Post deleted. People did not want me to create a thread as a place for people to post ideas about medieval technologies that could be incorporated into the game. Therefore, no point in continuing this thread.

Edited by Neville

That thread about having conditions on who can post here...this is why...

These suggestions have been suggested a dozen times already in the past few months... forums -> search...

• Like 2

+1 i don't think the water wheels part for power is suitable but it would be good for milling process's.

Post deleted. See above.

Edited by Neville

Son, play for another 6mo, get 1k forum posts under your belt, then come back. You'll understand why this is just plain wrong and wont ever work

The intent of this post was to generate some ideas on Medieval Technologies people would like to see in the game. All I ask is that people are open minded and instead of just bashing the post, that people stick to the topic/intent and provide their own ideas.

My suggestions were merely examples and I think everyone has a right to make ideas or suggestions whether people agree with them or not. Furthermore, the fact that multiple people may have suggested the same things doznes of times already just reaffirms what things people would like to see. Ultimately, it's the decision of the developers to decide whether or not they want to pursue any of these.

People have a right to agree or disagree. People also have a right to share ideas and spark innovation.

It's not even your ideas/suggestions we're voting -1 for...it's the fact that these EXACT SAME suggestions get made every few weeks by another newbie.

There is a search bar you can use before posting suggestions, or stick around long enough and you'll see it yourself.

That thread about having conditions on who can post here...this is why...

These suggestions have been suggested a dozen times already in the past few months... forums -> search...

Please post these threads? I searched and I only see a handful that are directly related.

Not sure what is the suggestion here, but making farming less of an headache is always +1

Neville has just posted a new topic entitled "Bullet listings of medieval technologies for the game" in forum "Suggestions & Ideas".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ideas relevant to the Wurmian time period (warning: may be good or bad ideas but feel free to discuss):

- Create clock towers or other types of clocks (wurmian time)
- Plow/cultivate fields using draft animals (prepare fields for sowing, increase crop yields)
- Water wheels (dewatering deep mines, power source, grinding grain, producing flour for bread, malt for beer, or coarse meal for porridge, making wrought iron and turning into useful shapes)
- Paddle wheels (ships and warships)

Finally, I'm not sure if or how this was done in medieval times but perhaps things like panning, sluicing and dredging for gold or other precious metals. For example, were trommels used in medieval times? This would add a unique aspect to mining in the game other than just discovering and mining veins but only if it's time period appropriate of course.

Overall, I provided some examples in parentheses for the bullets above. These are just "some" ideas of what is possible. I think if more people research medieval technologies around 1000+AD it will generate more ideas for the game.
I encourage everyone to add their thoughts and I know I didn't provide links here but if you suggest something, perhaps add some links to where you found the research on the medieval technology, hopefully with some dates and even pictures or schematics. Googling this stuff is easy enough."

I think that these ideas should be allowed to be aired - yes they are suggested over and over again - the more times they are suggested, the more likely the developers might consider them.  Slapping down newbies just discourages them from making suggestions at all (even if they stay playing, the bitter taste remains) and in some instances from playing Wurm altogether.   Freedom of speech is a right of all - newbies as well as the older players - tolerance and understanding is needed here, not scorn and put downs.

• Like 1

Also the "search" facility on Wurm forum is hopeless - I was advised (and find) the best way was to use Google search!

For example: site: wurmonline.com/ impalong

TIL wanting to make sure newbies still have work by being anti-automation makes me a jerk