 3

6. Okay

7. No, not until challenge is out of beta

8. Yes

9. Don't care

1. Remove the ability to spawn with gear

1. No

2. Okay

3. No, why make the super powerful player even more powerful? screw that

4. Yes

5. No, did you learn nothing from challenge1? that was over and stale by week 3

6. Okay

7. No, not until challenge is out of beta

8. Yes

9. Don't care

Your "3" awnser: Becoming a champion only makes ONE(Of three) player a champion, with whatever religion it is, There just another player but with some slight buffs. You can get relatively the same thing just by playing & getting tome charges. As-well, Champions & kings offset any in-balance in PvP, If one side has more players, and one side has less but has a champion, It balances it out. If were gonna talk about making one side more powerful, Just replace kings and champions with priests and your good to go, All of a sudden your better than the rest of the server, Or get yourself the crown of might, Bahm instantly not balanced, one sided, GL Killing them while they got the crown & mass traps & have artifacts. 

5: Don't talk about it if you dont know what happened, Its not as simple as "OH, IT ENDED AT WEEK TWO, WE SHOULD MAKE IT TWO WEEKS LONG THEN! GREAT IDEA!", Here's what happened & why it stopped mostly at week 2#: Last challenge, Relations among everyone was a mess, JK, BL, and dateline. BL was fighting one another(inside and out), JK being the mega force it was, had a PMK form on it & made everyone left over in JK quit, Dateline got ####### on by MR, dateline quit/converted, MR being stronk now, stomped on BL(Theirs some finer details lacking here but thats essentially what happened). THAT is why it ended near the end of week two. BL got there stuff together near week 3 but it was a bit too late, Put up one hell of a fight but they eventually lost. Now, If you look at the current challenge, Same thing happened, JK has weird relations between villages, MR had no villages, so dingbov just killed them and got unique kills, now MR is gone, and BL is still here, trying to bait us onto the hota. Its now a fight between BL & JK, Last day, Not enough time. 

3. If they are just another player with slight buffs why even have it at all? Why not keep it fair and equal? The people who become champ are the ones who play the most and have the most experience which is already the biggest advantage possible, why give them extra. This might be workable if the relative power the kingdoms is inversely proportional to the number kingdom-members online, to reduce kingdom stacking.

5. I was there I know what happened. By your logic the longer the challenge server, the better it is, when this is proven false by normal-wurm. I am basing my thoughts on: A. What occurred (not why it occurred, who cares b/c its drama related) B. Population counts of the challenge server. By week 2 the server population in both Challenge1 and Challenge2 are 1/4 of the stating population and falling. I want to play on more populated and fresh servers, not the used-up husks that they become by around week2 where new players are at the exact disadvantage that challenge servers are trying to avoid.

Your "3" awnser: Becoming a champion only makes ONE(Of three) player a champion, with whatever religion it is, There just another player but with some slight buffs. You can get relatively the same thing just by playing & getting tome charges. As-well, Champions & kings offset any in-balance in PvP, If one side has more players, and one side has less but has a champion, It balances it out. If were gonna talk about making one side more powerful, Just replace kings and champions with priests and your good to go, All of a sudden your better than the rest of the server, Or get yourself the crown of might, Bahm instantly not balanced, one sided, GL Killing them while they got the crown & mass traps & have artifacts. 

5: Don't talk about it if you dont know what happened, Its not as simple as "OH, IT ENDED AT WEEK TWO, WE SHOULD MAKE IT TWO WEEKS LONG THEN! GREAT IDEA!", Here's what happened & why it stopped mostly at week 2#: Last challenge, Relations among everyone was a mess, JK, BL, and dateline. BL was fighting one another(inside and out), JK being the mega force it was, had a PMK form on it & made everyone left over in JK quit, Dateline got ####### on by MR, dateline quit/converted, MR being stronk now, stomped on BL(Theirs some finer details lacking here but thats essentially what happened). THAT is why it ended near the end of week two. BL got there stuff together near week 3 but it was a bit too late, Put up one hell of a fight but they eventually lost. Now, If you look at the current challenge, Same thing happened, JK has weird relations between villages, MR had no villages, so dingbov just killed them and got unique kills, now MR is gone, and BL is still here, trying to bait us onto the hota. Its now a fight between BL & JK, Last day, Not enough time.