Sign in to follow this  
Uberknot

Slower Travel when it rains.

It really gets my goat when people want to discuss realism for reasoning in a game with magic and riding giant scorpions.

It will be remembered if at any time you feel realism at all is needed.

I will tell you this I see more excuses or fear than actual reason against some realism.

This game will evolve over time esp when a new engine comes where it runs better.

I suspect weather, seasons, etc.. will play a role in many things eventually.

Adding realism to travelling is only the next step in making the game that much better.

Edited by Uberknot

No.

And your "realism" reason isn't a good one. Death is "realistic" too... should we also add permadeath?  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I dont know if you already noticed this, but its already to slow to travel, making it even slower wont solve anything. It will only make the paying players more frustrated.

Bah.....always has to be faster easier quicker more more more.....no realism though.

So you want to spend 3+ hours sailing somewhere? or spend more time sitting doing nothing for the sake of "realism"?

"Sorry honey, i cant come to dinner. I'M TOO BUSY SAILING MY INTERNET SAILBOAT"

Edited by Deathly

Ye ever notice that one person feels something isn't such and such and so and so, and then all of the people that don't support the wondrous idea they suggest, somehow want things 'quicker' or 'easier'? ;)

If the travel mechanics weren't already so goram fubar'd, I'd maybe consider such an idea. As it stands, it takes far too long to get from point A to point B, including, yes, multiple relogs to add MORE things to slow down my walking or cart.

That's not wanting it easier, that's saying let's not make it more enormously ridiculous than it already is. You want realism, carry a few logs around when it rains. BAM! Instant wet weather slow down. But that's too easy, isn't it? Because that would be too simple. No, all is not right in the world unless your neighbor, who may or may not want this speed reduction, is affected/afflicted also.

You didn't fail when you suggested the idea. You failed when you flippantly attacked the people who didn't like it.

-1, you're perfectly welcome to hold a+d when it rains to simulate moving slowly if it interests you

Don't try to put this on to everyone else :D

• Like 1

No.

And your "realism" reason isn't a good one. Death is "realistic" too... should we also add permadeath?  :rolleyes:

I say, lets Add permadeath instead

-1 on rain

+2 on permadeath

+1 to belrindor just because he used gorram...browncoats unite...haha

It will be remembered if at any time you feel realism at all is needed.

I will tell you this I see more excuses or fear than actual reason against some realism.

This game will evolve over time esp when a new engine comes where it runs better.

I suspect weather, seasons, etc.. will play a role in many things eventually.

Adding realism to travelling is only the next step in making the game that much better.

-1 too realistic

Slower up dirt or grass hills... Significantly faster down same dirt or hills. :D