Sign in to follow this  
Uberknot

Why are there no Hota type Statues for PvE events?

Sadly this is only around that one word "Valuable" not about what they are or their purpose.

If they were not considered a potentially lucrative market then this conversation would never have started.

If you get these then you should get everything, DrakenSpirits, NoGumps, Sol Demons and all the rest because when butchered they give items which you can only get on Chaos and not Freedom too.

I don't know anymore, this whole thread just brings to mind

mine.jpg

• Like 1

HEY GUYS! Freedom already bitched trader income to next to nill, SO LETS have another BRILLIANT and I mean utterly BRILLIANT freedom fix. Let's just make HOTA statues free to everyone! Just right click the ground and spawn your own!

Get over it freedom. You're the ones making them worth the $ they're worth. Chaos nor epic sell or buy them for near the price y'all do.

Stop buying them or stop bitching

Edit: if freedom gets any kind of HOTA statue from any pve activity then they need full pve activities like all valrei mobs!

Edited by Radni

"Stop bitching", "butthurt" ... what are you guys on PvP ... 12 years old? 10?

Try talking like adults and maybe we'll start thinking of you as such.

"Stop bitching", "butthurt" ... what are you guys on PvP ... 12 years old? 10?

Try talking like adults and maybe we'll start thinking of you as such.

Edited by Radni

I'd love to see a bunch of freedomers fight a "warmonger" 15 sized npc group that essentially is a random combo of high hitpoint npcs with player and artifact abilities/dmg and 40km/h.

like a random orb of doom effect (thats half your hitpoints), truestrike magranon sword (2-4 shoot top fighters with gone), light of fo (you should know this ability) and fun stuff like that.

To get a statue you need to kill all 15.

Each individual warmonger got a 5 min respawn timer.

Naturally they all work as a group and got 95% dmg reduction from ranged attacks.

They got healing abilities and if left alone, they will heal themself up.

Oh and if you die the warmonger will pick up your items. if that warmonger remains out of combat for 5 min, then your items dissapear.

Sounds fun huh?! :D

Consider this freedom... What if during those massive dragon slayings.... You didnt face a puny dragon... Insted you faced an equal sized group trying to kill you and take your things.

That is why hota gives rewards.

It's a challenge involving a lot of risk.

Do you disagree? Come claim victory. Chaos await you. It's riskfree anyway, right?

ps. bring all your friends too!

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 3

Who gives a darn what you think?

If you think what I said was childish than you need to go read all the anti trader yelling and whining and stomping their feet freedom posted in the various threads on the issue.

I'm sure not all freedomers are that bad but when all I see is that it sure paints a very whiney picture for you

Yeah I read it, which kinda yields the same question for pro-traders =)

I'd love to see a bunch of freedomers fight a "warmonger" 15 sized npc group that essentially is a random combo of high hitpoint npcs with player and artifact abilities/dmg and 40km/h.

like a random orb of doom effect (thats half your hitpoints), truestrike magranon sword (2-4 shoot top fighters with gone), light of fo (you should know this ability) and fun stuff like that.

To get a statue you need to kill all 15.

Each individual warmonger got a 5 min respawn timer.

Naturally they all work as a group and got 95% dmg reduction from ranged attacks.

They got healing abilities and if left alone, they will heal themself up.

Oh and if you die the warmonger will pick up your items. if that warmonger remains out of combat for 5 min, then your items dissapear.

Sounds fun huh?! :D

Consider this freedom... What if during those massive dragon slayings.... You didnt face a puny dragon... Insted you faced an equal sized group trying to kill you and take your things.

That is why hota gives rewards.

It's a challenge involving a lot of risk.

Do you disagree? Come claim victory. Chaos await you. It's riskfree anyway, right?

ps. bring all your friends too!

I agree Hota should have a min of 15 fighters per kingdom on chaos that show up and attend and fight to the death before it gives a statue ever again good idea.

Edited by Uberknot

Should be even if the warmonger dies, you have a 50% chance of losing your items.

How would a PvE HOTA work?

Youd have nothing to fight over, every mob in the game is extremely weak outside of uniques, and even then with more than 5 people over half of them aren't an issue anyway.

also, id like to mention they are worth a lot of silver because freedomers pay for it with a lot of silver, food for thought.

Hardly any moonmetal items are sold to begin with, which is also another reason for the value.

On another side note, Freedomers have all the same fighting options to win hota... Nothing is stopping massive groups of freedomers to come over for HOTA.

