Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Key Pricing

Being able to change key price and/or tying them with their respective locks on merchants. In the past when Ive tried to sell locks with keys on merchants, some jerkoff would buy all the keys as they are permaset at 1c.

I like the idea of tying objects together for sale as a set in general.

It seems silly not to have that available for at least lock and key sets.

being able to make a bunde would be the solution, like activate an item the on the other > make bundle, you can add up to 100 items to the bundle, examining it willshow you what items it has and at what Quality.

simple solution:  Allow sales of bag that aree filled, we can trade filled bags, so why not be able to sell filled bags?

~edit: In addition allow 1 new item "crates"  they weigh 21kg (10 planks and large nails), but can place the larger items in them, IE shovels, weapons, mauls EcT

The master key and the lock should be one item when its not attached, and therefore you can only make copies after attaching it.

Yes I like that idea Tich. You would make the lock and when you attach it a key appears in your inventory... Brilliant!  ;D

I like the "bag" idea myself.  Any liftable container should be sellable with contents, really.  You should be able to sell a barrel full o' lye, a waterskin of wine, a quiver of arrows, a small chest full of troll teeth, a backpack of armour... or a satchel with a revoltingly high quality lock and key.

I like the "bag" idea myself.  Any liftable container should be sellable with contents, really.  You should be able to sell a barrel full o' lye, a waterskin of wine, a quiver of arrows, a small chest full of troll teeth, a backpack of armour... or a satchel with a revoltingly high quality lock and key.

I compleatly agree with that as well but why clutter the server with thousands of keys that cant be sacrificed till the locks are, and get mixed up so you don't know what key goes to what lock when they are the same ql. Just have no keys till the lock is attached the first time and then it appears in your inventory...

The master key and the lock should be one item when its not attached, and therefore you can only make copies after attaching it.

That is an excellent solution.

bump

Lock and key really should be one item till the lock is attached at which point the key will show up in the attachers inventory.

Half the items on server and most locks are sacrificed anyways...

+1 filled containers on traders/merchants

+1 single item lock and key

...for pesky keys that stick around and can't be sacrificed, I always use lava lol

+1 filled containers on traders/merchants

+1 single item lock and key

...for pesky keys that stick around and can't be sacrificed, I always use lava lol

you can sac those keys, you just have to sac the locks first

It just seems like common sense... I'm almost sure some one bought all my keys, although I haven't checked in a while... It's stupid, if nothing else it'd be nice to set the price of the key (so you set the key to 1/2 total price and the lock to 1/2 total price. Less people would be willing to buy a key for 30-40c (if you were buying a 90ql door lock.)

simple solution:  Allow sales of bag that aree filled, we can trade filled bags, so why not be able to sell filled bags?

This would allow the ability to sell tool sets, armor sets, etc...  why not? +1 to this.

This would also spur trade of items of lesser value in large quantities IE big bag o' Nails or bag of farmed veggies.

Selling filled containers is a must-add to the game.

Locks with attached master keys is also a good, idea, but less important imho. I think keys in general are a dead concept since already the most important things don't require them. How many farms do you know of that have a 1x1 gatehouse to avoid using keys?

Having keys appear when you attach the lock would save some time and haslle for GM's on GV as you do get some new players attaching locks that they found, not realising what the consequences would be. Yes, we laugh at them now, but this is not an easy game to immediately get to grips with. as I say, it's more just a hassle saver than anything else.

This would allow the ability to sell tool sets, armor sets, etc...   why not? +1 to this.

This would also spur trade of items of lesser value in large quantities IE big bag o' Nails or bag of farmed veggies.

Most of what Rolf does seems to be centered around avoiding an economy of scale.  If we could sell 50 barrels with 100 nails in each one on our merchants, the server count of items would skyrocket, doing bad things to overall performance.  Unless quality and damage levels were removed from various small items so they could be sold as 100x item A rather then 1x item A, 1x item B, 1x item C, etc

Dirt, sand, rock shards, nails, wood scraps, etc might all be made identical.  But again, that would create economy of scale, rather than barter economy.

I don't see why selling filled containers can't be implemented. If Rolf could get boats to figure out the number of items nested in their hull and set an item cap, he could easily make merchants do the same. The point with selling filled containers isn't to make merchants hold more items.

Enabling selling filled containers would have the added bonus of being able to sell liquids such as wine, tea, milk, etc.