Sign in to follow this  
Uberknot

Why are there no Hota type Statues for PvE events?

I just want to know really why there is no version of these types of rewards for the PvE side of the game?  It just seems odd to me to put in these items that are worth a lot of Silver for a small portion of the Player Base.  Is there a Legit reason?

Yes, because player fight for that. It is here to generate PvP (or should be).

People conquer a pillar and should defend it.

On PvE now there are coming back the treasures Hunt. The prizes will not be an hota statue but will be pretty nice, especially for a PvE player.

How would a PvE HOTA work?

Youd have nothing to fight over, every mob in the game is extremely weak outside of uniques, and even then with more than 5 people over half of them aren't an issue anyway.

also, id like to mention they are worth a lot of silver because freedomers pay for it with a lot of silver, food for thought.

• Like 7

A few years back when there were only one-way portals to Chaos people who entered through them got 10s. It's just the way the game works - Rolf wants a PvP game and therefore the incentives lie in the PvP portion of the game. We won't die without HotA statues though so it's all good.

If you make the same type of thing available in an event without risk then obviously there is less incentive for the actual PvP ones with risk to be contested. Seems like a legit enough reason to me. 

• Like 6

Another question is if they are only for PvP servers why are they allowed to be sold on PvE servers??

It Just seems these type items should be available game wide through quests and events for all players for a more balanced game economy.

Edited by Uberknot

having issues editting atm.....

What is the reason?  to find a way to get more coin from the PvE servers?

The whole way this is set up seems odd to me.

Another question is if they are only for PvP servers why are they allowed to be sold on PvE servers??

It Just seems these type items should be available game wide through quests and events for all players for a more balanced game economy.

Risk for reward, they are not strictly for PvP, they are obtained on PvP through an event which can be contested by all kingdoms. What ever kingdom wins the HotA can use the assets obtained to do what they like, sell it off or use it. Cosmetics are not exactly #1 priority on chaos, so HotA statues are usually sold, whereas the metals are useful and are used (although statues are good for holding meals to make them more nutritious)

The reason is it PvP to obtain it, is so that it gives freedomers an incentive to come over and try out chaos.

Things don't always get handed to you on a plate :)

Risk for reward, they are not strictly for PvP, they are obtained on PvP through an event which can be contested by all kingdoms. What ever kingdom wins the HotA can use the assets obtained to do what they like, sell it off or use it. Cosmetics are not exactly #1 priority on chaos, so HotA statues are usually sold, whereas the metals are useful and are used (although statues are good for holding meals to make them more nutritious)

The reason is it PvP to obtain it, is so that it gives freedomers an incentive to come over and try out chaos.

Things don't always get handed to you on a plate :)

risk vs reward??

How many players attend and fight these events to gain the statues?  

Is there a min req?  Like 50 vs 50 or something?

Seems like from what I heard only a small number compared to the vast amounts of Wurm players.

Edited by Uberknot

risk vs reward??

How many players attend and fight these events to gain the statues?

seems like from what i heard only a small number compared to the vast amounts of Wurm players.

JK/MR/BL are the three kingdoms on chaos which can attend successfully, they have all won HotAs. In the past JK dominated it, now we dominate it in MR, but there is the occasional attendee from other kingdoms.

Its peoples personal choice whether to attend or not, if you don't then I don't see why you should get a reward...

It has nothing about the minority/majority, its about who is willing to try.

JK/MR/BL are the three kingdoms on chaos which can attend successfully, they have all won HotAs. In the past JK dominated it, now we dominate it in MR, but there is the occasional attendee from other kingdoms.

Its peoples personal choice whether to attend or not, if you don't then I don't see why you should get a reward...

It has nothing about the minority/majority, its about who is willing to try.

There should be a min challenge such as 50 players 25 on each side or something for such rewards IMHO I mean there is no real risk it sounds like.

This is why there should be Events for all servers to have those statues I think and it could be done through a quest type system as well.

As it is Huge valuable items are given to a few players......without anyone else contesting?

show me the Risk vs Reward......I mean really....

Edited by Uberknot

Because apparently PvP is not enough incentive to draw people to pvp servers, so they added stuff like hotas to convince people to try pvp. I think that's strange on its own; if pvp doesn't attract players perhaps its time to look into making pvp more fun (fix the bugs, see if the combat system may be improved) instead of adding other things instead to draw players to try it.

Either way, perhaps the new treasure hunts will have similar unique aesthetic rewards in the future :)

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 5

There should be a min challenge such as 50 players 25 on each side or something for such rewards IMHO I mean there is no real risk it sounds like.

This is why there should be Events for all servers to have those statues I think.

People have a life unfortunately, this topic has been brought up before... there is plenty of server messages to alert when HotA is going to happen.

there is more than 25 players in each kingdom.