Something I've noticed in the community is some louder pve players think that pvp should be its own incentive/reward, and everything that makes pvp have something special (hota, moon metal, sorcery, etc) should be available to pve only as well

I don't understand that.  What if I said pve is its own reward so you don't need anything special?  Sounds pretty silly to suggest that doesn't it

Why do I have to spend hours upon hours struggling doing countless missions and wasting thousands upon thousands of karma guiding my god for a chance at him winning, to get an even smaller chance at winning a sorcery item, but pve players can just spam kill uniques instead and have a chance to get an item?

Why do I have to risk my account dying and losing an affinity, rank, fs, valuable gear etc just to get one statue when pve players want to freely be able to obtain them?

Is this point easy to see?  Why are pvpers labeled with words such as "entitled" with this stuff going on?  Why do pvpers have to work for special rewards but pve players feel entitled to getting them without that same risk/work, when those items were made to be rewards for those specific reasons?

Something I've noticed in the community is some louder pve players think that pvp should be its own incentive/reward, and everything that makes pvp have something special (hota, moon metal, sorcery, etc) should be available to pve only as well

I don't understand that.  What if I said pve is its own reward so you don't need anything special?  Sounds pretty silly to suggest that doesn't it

Why do I have to spend hours upon hours struggling doing countless missions and wasting thousands upon thousands of karma guiding my god for a chance at him winning, to get an even smaller chance at winning a sorcery item, but pve players can just spam kill uniques instead and have a chance to get an item?

Why do I have to risk my account dying and losing an affinity, rank, fs, valuable gear etc just to get one statue when pve players want to freely be able to obtain them?

Is this point easy to see?  Why are pvpers labeled with words such as "entitled" with this stuff going on?  Why do pvpers have to work for special rewards but pve players feel entitled to getting them without that same risk/work, when those items were made to be rewards for those specific reasons?

yadda yadda.....wheres the comparable PvE content?

And yes you do sound like you think you are entitled to special content because you PvP...btw.

All players who pay to play Wurm should be entitled to the same special content or similar regardless of what they play.

So yes the PvE players do feel like they have been snubbed at times when it comes to some types of content.

Esp when said content is only available on a PvP server but is allowed to be moved and sold to PvE servers.

Edited by Uberknot
  • Like 1

All pvp servers play pve 99% of the day, week month etc because the only pvp thing is fighting other people for 10-60 minutes a week. Rest of the time we are imping etc just like freedom, dropping dirt, cutting bricks, exploring.

Freedom is getting treasure hunts, can we pvpers get out own treasure hunts..-- oh wait we have HOTA.

Freedom can go over to chaos any time or portal to epic ( an be on our account levels in 2-3 months and pvp ready in 1 or under)

If freedom is dying to get more pve stuff, then freedom needs to have ALOT harder mobs cause freedom is Player Vrs Enviroment = mobs, weather, etc.

Epic and chaos already have tough mobs daily, no gumps, drake spirits etc.

If freedom is given some of the pvp stuff ( HOTA statues, etc) then they need their own chance at moon metals. Seryll has a very low chance of spawning from valrei mobs ( like I've killed about 120 or so and never gotten any ) so let freedom get their own moon metals by having valrei mobs on freedom... But with those come valrei events and I think freedom should 100% get those cause that's Enviroment! Pve? right! So if freedom gets trenches craters etc ( which also spawn moon metals, HEY more pve stuff for freedom!!!!!!)

But those don't negate deeds and shouldn't on freedom either since it's pve.

But wait... Freedom already said thy didn't want all this..? So freedom doesn't want pve? Okay.. Weird I guess but alright. Well good they have chaos and epic ( where home servers are pretty much only pve) to visit :D problem solved. Freedom already said no to all our pve challenges.

Not to mention items that haven't been generated in years, and were pretty limited even when they were available.

Master Bags of Keeping. Plenty of the regular boks floating around though. Still a few farwalker amulets floating about. Summer hats might fit in that category as well; though, theres been quite a few new GMs.

Another question is if they are only for PvP servers why are they allowed to be sold on PvE servers??

It Just seems these type items should be available game wide through quests and events for all players for a more balanced game economy.

Because apparently PvP is not enough incentive to draw people to pvp servers, so they added stuff like hotas to convince people to try pvp. I think that's strange on its own; if pvp doesn't attract players perhaps its time to look into making pvp more fun (fix the bugs, see if the combat system may be improved) instead of adding other things instead to draw players to try it.

It is very apparent that these Hota statues given out on Chaos and not being available to be obtained through other means on the PvE servers are to "encourage" players to participate in the pvp game. The further problem arises when since they are unavailable on the PvE servers, they can be imported into them and sold for large amounts of silver coins to then finance the pvp players giving them this economic advantage.

