Sign in to follow this  
Milosanx

Wurm Online |Tunnel Crafting Explained

The ins and out on Tunnel Crafting. We pull out our pens and pencils and draw our way to understanding lining up tunnels to near perfection.

It's been a while since my last video due to xmas period, kids holidays and internet troubles. I got a couple of exciting videos coming up. Enjoy.

>http://youtu.be/iZiCIBviEC0

Here is a link to mountain top tunnelling. Here

Wurm Online playlist

• Like 5

Thanks Guys. 

Next video is nearly complete.

Xanadu West to east. Stay tunned.

I feel like your helpful and useful video is held back and made confusing and hard to follow by very weak visuals. I've had to do about 2000 tiles of tunneling to get up and down my mountaintop deed, and using graphing paper was absolutely critical. Invaluable. when doing big tunnels without much room for error due to big climbs, lots of nearby tunnels and such, you cant afford to mess up by not mapping it out properly.  Plot out the slopes, and plot out thelineup points. makes it so much less frustrating. 

I hope this doesn't come across as too critical, just think a better diagram, or some slides, could take this from a 5 to a 9 

Edited by Arronicus

Np, i have had people talk to me and say its a little confusing. Perhaps soon I will do an in game part 2, talking about the same thing. It make make more sense to people that way.

As for mountain top tunnel, there is the other video with a nice diagram :) I think that one is explained better too.

Just remember guys. It's easy to be critical on peoples video. They do take time to do with lots of editing and tbh I didn't want to spend that much time doing so :)

Np, i have had people talk to me and say its a little confusing. Perhaps soon I will do an in game part 2, talking about the same thing. It make make more sense to people that way.

As for mountain top tunnel, there is the other video with a nice diagram :) I think that one is explained better too.

Just remember guys. It's easy to be critical on peoples video. They do take time to do with lots of editing and tbh I didn't want to spend that much time doing so :)

its not a bad tutorial by any means, i just think when it comes to design in wurm, the way people design and plan things are different for everyone and the tutorials on design will be critiqued by people it both did and didn't work for. For instance, i couldn't follow this, but despite living on mountains my entire forever in wurm, i can't ever follow mineplans, i can only picture it in my head and make a 3d diagram in my head. this works for me, with very little mistakes.

however, some people need 3d plans, some people need 2d plans, some people need drawn diagrams. So i'm sure it will click for some, not for others, if it doesn't click for them then oh well, only so much you can do, but for those it clicks with i'm sure it will be insanely helpful.

• Like 1

The starting music in your videos man, it gives a great feeling, I tend to hear it again and again! :)