Sign in to follow this  
Sizzle

Make gems hold 4x favor in Chaos

4 out of 5 stars.

This thread has all the quality that we've come to expect. Although the author has become quite prolific he has not strayed from a time honored and functional formula. Boy meets forum, boy spams forum, boys picks fight with freedomers.

• Like 1

It's not a matter of stopping me or not. Game balance is something very relative. A feature is good or bad based on the circumstances under which it gets implemented. During an era of heavy combat, favor managment gets difficult with the current setup thus it makes this change needed. On the other hand, during a stagnant pvp period, I would also agree that such a boost would not be just unnecessary but also harmful. A dynamic setup adapts better to an ever-changing environment like Chaos.

@Jberg

If you refer to mikeyaya, he did play indeed. But nowadays his name is only visible in our map utils towers and posting here is as relevant as freedomers being allowed to post in the Chaos section. We are getting a lot of decision intervention in chaos from people that are completelly unrelated to the server. This has to stop.

If it's game balance you seek, then perhaps would would wish to decrease the prevalence of priest in PvP, not the opposite.

I won't go on the usual rant, but they become more and more of a necessity with every "balance" patch. Even the shield bashing patch, if you think about it, indirectly buffs priests because the only methods of slowing players now are web armor and tornado, the latter of which is effectively useless (excluding hurting status).

Edited by SotG_is_OP

Actually I got shield bashed twice during a recent raid in Chaos.

Yurik is not experienced enough in combat to know what's balanced and what's not. He has a right to vote as this is something that concerns him too, his opinion is welcome as he's an active chaos player, but I don't find any need to coment on it as it did not include any worth mentioning arguments.

You have got to be kidding me.  Yurik is an active PvPer, and works a priest.   I don't PvP nearly as much as he does and probably know less of the intricacies of the priest system and I've been playing for five years.    

It's not a matter of stopping me or not. Game balance is something very relative. A feature is good or bad based on the circumstances under which it gets implemented. During an era of heavy combat, favor managment gets difficult with the current setup thus it makes this change needed. On the other hand, during a stagnant pvp period, I would also agree that such a boost would not be just unnecessary but also harmful. A dynamic setup adapts better to an ever-changing environment like Chaos.

@Jberg

If you refer to mikeyaya, he did play indeed. But nowadays his name is only visible in our map utils towers and posting here is as relevant as freedomers being allowed to post in the Chaos section. We are getting a lot of decision intervention in chaos from people that are completelly unrelated to the server. This has to stop.

Just... you are the last person I would want trying to decide what is balanced.  Your version of the "truth" is quite evident in all BL propaganda that gets spewed onto the forums.  I don't care how long someone has been playing Chaos, what I do care about is what agenda those people have when trying to force feed us baloney.    

The "decision intervention" is a lot less insulting coming from freedom players than it is from you.  At least they are often just honestly ignorant of things that go on here.    This isn't the case here.    

As for your "brilliant" idea here I'll list three problems I can point out, and this is from a player that plays a mag priest and has fought and died with it.  

1.   When your talking balance, simply being able to store more favor won't balance things, since some priest types use more favor than others.   For example, Fo Priests and Lib priests use more than Mag priests.     One of the issues we already have is how easy it is already for Lib priests to regain favor compared to other types.  

2.   The ability to store favor isn't just an objective concept, its also something that goes into skilling priests, not just pvp.  The more favor that is used from a gem the more it is worn down.     That makes getting gems for skilling harder, because they wear out faster.  

3.   While I do use a lot of gems, it's mostly in emergencies, or when I'm fighting.  When PvP is taking place, there should be more than just priest duels, etc.  It's already bad enough as it is, if you make it even easier to store favor, it throws everything more out of wack.   Being able to store enough favor in almost any gem for a full recharge may sound like a good idea, but when one priest, especially if its a Fo can completely charge up  over and over again without sac materials for all those buffs, anywhere it gets a bit stupid.  

Those are just the first three problems that come to mind offhand, I'm sure you will probably get more from others who have been playing as a priest longer.    

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

Coming from a one time Fo priest on epic where gems get burned up in battle -1 that is dumb

Comming from a former lib champ on epic, from the kingdom that caused outcrys on the forum and nerfs implemented specificly to counter spell spam.... This isnt needed.

• Like 1

I would rather support a suggestion for some sort of extremely heavy but mobile shrine that you can sac items in.

• Like 1

*1 year later* 4x favour in gems isn't enough, please give priests on Chaos 8x/16x/unlimited favour 

Favour management is part of the balance, and an important part when you consider the power of the spells. -1

*1 year later* 4x favour in gems isn't enough, please give priests on Chaos 8x/16x/unlimited favour 

Favour management is part of the balance, and an important part when you consider the power of the spells. -1

I'd say overheating is the important part...

As a past priest pvper I think 4x favor out of gems would be insanely overpowered. Gathering gems is rather easy if you do alot of mining, Having a satchel of like 10 gems all high QL and full 400% of QL with favor would make me feel like a god, which isn't right.

Edited by Madt