Sign in to follow this  
Throndr

Rasberry Pi

Anyone tried running Wurm on a rasberry Pi (2)?

I need a smeller platform to do some grinding tasks (like surface mining, brick & mortar making and so on) within Wife Agro range, and if this could run Wurm on crap settings, I'd have a few more hours of online time...

Anyone?

Highly doubt with the specs that it could run it with anything higher than 1 FPS.

Well yes and no

A Rasperry pi is able to run Wurm but not itself. You would need to have it open and running on a desktop PC, then use VNC or teamViewer to control the desktop PC from your rasp. Not a good solution but would work.

Edit: vinius was faster

Edited by Sklo:D

A Rasperry pi is able to run Wurm but not itself. You would need to have it open and running on a desktop PC, then use VNC or teamViewer to control the desktop PC from your rasp. Not a good solution but would work.

I'm not sure if that would be possible even, though I would be interested to hear if anyone has gotten this to actually work.

ipad is the crapiest thing on this planet if that can manage it then a rasp must also be able to do it :P at least there will be lags

Have done some wurming through remote desktopping with my Pi, but wouldn't recommend actually trying to play the game - I merely did my prayers and meditates while watching TV in another room.

Wurm Online depends on some java libraries to run. Most of them are JVM bytecode that can run on any java virtual machine. Some libraries though use native code to execute. For example the graphics library of the wurm client, lwjgl, uses native libraries that are compiled specifically for each architecture. Those libraries are an intermediate layer between the Operating System and the actual java code running on the virtual machine and thus need to be compile against the architecture you are running on. As far as I know lwjgl has not been ported/compiled to any linux other than i386/amd64 thus you won't be able to get a client running on Pi which is a different architecture.

But why port when you can transmit ? Any decent connection can make your mobile device or your Pi an interface to your computer. I personally use TeamViewer and get crystal clear and ultra responsive interface to Wurm Online. You can use VNC viewer too as others said. 

TLDR:

It is possible but not natively to bring this topic to an end :) Use VNC Viewer or TeamViewer to control a desktop PC from your PI.