Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Magranon priest rehaul

elaborate?

they get the damage bonus anywhere, pvp basics

Edited by Propheteer

I could give you some lessons on how to play this game if you'd like just pm me

it has already had its damage ninja nerfed. Its really weak compared to what it used to be.

Test it and show results.

What I remember it being like was that whatever health the target has it'll do a wound thats within a certain range of %.

An example,

Let's just for the purpose of this example say Smite takes away anywhere between 87-97% hp of the target. That's what I think the % range was but may be wrong.

You cast it and this cast randomly picks 93% from between 87-97%, whatever health that target has it'll only reduce the health by 93% of that figure.

So if the target has full 100% HP, it'll take them down to 7% HP.

If the target has 75% HP, it'll take away 93% leaving them with 5.25% HP

If the target has 50% HP, it'll take away 93% leaving them with 3.5%* HP

25 HP - 93% smite damage = 1.75% HP left

Even if you have 5% HP left it'll leave you with 0.35% HP (but it'll show as 0% when you mouse over your HP bar)

So you can never actually killshot someone or something off with smite. It'll just reduce their health by a certain % til it gets to 0.01%hp or something.

*Assuming  my calculations were correct

Edited by Madt

it does 30 dmg to someone with 50 body and 90 ql drake

Cant just throw out numbers like that without backing them up with some solid proof!

umm??? I fuckn casted it bro? I mean you can call me a liar all you want im just saying what it does. Not like you pvp anyway so why do you care?

umm??? I fuckn casted it bro? I mean you can call me a liar all you want im just saying what it does. Not like you pvp anyway so why do you care?

No need to behave like that in the forums, here we try to have a nice attitude to each other. This benefits the game in the longterm.

How was your test made? what was the casters soulstats, bodystats, faith, favour when the test was done? How many times did you perform the test under equal conditions? When it comes to wurmonline, casting one spell aint enough. Need to reproduce the condition for at least 15 times to get some sort of accurate number.

Just as we wouldnt try to prove a court case without presenting evidence to back up our claims, likewise in our tests, we need facts and testimony by reliable witnesses to convince the players that what we say is true. Yet too many of us are like the prosecuting attorney who tries to send a man to jail by simply saying that he's a killer.

• Like 1

alright bro, you go get smited 15 times and tell me how that goes for you. I for one actually play this game and can provide information.

And using the test server is such an awful testing environment because right now its probably like 15 patches out of date.

JukimoV2:

1: Get full favour

2: Cast Smite on player

3: Document the numbers

4: Heal

Repeat 15 times.

Was that 30 damage cast on a shield of the gone or otherwise damage reduction player? 50 body normally indicates high stats such as soul strength that would reduce the damage taken of the player as well. Was the player at full health? Because as madt said and I believe he is right smite deals a percentage damage not a fixed value.

Edited by Fooligun

no gone... just 50 body and 90 ql drake, if it was on a gone player i would have said that.

All my maths in my post was completely wrong caused I messed up the calculations. Fixed it now (I think)

In order to come to some sort of agreement on what to do with smite you need to present solid proof of what exactly it does now and under what circumstances etc.

For example, you need to see what a mag priest with 30 soul strength and another mag priest of 50 soul strength do with the spell, then take note of the stats and armour, SoTG effect, Oakshell, etc of the target that's having Smite cast on them. And does channeling effect the smite in anyway?

The spell has to be looked at in relation to everything that effects it so that it can be tweaked accordingly taking all those variables into account when doing so.

If you just test it a little bit you'll get flawed results and the changes based on those results could make it incredibly useless or incredibly overpowered because you didn't take something into account. Such as you might think Smite is too weak and request a buff when actually it's just because the soul strength of the character that you used to cast it might be really low thus your smites are poor. But then when it gets buffed someone with a hell of a lot more soul strength than you is now walking around smiting everyone like a god with it being incredibly overpowered for them because it wasn't the spell that needed a buff, you just needed more soul strength.

A lot of people have made that mistake in the past and it can be very game breaking. You have to think of Wurm like a music equalizer, you can't just move one switch really high and leave the others where they are or it'll off set everything. You need to move all the sliding switches in cohesion with eachother so everything remains balanced.

Edited by Madt
  • Like 1

after all of what has been broken in this game, you are worried about smite? lol you must be one of those people who plays wurm as a spectator sport and just comments on things and doesn't actually play the game.

