Sign in to follow this  
Uberknot

Slower Travel when it rains.

/load_nerfgun

tiaWTl9.jpg

Edited by lawurm

Think of it this way we already have faster travel when the wind is higher.......this would just expand on the idea and make the game more realistic :D

I already get 10 - 20 FPS drops when it rains. Not interested in 10 - 20% travel slowdown too.

Sorry to ask here, PM answer if you like, but does anyone know if there's a game setting to disable the rain?

If not, I'd like to tack on that suggestion here.

SLOWER????

yeah to counter in some way all the speeding up with spells etc.....at times.

You could even make travel slightly faster on hot sunny days.

We would need a weather forecasting skill to map when the next rain is :P

Edited by DOE
  • Like 1

Hell no!  I get lag with rain that is more than enough. :angry:

Edited by Chiqa

No thank you

Some of the travel times are ridiculously slow in this game as is.

Bah.....always has to be faster easier quicker more more more.....no realism though.

I can see it either way. On land: Yeah you would need to be more carefully when it raining but I would still be running and faster at that. On water: I don't see how just rain would slow you down. There would need to be more to the weather that affect you. So it would get kind of complicated. I wouldn't just want rain=slow. I would see the speed vary with how long it rain/how long you been out in it.

Example

Rain would have to be beating down on you which is a result of wind.

Rain would have to be cold a result of temp

You would have to get bogged down from being wet a real factor with just rain

running on pavement sure you might be the same.....other terrains rain sucks.....

flippen realistic nerf squaders....

How about you push your forward button less times when its raining and "pretend" you stuck in the mud?

flippen realistic nerf squaders....

How about you push your forward button less times when its raining and "pretend" you stuck in the mud?

The only thing most of you like is if the game gets easier.......typical.

God forbid they add any realism or slight challenge.

Edited by Uberknot

People don't like an idea and they automatically we want things easier. Like I said you don't necessarily go slower just when it rains there would need to be more conditions to it than just that. I could see it slowing you down if you don't want to slide all over the place which would be an interesting factor when it comes to uphill or downhill. To be honest it is already annoying enough to get anywhere now. Weight/speed limits are good factors now.

+0... I kinda like the idea of adverse weather conditions, but it is pretty good as it is with visibility reductions.   With rain, I only go slower in real life when in a vehicle, if the freeway is crowded.  We don't have that here.  On water, rain doesn't slow things down a bit, as I have sailed in and out of rain many times.

However, I would agree with rain making slopes more difficult to climb beyond the typical 23 on foot.  I would not wish to change anything on carts because of the risk of screwing up cart mechanics again.  They are too tricky to be messing with.

If anything let's go back to discussing the complete elimination of "light breeze" 

The only thing most of you like is if the game gets easier.......typical.

God forbid they add any realism or slight challenge.

wut

How is it a challenge to walk slower for an arbitrary reason.

And how is it realism, unless it is pouring, and has been for a while, you really wont be slowed down much on any terrain.

+1 only if we can build Slip 'n' Slides to move faster when it's raining.

• Like 1

Frame drops and mem leak already accomplish this forcing multiple relogs while traveling anywhere thus making travel time take longer/slower but even if it didn't id still -1 because realism if that's what you want to label it does not equal fun I can play the realism game when I turn my computer off. It really gets my goat when people want to discuss realism for reasoning in a game with magic and riding giant scorpions.