Sign in to follow this  
Elwood2

Grab your sword! Round 2 of Challenge goes live on feb 11th at 18:00 CEST! Which kingdom will you be joining?

Grab your sword! Round 2 of Challenge goes live on feb 11th at 18:00 CEST! Which kingdom will you be joining?

just found that on the official Wurm facebook page

guess there will still not be any teleports then so i guess it will be free again too? 

guess there will still not be any teleports then so i guess it will be free again too? 

Yep.

This time tho, Its a triangle shaped map, So its not like how it was last time where BL had to make boats to get to HOTA. Its all equal-ish distance to hota. Its a map that was actually made by them, Not just a generation, So could be a interesting two weeks.

Edited by akaedis

See you all on middle hota at 18:05, 

Not really, it will be atleast midnight before the full release

JK for life at least on challenge  :D

Edited by Sklo:D

Well i got an email from them i guess here on the forums is the last place we find our news, lol

Dear XXXXXX,

This letter sent from our forum will be mainly about one thing:

New Challenge Round on Wednesday!

As you should be aware by now we have a new concept server called the Challenge server - fast paced action that is quick and easy to get into, allowing new and returning players to join hardened PvP veterans without feeling behind. Round 1 saw some exciting action and we are very excited to announce the release of round 2! The server will open on Wednesday the 11th around 18:00 CEST (GMT+2).

We have taken huge amounts of feedback from round 1 and implemented lots of tweaks with the aim of making kingdoms work better together and let new players adjust quickly to combat - you now respawn with basic armour and weapons and will be able to join the fight immediately, with better new player protection and everyone starting with 70 fight skill (which equals 90% of max) we are sure this round will be just as explosive!

To get to challenge, just log on with a new account and use the portal from Golden Valley to travel to the Challenge server. If you played round 1 you can simply log in to your old Challenge account. All accounts on the Challenge server are automatic premium with no skill limitations this round as well. 

Like the last round, there will be fabulous prizes in various categories and also you can follow your progress on the leader boards found at http://www.wurmonline.com/challenge-stats/

Other things under way:

Bridges:

With an unfortunate delay due to some last minute bugs, we've been working on bridges during most of the autumn and are approaching release. We are sure this will bring a whole new level to the game not seen since multi story buildings. We'll make sure you don't miss this.

More environmental content:

With all the hustle and bustle of challenge, one could easily be mistaken to think that other features aren't in development, you couldn't be more wrong! Wurm is all about settling in and enjoying the best home on the Internet together with your neighbours. While bridges are the foremost task, we have plans for a whole range of new items, creatures and features.

Don't forget to log in and check out what's been happening in the worlds most advanced fantasy sandbox MMO, with content being added every week and constant development there's always something new to find!

Thanks for your time,

The Wurm Online Team!

Edit: I will be glad when they are all settled into their new office so news can resume like normal. 

Edited by Kegan

Hmmm, never received this email. Wondered why there was no update last week. Off to check spam filters again.

I recieved the e-mail 3 hours ago maybe its send in batches

of course it is like every mass email. To prevent getting caught by backend spam filters. Normally you say 50 emails per 10 minutes is a good amount.

Edited by Sklo:D

huh.  between all my accounts, I think I'd have seen one by now.  Not that I'm ever going to support Challenge.  I'm appalled that the devs only seem interested in starting new projects and never finishing anything.

either bl or jk not to sure yet depends on if anyone i know is going either at all

huh.  between all my accounts, I think I'd have seen one by now.  Not that I'm ever going to support Challenge.  I'm appalled that the devs only seem interested in starting new projects and never finishing anything.

They just posted they were close to releasing bridges but they've had a set back with a bug. Its not that anything isnt getting finished, Its just it takes a real long time to develop anything. Specially when your working with another person. Aswell there holding back on a few things until the new client is done.

If you already had a player on storm, when you log in do you remain in the same kingdom as the first challenge?

You can log into the character now, it will be as it was before the start of round 1, in the tutorial area in front of the portal. Use the portal and choose a side.

Whilst this whole Challenge thing DOES seem kind of interesting, I really don't have any interest in playing a temporal account in lieu of my regular premium accounts. I'm not big on temp toons, nor having a new toon god modded to 70 FS. But I do hope those who participate have fun. I just don't see it worth the time investment for myself, personally. I'd rather work on my deed. :)

Has anyone tested taking your challenge toon from last round to another server, and seeing if your phat lewt is in the bank?

Would have been nice to have the rest of Wurm running well before taking on another headache.