Sign in to follow this  
mthoodyn

Merge Epic Cluster with a new chaos map

133 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic with Chaos?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

Honestly everything about this idea is really bad. If people on Epic wanted to play on Chaos... they'd.. you know, go to Chaos.

• Like 1

BrQQQ: Its a problem: those people that joined Epic believing it was going to be easier with the false skillgain. They later realised that skills didnt matter as much as they belived. Therefore many players are leaving the game! Everyone on Epic even those that havent left / stopped playing yet invested alot of time building their characters.

If these bunch of people would get the option to join Chaos they would. In return that would mean more people coming back to the game, a more "Alive" Chaos server, all this would mean more income for Code Club AB. = a game that would evolve faster cause of the greater income.

A win win situation as I see it.

BrQQQ: Its a problem: those people that joined Epic believing it was going to be easier with the false skillgain. They later realised that skills didnt matter as much as they belived. Therefore many players are leaving the game! Everyone on Epic even those that havent left / stopped playing yet invested alot of time building their characters.

If these bunch of people would get the option to join Chaos they would. In return that would mean more people coming back to the game, a more "Alive" Chaos server, all this would mean more income for Code Club AB. = a game that would evolve faster cause of the greater income.

So who are you on Epic?  So we know your experience in knowing these people that would run away from Epic and join Chaos instead

• Like 2

Soo apparantly then, According to you, Im not on epic because "I realized skills dont matter in PvP"? **Facepalm** Id still be on epic, If shankiest & friends were more proactive than reactive. If you ever disappear for a week, Watch your back! your a spy! 

[Edit: No offence intended to shank & friends btw]

I can tell you that, If you try and pvp with 70 fs, and 20 body/body str, or 25 body/body str. YOUR gonna have a BAD time. Anyone who has pvped/raided a deed knows this. 

Edited by akaedis

Chaos should just join the epic cluster

really tho the biggest problem i see with merging is people who have a priest of different faiths on the 2 clusters. so i voted no.

and this should be in suggestions not town hall

Edited by Aetherion

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA

NO

• Like 1

As of this note, 41/6 against. That's pretty significant considering the actual 'active' forum posters out there.

This idea just smacks a whole lot of "I don't like the servers like XYZ so delete this one and make everyone else confirm to what I want."

I don't play on Epic OR Chaos, and I'd still give that a solid "WTF you smokin' bro?" In other words, hell no.

• Like 2

Agree with everyone else that Chaos doesn't need a map reset to host players from a different cluster.

As for my opinion of Epic, always thought it was a waste of dev time and focus, so I would not be bothered in the least if it disappeared. Rolf's got enough work to do on the Freedom cluster (that includes chaos), no need to pile more dev work on his shoulders than there already is. Of course, the 2 dozen people that play over there wouldn't be too happy. I'm sure they've stuck it out on that cluster for a reason, otherwise they would've already jumped through the portal.

Edited by As_I_Decay

This should never be allowed to happen ever.

It is also a Suggestion.

Edited by Uberknot

Epic players joined their cluster, with all kinds of red light blaring warnings that they were not only going into a set of servers that may not be permanent  much less that they knew full well it was going to be separate from the rest of wurm.   

I don't care if players want to "catch up" because they regret that choice.    I would love more PvP players here on Chaos, but I would rather take any new scrub off of the tutorial, that wanted to be here because they like the server and want to play rather then they think they need a head start no one else gets.    I can work with that, but I can't work with the selfish sense of entitlement required for people like the OP to step up here and pretend I'ts all about trying to add to Chaos.  

And yet the OP doesn't even want that.  He also wants to "Reimburse" us and kick Chaos players off their land, somehow "combine" player bases.    Well you can't convert history into some sort of tangible rewards.   I've put a lot more than just money into chaos, I've put part of my soul into it over the course of five years of playing here.   You can't reimburse me for that, you can only rip it away from me.    

Can't afford drake tho

Other similar excuses are, "I'm not good enough, or I don't want to get the skills"    Well I can tell you that the skills are, they are hard work, get over it.  You can also earn a set of drake in MR by gaining the trust of the players and proving that the character you are playing on and your fighting ability is of such you can hold onto a drake set.    I've been with the kingdom for years, and I know I could likely get a drake set if I asked, but I don't want one until I feel my character is ready for it.    I don't think  I need it to do what I do in the kingdom either, which is work at war deeds and have fun supporting my friends.    Drake isn't a requirement to have fun, and that is in fact what is the most important part of being in a gaming community.     

