Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

No coins in the coffers (Xanadu)

It has been awhile since i had been on Xanadu since i sold my deed and moved to Pristine but i come back over last night and since then i have not be able to sell anything to the token/npc. Is this an issue with Xanadu all the time now? I know on Pristine you can sell whatever you want at any time and never see the out of money message. (does any of the other servers besides Xanadu see this?)

I just do not know if it is worth coming back to Xanadu with the lag, lack of traders and the empty coffers seems like a bad move.  I know traders are not working great but the one i have left is still getting 1-2s and then i can sell as i please so seem like staying on the old servers might be better..idk

Edited by Kegan

Been like that for pass 2 days easy.

Not sure whats going on , theres been allot of new deeds made also.

I would consider returning to Pristine again, if it weren't for all the old mines and teraform work I'd have to clean up when deeding.  At this point, it is Xanadu or bust - bust is inevitable though, if they can't fix the lag.

when you have a huge population I think it gets used more...thus runs out faster.

I think the token selling is meant mostly for new players.....if everyone uses it that might make it run out faster.

If you are that hard up try foraging I am sure you'll get something eventually

Edited by Uberknot

I am not hard up that is not the point what i was saying is that the old servers seem to have way more to offer than Xanadu like no lag, traders as an option and then the sell function that works all the time. 

Edited by Kegan

I would consider returning to Pristine again, if it weren't for all the old mines and teraform work I'd have to clean up when deeding.  At this point, it is Xanadu or bust - bust is inevitable though, if they can't fix the lag.

!! I know a Mag priest on Pristine that would help with strongwall casts if you came back. :D

It's been at least several days now, 2-3 if not more, that you are unable to sell anything at a token. 

[18:06:45] There are apparently no coins in the coffers at the moment.

Wurm King, I know you want a few thousand more 99 ql garlics!

Since I don't sell items at Tokens, drain Traders, kill animals for coin drops or go out f&b for coin drops, I find Xanadu to be quite the enjoyable server to live upon while continuing to work on my deed there. Even though I don't do these activities on Pristine and Deliverance either, I find them to have enjoyable aspects as well.

Depends upon one's focus in playing the game it seems and I have always found that Xanadu has possibly even more to offer than the other servers, with its vast sprawling untouched landscapes from the start. The only real problem I have experienced there has been the on and off lag issues, which since they are continually working on, I believe will continually improve as well.

=Ayes=

It was working just fine the past month, it's only been this past week that it started doing it. (Which makes me wonder if someone didn't figure out an exploit...)

If you are that hard up try foraging I am sure you'll get something eventually

No, you won't. Those coins come from the King's Coffers also. If it's empty, nobody is getting coins from either selling to token OR foraging/botanizing/fighting.

I know traders are not working great but the one i have left is still getting 1-2s

If what I was told about the recent changes to traders is true, the reason you're getting money still is because it's basically doing an 'area of effect' siphon of the deed upkeeps you have as neighbors, so basically you're getting a small portion of your neighbors/alliances coins back....eventually that cycle will run down also. More neighbors = more income basically. I'm actually glad we don't have any traders out here on Xanadu except for starter towns.

It hasn't worked fine in the past.  It's happened that it's run out of money several times.   In my opinion the coins being delivered for the rare rolls are the culprit and not people selling to tokens.  I could be wrong though, but it seems that way to me.   

I dont know if the token money and the rare roll money are connected......show me where it states that.

I think the token can be out and you still find coins on the ground.

Another thing is you can sell anything for 11 iron high qlty.

And from what I have seen crops now are selling for less than 1s for 1k in some cases.

Who's to say thousands of crops are not being sold because the market is worse than the token price?

Also if  I recall you can get a rare roll selling stuff to the token and get a rare coin there as well that might make some people needing prem or who just want a chance at rare coin sell off a bunch of crops to the token.

Obviously too many people are selling stuff to the token for coin which is why it runs out.

Edited by Uberknot

About the lag too, its not just Xanadu, although it may have it the worst.

Every day on chaos there are hour-two hour long spurts where there is a 2-10 second delay on everything, like yesterday or the day before it was pretty bad.

Well, there's coins in the token currently. I sold my massive pile of corpses/junk that'd been accruing, and hit 'You've sold your quota' 2 times, and probably was halfway to another when I ran out of junk that needed sold. (I maintain my place and don't leave piles around.)

I did also get a rare coin from foraging. Maybe someone could post in here when it runs dry again and they get a rare coin still...but I'm sure you'll just get the people who are like 'I got a rare coin and it was empty!' when it wasn't actually empty...

• Like 1

It ran dry about 45 minutes ago while I was selling a heap of bodies. 

So basically there are coins resupplied every so often so no one can get them all.....That's what I would say.

I did manage to get some things sold today and went ahead with setting up a small 1s deed for now to see how it goes.  The only thing that kept me from moving on to a smaller server was the open untouched areas Xanadu has even with 300-500 players active. I found a spot with about 200-300 tiles of nothing but woods and put my deed in the middle of it all..now getting clay might be a pain but the rest is just what i was looking for this round.  

• Like 1

I've heard plenty of people selling stuff to tokens. So no wonder it gets drained when +100 try to sell junk to the token every day.