Yes, why indeed are they allowed to be sold on PvE servers Uberknot. My opinion is that they should not be importable onto them, since they are then purely a source of income advantage by those who control and constantly win these Hota events. If these pvp players like these statues for their own sake, then they should have no problem with them staying on these servers where they can only be obtained.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

"I want a HotA statue but I'm not willing to pay for it or do the HotA to get it."

• Like 2

"I want a HotA statue but I'm not willing to pay for it or do the HotA to get it."

You may wanna improve your reading comprehension a drop... we don't mind doing the HotA, just not around gankland, you guys have A LOT of bad rep to get rid of, which won't be happening anytime soon unless certain things happen... 

The horror stories from Challenge wrecked the hell out of PvP'er reputation, let's see if round 2 is a bit more sporty.

Forums... oh Lord... forums... with a few rare exceptions, try to argue a point with a PvP'er it'll come down to their replying with "your butthurt" and the traditional accusations of "entitlement" which by my experience, is the term used by unemployed teenagers to counter an employed person's job (usually telling by how games are HARD WORK and people who can't play a full 8 hours a day are "lazy") ..... I'll stop here and do a social service:

"YOU'RE travelling to YOUR summer house.  YOUR friends called, said THEY'RE also going over THERE with THEIR dog, hoping that YOU'RE cool about people bringing pets."

And yes, Freedom has its share of those too... here's a hint, on Freedom servers we hope those people move to Chaos ASAP, we don't move to Chaos to get away from them.

Well to be fair, it's happened when I've encountered certain freedomers too,  I was put off ever going back to Pristine after we attempted a dragon hunt and encountered some really aggravating people.   It's my own really notable bad experience when working with Freedom players.  In general I've enjoyed the events and hunts I've attended and like most of the freedom population.    I don't normally hold a grudge, and I have a feeling many of you would feel the same way if you worked with some of the PvPers, and have positive experiences.  

And yes, when I hear many of the players on here complain about many of the mechanics they want or "need to have to be happy" rather than what will actually solve real problems within wurm, and make the game more playable.   There is a vast difference between trying to solve issues and creating new ones, but its almost always a matter of perspective.     In this case, there is no us vs them, the OP isn't as much a suggestion as it is a demand.   That's what has so many players riled up and, I'm quite certain the OP has directed the debate (if you can call it that) to make it more inflammatory just to create more popcorn munching fun.    

I just want to know really why there is no version of these types of rewards for the PvE side of the game?  It just seems odd to me to put in these items that are worth a lot of Silver for a small portion of the Player Base.  Is there a Legit reason?

I mean lets look at this OP, there is really no rational question here, its a retorical question given to hide a demand and an accuastion that the hota statues are not in fact legit.   If you intend to support a response to this in any rational manner it really dosen't work because this is what you get in response by the creator of the topic:

Another question is if they are only for PvP servers why are they allowed to be sold on PvE servers??

It Just seems these type items should be available game wide through quests and events for all players for a more balanced game economy.

This is not a rational question, or at least the responder didn't actually take any logic into account when trying to formulate their response.    The servers were connected, and they were attached to the PVE servers long after the HOTA already existed.     If the development didn't want rewards obtained from PvP to flow into PvE servers, the restrictions would have contained the "contraband"    The debate over connecting the servers was a very long one, and in the long run it seems to have been the right choice, both from the stability that Chaos got, and the new markets that opened up to help supply PvP that has become very lucrative for many Freedom players.   

You are talking about an 8 year old server?  with established groups of players of very high skill.....keep it real man.

Those statues should have been available to all through events and quests.

Explain why the PvP player base needs to have these exclusive items to sell to the masses on the PvE servers?

Go ahead.

I think this was pulled after he already asked this question over and over, and many players responded rationally, but the OP refuses to listen any of the debates and continues to try to steer the topic into PvE vs PvP players.   This happens repeatedly through the entire topic.   

Conclusion:   I don't think this is ever going to go anywhere constructive.  Even the no-holds-bar kinda Forum PvP I get into with SOTG_is_op is more dignified than this train wreck, and we can both be opinionated gits in those topics sometimes.     

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 3

It is very apparent that these Hota statues given out on Chaos and not being available to be obtained through other means on the PvE servers are to "encourage" players to participate in the pvp game. The further problem arises when since they are unavailable on the PvE servers, they can be imported into them and sold for large amounts of silver coins to then finance the pvp players giving them this economic advantage.