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

Chaos is the best map, it's eight years old and still has plenty of room and potential. Getting rid of it would be a terrible shame and bad idea overall.

The more people that go try Chaos (which appears to be happening) the better. You can have a lot of fun with lots of people on that map. I think more people should give it a go and they may see that it's what they've been looking for.

• Like 1

If I was able to move from epic and take all my stuffs with me. I would leave epic and say hello to chaos. 

Then 5 years later rolf would fix epic and there would be 100 peoples per server and I would be sad that I moved :(

Never i Would sell and quit immediately if i had to play in one map with Black Legion and those MR drama queens

• Like 3

Battlepaw: Chaos map can stay. Just get rid of Epic and put those players on chaos instead.

Challenge is what Epic was supposed to be. So no need to keep even more servers that are underpopulated.

• Like 1

Battlepaw: Chaos map can stay. Just get rid of Epic and put those players on chaos instead.

Challenge is what Epic was supposed to be. So no need to keep even more servers that are underpopulated.

Those players on Epic to move would have to suffer a major skill decrease.....will they like that?

Never i Would sell and quit immediately if i had to play in one map with Black Legion and those MR drama queens

You could always fight against those who you don't wish to associate with.  ;)

Those players on Epic to move would have to suffer a major skill decrease.....will they like that?

Uberknot they joined Epic believing there would be constant skill resets. So as I see it they cant complain if it would happen.

• Like 1

The problem is that you're assuming people want to join Chaos. Many players really really don't like Chaos for many reasons besides "the skill gain is different". This poll shows once again the overwhelming majority don't want to go to Chaos (or Chaos players not wanting to see all the Epic accounts/players).

• Like 2

Uberknot they joined Epic believing there would be constant skill resets. So as I see it they cant complain if it would happen.

That is not true at all I started in Epic so I know what was said.

The problem is that you're assuming people want to join Chaos. Many players really really don't like Chaos for many reasons besides "the skill gain is different". This poll shows once again the overwhelming majority don't want to go to Chaos (or Chaos players not wanting to see all the Epic accounts/players).

The above is a perfect summary of why this is a bad idea.

DISCLAIMER: My time on Epic was 45 minutes of frustration. I will not try to tell everyone about Epic's PvP and how people on Epic feel. I can tell you that I've always been told that Epic and Chaos players differ entirely - it's not just the skill gains. I've been told it's a different PvP experience too. I mean right off, without even going to Epic, you have home servers and a giant PVP server. You don't have that on Chaos. You can go to Freedom if you want, but you are stripped of your kingdom until you're back on Chaos.

So what you're recommending is to merge two play styles into one entirely different play style. Effectively removing both from the game and replacing it with something that could very well be far more broken.

• Delete Chaos, free refund for deeds and some refund for time spent building. -No, delete all epic server and the entire cluster, and come play on chaos, refund the stuff to epic players for their deeds and things.

• Make a new Chaos Map, slightly bigger then existing one. -No, I dont want a bigger map for chaos, the only fact i like about epic is that elevation is a small map and thats why more PvP, the smaller map of elevation is the only reason why i bothered to grind my FS to 70 on epic.

Let ALL Epic players be able to join this server with some penalty to their gained skills. Let them be able to keep up to 30 in all body stats and maybe 50% in other skills. This numbers ca be tweaked. -No, skill gain is 2x on epic, but when SB is turned on its 4x, if you want that, then only 25% of their skills would make sense.

Nerf SOTG , make it a one per day timed ability at 10 minutes. -SOTG is ok, just like I always say, buff hate and power, don't mess with anything else in meditation.

Stop making new maps that continue to spread out the playerbase after this change is made. -Finally we agree at something, yes do not make new maps to spread the playerbase, but I do not accept this change, so I do not agree to your statement completely.

Why are you asking more than 1 question in a single sentence, implying that people do want to see epic and choas merged. For those who chose to play on epic, its your choice, you were always told and always knew to come on chaos but you responded with "#### off chaos sucks, go back and play there". Now play there where you wanted to. If you want to come to chaos, grind skills just like everyone else or buy a new account, as simple as that, again LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!

To all epic players who favor this suggestion:

Make a suggestion for a epic market, that will work better. Main reason why people prefer chaos for pvp is because it is connected to freedom servers. I suggest you make a suggestion for a better epic market, but if you gonna say "#########" to that suggestion, then don't come in future making such suggestions to merge freedom servers with epic. Epic needs  a better market like freedom, try to understand that as soon as possible.

Edited by Hashirama

Yeah because we always have sleep bonus turned on..

-1 to OP.