Or atleast you sound like it.

Don't we all love it, when players that never set foot in pvp to even know, come here and spit out a 2000 word argument that looks like a master thesis supporting the need of Magranons boost ? 

Edited by Sizzle

Don't we all love it, when players that never set foot in pvp to even know, come here and spit out a 2000 word argument that looks like a master thesis supporting the need of Magranons boost ?

Who do you refer to?

after all of what has been broken in this game, you are worried about smite? lol you must be one of those people who plays wurm as a spectator sport and just comments on things and doesn't actually play the game.

Don't we all love it, when people that never set foot in pvp to even know, come here and spit out a 2000 word argument ?

What I do comment on I have enough knowledge of to be able to give some input. I never outright claim something I'm not sure of and most of my input has actually been what anyone could give input on if they're following things as a spectator.

I'm not saying don't nerf smite, I'm not saying nerf smite or buff it or anything. What I am saying is if you're gonna change anything make sure you do it the right way and try looking at it from all angles. Any observer could tell you that. I figured that'd be clear enough by actually understanding what I'm saying, clearly some of you need it watering down. :)

Also alot of younger, newer people to the game will have this sort of mentality:

'Hey I wanna be a mag priest and pvp lol!'

'Omg wtf I've got like 25 soul strength which took me A WHOLE 2 DAYS of grinding to get and I'm only doing half the damage of what my enemies are doing. This is so unfair. MAGRANON NEEDS BUFFING TIME TO EMAIL ROLF!'

They never consider that their enemies have been grinding for years ahead of them joining and that what they think is a high enough level of skill is actually nothing in comparison to the entire server. They also don't consider that maybe their enemies know a tactic that they dont which is why they're failing. So instead of trying to get the game changed, they need to change their game and what they're doing.

Someone needs to explain to them that it's not the game that needs buffing, it's just cause they're new and have to catch up.

I don't need to play in order to see that so I can still pitch in. Arguing that I'm a spectator therefore invalid is kinda silly.

Madt was one of the first, if not the first, and so one of the most longstanding mag priest in the game.

He may have not played in the past month, but for the most part he knows what he is talking about, at the very least in how things should be changed.

I don't think anyone will just "take your word for it" when over half the things suggested in OP don't work the way it was reported, nor did they work the way you or others said so in the thread.

Edited by Propheteer

What I do comment on I have enough knowledge of to be able to give some input. I never outright claim something I'm not sure of and most of my input has actually been what anyone could give input on if they're following things as a spectator.

I'm not saying don't nerf smite, I'm not saying nerf smite or buff it or anything. What I am saying is if you're gonna change anything make sure you do it the right way and try looking at it from all angles. Any observer could tell you that. I figured that'd be clear enough by actually understanding what I'm saying, clearly some of you need it watering down. :)

Also alot of younger, newer people to the game will have this sort of mentality:

'Hey I wanna be a mag priest and pvp lol!'

'Omg wtf I've got like 25 soul strength which took me A WHOLE 2 DAYS of grinding to get and I'm only doing half the damage of what my enemies are doing. This is so unfair. MAGRANON NEEDS BUFFING TIME TO EMAIL ROLF!'

They never consider that their enemies have been grinding for years ahead of them joining and that what they think is a high enough level of skill is actually nothing in comparison to the entire server. They also don't consider that maybe their enemies know a tactic that they dont which is why they're failing. So instead of trying to get the game changed, they need to change their game and what they're doing.

Someone needs to explain to them that it's not the game that needs buffing, it's just cause they're new and have to catch up.

I don't need to play in order to see that so I can still pitch in. Arguing that I'm a spectator therefore invalid is kinda silly.

I wasnt refering to you but to Battlepaw.

I did wonder that after but was too late to be editing it or anything. Apologies, please disregard it being aimed at you.

Edited by Madt

Once again proving the people thinking smite needs a buff have no idea what they are talking about, just like they didn't know how frantic charge worked, and just like they didn't know how the dispelling of fire pillar worked.

It works as it did before, its percentage based like Madt said. 87ql drake

It did 72.52 damage from 100 HP every time to him.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, almost like someone doesn't know what they are talking about...

[02:21:12] <Jukimo> like if you are going to talk about a topic
[02:21:15] <Jukimo> atleast know your ######
[02:21:23] <Jukimo> before you start spouting out random ######

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 6