Sign in to follow this  
mthoodyn

Merge Epic Cluster with a new chaos map

133 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic with Chaos?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

I am never in favor of deleting any servers that have already been created and become populated. Chaos (Wild) has a history going way back comparable even to Independence's, with those lands being transformed by its occupants. This leaves the imprint of their actual presence upon these lands even long after they have departed, although some still remain there from its inception even to this day.

Wiping a server such as this is the ultimate in disrespect of those who have come before, treating them as if their presence within these lands was of no worth. For this alone I find this suggestion to be an intolerable and shortsighted one that exhibits little insight into the significance of what they would so casually destroy.

Not much point then upon commenting on the rest.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
  • Like 1

I dont want to change the poll. But DONT DELETE CHAOS. Thats not what i meant. Just move the people that are on Epic to chaos, with some penalty to skillgain.

Epic was a beta test for challenge. No need to keep those servers to further underpopulate each other server.

We got to many servers as it is already.

Besides let us be honest. Epic players wouldnt last a week on Chaos ...

You didnt last a day on Elevation ;)

I played Chaos long enough already to know thier playstyle and mentality kinda disgusts me. Epic is more about pvp than land grabbing for epeen and most players on Epic understand that if you dont wipe players off the map you might actually still have people to pvp with.

Im not interested in Chaos no matter how much anyone trys to shove it down my throat, i wont swallow it.

• Like 2

If you think Chaos is about land grabbing for epeen you have a wrong opinion

alternatively you are listening to the wrong propaganda.

Edited by demondan
  • Like 1

I dont want to change the poll. But DONT DELETE CHAOS. Thats not what i meant. Just move the people that are on Epic to chaos, with some penalty to skillgain.

Epic was a beta test for challenge. No need to keep those servers to further underpopulate each other server.

It's not like Epic is a new cluster. It's been up for nearly 3.5 years now. 

Its funny how you are almost in a panic about the concept of removing Chaos, but you flippantly make this poll about removing the entirety of Epic.

Forgive me if I don't take you seriously because my game is less important to you than your own.

• Like 5

Its funny how you are almost in a panic about the concept of removing Chaos, but you flippantly make this poll about removing the entirety of Epic.

Forgive me if I don't take you seriously because my game is less important to you than your own.

He does have a good point there :D   

How about this mthoodyn:

My game is more important than yours, how about I get to go over there with my skills and compete at your level, despite the fact I've never grinded up on Epic, I've never had to get established there, I get to come over there because I say it's a good idea, and you would be some sort of monster against the idea of fair PvP if you don't let me.     *sarcasm off* B)

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

how about just open up the borders between epic and freedom. keep servers as is, dont delete chaos or epic. maybe even let epic players keep their skills and characteristics, if thats what it takes

How about we all move to epic or leave it alone.

This is what both sides are hoping for. We can either wait for that to happen, if it ever will.

Or we can open up the border and all benefit from a larger playerbase and more land

Edited by dapperdan

This is what both sides are hoping for. We can either wait for that to happen, if it ever will.

Or we can open up the border and all benefit from a larger playerbase and more land

Why open up the border though? Just use a portal :D it's very fast and faster than sailing xanapoo.

Join epic and I'd be glad to hook you up with jk deeds.

It takes no time at all comparatively to get 50 in a skill, and our market is cheap over here for new tools for freedom converts.

Why open up the border though? Just use a portal :D it's very fast and faster than sailing xanapoo.

Join epic and I'd be glad to hook you up with jk deeds.

It takes no time at all comparatively to get 50 in a skill, and our market is cheap over here for new tools for freedom converts.

Edited by dapperdan

How about us epic players find the end scenario to epic.

• Like 1

As i said in my last comment, you simply cant expect people to just reset their characters.

Both sides will forever claim that their cluster is the best and we will stay seperated forever, playing on servers with 30 people online.

Opening up the border is fair for everyone because nothing actually changes. We keep the same deeds and everything.

and btw, i think most of the people voted no because you suggested to destroy homes.

How about er no...  

1.  Plenty changes, since people could just make a character on Epic, grind up there than go to chaos or freedom through chaos.  

2.  There are also all the additional characters because most people have secondary Epic characters, flooding the market, and as alts on Chaos

3.  There was a commitment made when people joined epic, to the terms that they would be separate.   

As it stand people can already pass through from epic to chaos, its just they can't take those skills with them, that works just fine.     

• Like 1

How about we just leave it as is and stop trying to dictate where people should play and what rulesets they use and how we will or won't punish their accounts

• Like 4

I like things the way they are!

Some of us actually enjoy being on a small server. 

• Like 1

Your poll is trash. The 3 basic options do nothing to adress the trash in your post that would be barfed all over the deletion of epic (good idea) the destruction of chaos (bad idea) the abuse of people's time and effort (bad idea) all to appease a handful of people who bailed on their fellow wurmians for whatever reason to play on a map that was promised to be temporary (they complained) became a permanent thing, but died off due to it's own shortcomings.

There is no proper grammar to display the full force of my displeasure with your lack of capacity for logical thought.