Yes, why indeed are they allowed to be sold on PvE servers Uberknot. My opinion is that they should not be importable onto them, since they are then purely a source of income advantage by those who control and constantly win these Hota events. If these pvp players like these statues for their own sake, then they should have no problem with them staying on these servers where they can only be obtained.

=Ayes=

I agree.

"I dont want people to be able to buy an item they want because it comes from pvp players"

The answer to your question:

It wouldn't work because we would end up with alliances walling off the HoTA zone by using chains of walled rectangular minimum upkeep deeds.

The answer to "I want statues from PvE":

The statues don't provide (direct) logistical/strategic advantages (like moon metals) to those who win them so it wouldn't sound crazy to me to see them added as rewards for rare PVE events and have the PvP HoTAs give more moon metals instead.

Edited by Anothernoob

I don't get what you mean "Economic advantage".   Most of the actual advantage we get from the proceeds doesn't affect the PvE servers in any way.   We don't try to corner the market on anything, nor do we use the proceeds to bid on anything on the Freedom market.   MR's accounting is published and distributed for all members, and looking through it, its clear most of that clearly goes into help supporting our war effort here and take some burden off of all our war deeds.     I've tried to convince our kingdom to use the proceeds we get in euros to purchase accounts to train as Fo priests, but our leadership has wisely chosen to make sure we store the extra up and put it into the kingdom, and encourage players to actively train up their accounts to be Fo priests.    I can't see in any way how it ever impacts the lives of freedom players other than we are the chief supplier at the moment.   As far as I can tell, we have gone above and beyond the call of duty, in our deliveries and prompt service.

Even if we did, it does not destroy the economy, it is adding the money you pay us to go into purchasing goods from Freedom.   Money is already going back into the pockets to players on Freedom, as it stands the more statues that end up on freedom the more statues that Freedom players can trade and sell on their own.   I've seen many people buy our statues then turn around and resell them later to make a profit.    Right now the only reason price is staying constant is because the demand is so high, as saturation gets more intense, the price will do nothing but go down.  That's basic economics for you.   

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

...wheres the comparable PvE content?

So yes the PvE players do feel like they have been snubbed at times when it comes to some types of content.

This is the single most valid question I've seen asked. But again, try to understand that interest in PvP is widely believed to be dying out. Rolf, the game's creator, is allegedly a major PvP'er himself. Rather than being so bitter and cynical, just try to understand PvP is getting such special attention because, of all the glitches, imbalances and faults of this game, the declining interest in PvP is seen to be the most critical. Maybe it feels like this just affirms your feelings that more aggressively competitive players are getting the majority of the content, but I imagine when, PvE doesn't have the majority of the community's interest, more co-operative equivalents to what's currently PvP-exclusive will be released.

Edited by Zorrent

Lol I don't see a decline in pvp interests. Sounds like some propaganda bull cuh-rap

Edited by Radni

Lol I don't see a decline in pvp interests. Sounds like some propaganda bull cuh-rap

OH YEAH, WELL YOUR A BIG FRIGGIN BU-- I mean, I guess I haven't personally seen it myself either, but I've certainly heard concerns. When I used to frequent the suggestions forum, I remember seeing dozens of threads whose titles were an outcry that PvP, Epic or whatever were dying. And looking at the server statistics on the launcher, Freedom is seemingly the most populated server cluster, yet it's also the newest (and the only PvE-focused cluster). Edited by Zorrent

=Ayes=

Like stated before, the only reason they are sold is because people want them.

Before we could sell them, we just stuck 200-300 of them in a mine out of our local and let them rot because they are useless and do nothing beyond generate lag. But then again, i'm sure players like yourself would liken those who disagree with them staying on PvP servers as PvPers despite some of those players being freedomers and just like the statues.

If i can't have it, nobody can!

I'll sit here and continue listen to freedomers whine about whatever the FOTM complaint is because they are bored, and see them change their mind the next day. Just like the original argument of PvP servers don't bring any money, which at the time was proven wrong by graphs that showed that 70% of all money flowed through them.

Or the second huge complaint era where people were saying RT swords are ruining my economy, baa baa, and the same people were turning around and going out of their way to win the auctions on them dropping 15-20s on them when they wouldve sold for 7-8s normally.

tough ######, if you don't want people to buy them/pvpers to make money off your market, stop encouraging people to buy them for 70s+. (not pertaining to you in particular, but to the other people in this thread who say they shouldn't be sold on a PvE server while simultaneously putting in orders for the statues at 50s a pop.)

PvPers are the devil!

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1