• Like 2

Your poll is trash. The 3 basic options do nothing to adress the trash in your post that would be barfed all over the deletion of epic (good idea) the destruction of chaos (bad idea) the abuse of people's time and effort (bad idea) all to appease a handful of people who bailed on their fellow wurmians for whatever reason to play on a map that was promised to be temporary (they complained) became a permanent thing, but died off due to it's own shortcomings.

There is no proper grammar to display the full force of my displeasure with your lack of capacity for logical thought.

^ Dis  ^

• Like 1

Are you talking about the Epic cluster? Because I have to assume you are not, because you are so incredibly wrong.

Epic was never meant to be temporary... ever. I was there during the planning and launch of Epic and it was never meant to be temporary. Point in fact it was meant to replace Wild (then turned Chaos) as the sole area of PvP in Wurm. Anyone that stayed behind on Wild (now Chaos) was made clear that it would no longer be a PvP server. And It wasn't for months.

Then because of the chorus of complaints and outrage of the old players that wouldn't abandoned their skills and places on Wild (which don't get me wrong, I have nothing against) the introduction of PMKs was introduced. These players then recreated their old kingdoms as PMKs. PvP on Chaos has suffered issues ever since because of complications with mechanics. Last I checked most of them have been worked out but there were serious issues for... years?... because PvP code was on a server that was, effectively, not meant for it.

The fact that you have completely reversed history to portray Chaos in the best possible light and Epic in the worst possible light is really... shocking.

Do you actually believe this?

Also, Epic is not dead. Epic has never been dead. Just as Chaos has never been dead. Both Chaos and the Epic cluster fluctuate in popularity and playership. And this animosity you are promoting between them is baffling for me. We are all just trying to play the game the way we enjoy it most. Why must you continue to try to destroy my game? I have fully supported the reintroduction and continued development of PvP on Chaos. And I value Chaos as a PvP community and a vital part of Wurm and Wurm History. Would you please do me the courtesy of at least extending a measure of respect for my choice to play on Epic?

Thank You.

• Like 3

Are you talking about the Epic cluster? Because I have to assume you are not, because you are so incredibly wrong.

Epic was never meant to be temporary... ever. I was there during the planning and launch of Epic and it was never meant to be temporary. Point in fact it was meant to replace Wild (then turned Chaos) as the sole area of PvP in Wurm. Anyone that stayed behind on Wild (now Chaos) was made clear that it would no longer be a PvP server. And It wasn't for months.

Then because of the chorus of complaints and outrage of the old players that wouldn't abandoned their skills and places on Wild (which don't get me wrong, I have nothing against) the introduction of PMKs was introduced. These players then recreated their old kingdoms as PMKs. PvP on Chaos has suffered issues ever since because of complications with mechanics. Last I checked most of them have been worked out but there were serious issues for... years?... because PvP code was on a server that was, effectively, not meant for it.

The fact that you have completely reversed history to portray Chaos in the best possible light and Epic in the worst possible light is really... shocking.

Do you actually believe this?

Also, Epic is not dead. Epic has never been dead. Just as Chaos has never been dead. Both Chaos and the Epic cluster fluctuate in popularity and playership. And this animosity you are promoting between them is baffling for me. We are all just trying to play the game the way we enjoy it most. Why must you continue to try to destroy my game? I have fully supported the reintroduction and continued development of PvP on Chaos. And I value Chaos as a PvP community and a vital part of Wurm and Wurm History. Would you please do me the courtesy of at least extending a measure of respect for my choice to play on Epic?

Thank You.

You can't blame people who are a little bit annoyed at players from the Epic community wanting to magically be part of the rest of the game.    I don't care how screwed up that server is.   Personally it isn't my problem, I saw what was happening to Epic shortly after I started playing on it, and made the decision to stick with Chaos.   I don't have anything against Epic players that want to still pay there, that is their home and I can respect the fact they are having serious issues playing there.   Just keep that stupid theatrics and sob stories on Epic and don't try to push it on Chaos players, or the rest of the community.   

This kind of suggestion isn't  just a problem for Chaos players, its a problem for Freedom players as well.   Meaning players will just go to epic to grind their skills up, then come here if both clusters were left open.  If Epic was closed down and flooded the rest of the game with characters, it would also be a big blow to players who actually have pride in how much they have accomplished with their characters.   Your stripping them of that, devaluing the character market and basically spitting on their hard work.   It would be even worse if Epic was closed, destroying all their hard work in deeds, and lands, and Chaos was closed, ridding the game of it's oldest server and people who have made their homes here too.   

I just want to state for the record that I am wholeheartedly against the inclusion of the Epic cluster with the Freedom Isles (and by extension Chaos) in any way. In my opinion there is no way to possibly integrate them without destroying the gameplay integrity of either one or both clusters.

• Like 1

I wouldn't consider to vote yes until 3 things were looked at before.

1st a detailed proposal of how the skills would be fairly transferred

2nd Chaos going premium only.

3rd At least being able to bring rares and a few other items over.

Not all gonna happen probably.

Edited by Omar