Make zones for HotA on freedom?! hahaaaa Oh boy that will be funny...

Whats the point in having a competition when theres no-one to compete because you're all the same kingdom.

Because apparently PvP is not enough incentive to draw people to pvp servers, so they added stuff like hotas to convince people to try pvp. I think that's strange on its own; if pvp doesn't attract players perhaps its time to look into making pvp more fun (fix the bugs, see if the combat system may be improved) instead of adding other things instead to draw players to try it.

Either way, perhaps the new treasure hunts will have similar unique aesthetic rewards in the future :)

Agreed, I don't know what the top reward was for the THs, but other people got a LANTERN, A LANTERN PAHAHAHAHAHA.

People on our mumble were saying it could be this that and the other, only to be dissapointed xD

People have a life unfortunately, this topic has been brought up before... there is plenty of server messages to alert when HotA is going to happen.

there is more than 25 players in each kingdom.

Make zones for HotA on freedom?! hahaaaa Oh boy that will be funny...

Whats the point in having a competition when theres no-one to compete because you're all the same kingdom.

Competing can be more than just fighting. Treasure hunt was a good example of that, Im not sure there was any information about how that went outside the people who joined it, but there was certainly an element of comperition there :P. I imagine a hota on freedom could work just fine; itd be based on speed rather than blunt fighting. Afterall its just a game of pillar hide and seek. Whoever caps the pillars first with their team/village wins...

• Like 1

This is why there should be Events for all servers to have those statues I think and it could be done through a quest type system as well.

As it is Huge valuable items are given to a few players......without anyone else contesting?

Because the reward is negligible unless you have the spare time and effort. Despite being negligible, it is very helpful, but, there are always other priorities that a kingdom seeks to get in order before it chases statues and moon metal.

When two kingdoms feel they can compete, and both want to put in the effort, it happens.

Just because its not done every day by every kingdom doesn't mean that there is no risk. You wipe once, you get strained. Once you rebuild, you compete again. In theory it is always contested, maybe not in person, but its always in the back of peoples minds.

And like i said before, and others have said, it is only as hugely rewarding as you make it. JK does just fine without everyone wielding moon metal, and statues are not valuable because they are just valuable, they are valuable because people like you choose to pay 80s for a cosmetic item and think it has value, when in reality, if most people spent three days thinking/contributing, they would get that and so much more for free.

Its comparable to the people who would rather pay someone 50s to imp their drake to 90 rather than talk to a lwer for 15 minutes and get it done for free.

Edited by Propheteer

having issues editting atm.....

What is the reason?  to find a way to get more coin from the PvE servers?

The whole way this is set up seems odd to me.

Except the only reason they are worth anything is because people on freedom say they are worth the obscene amounts of money they pay for them.

On epic no one cares about them, they get sacrificed/dumped in random locations/given away to anyone who wants them.

Edited by Kagrenac

I suggest PvP area in PvE just for hota.

I think every pve server should have tiny pvp place. Remove some undeeded mountain and make HotA there in PvE

• Like 1

I know this isn't your intention so please do not take this the wrong way, but this attitude is the reason alot of things get ruined in wurm.

Player X wants to experience or get their hands on something, realises theres only one way to do it, doesn't like that, asks for Rolf to add another way to gain it or change the current way.

If hota statues had some sort of incredibly useful purpose, you'd either never see one of Freedom or the price would be really high, since the kingdoms on chaos would be more inclined to keep them for said purpose.

Luckily for you they're just fancy statues and not much more.

I know this isn't your intention so please do not take this the wrong way, but this attitude is the reason alot of things get ruined in wurm.

Player X wants to experience or get their hands on something, realises theres only one way to do it, doesn't like that, asks for Rolf to add another way to gain it or change the current way.

If hota statues had some sort of incredibly useful purpose, you'd either never see one of Freedom or the price would be really high, since the kingdoms on chaos would be more inclined to keep them for said purpose.

Luckily for you they're just fancy statues and not much more.

Just fancy statues.....ok....then they should be available through other means for all players.

Not just to some exclusive small player base that happens to show up and claim them without a lot of risk.

In other words its time to make them craftable or obtainable by quests through out Wurm.

Edited by Uberknot

Just fancy statues.....ok....then they should be available through other means for all players.

Not just to some exclusive small player base that happens to show up and claim them without a lot of risk.

In other words its time to make them craftable or obtainable by quests through out Wurm.

Its actually available to everyone who chooses to participate, with risk. (Because if there was no risk, you wouldn't be asking for a worry-free way of obtaining them.)

Please don't ignore facts because you don't like them.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

I don't think it matters. They are just cosmetic. I have 3 and they weren't cheap, but I'd rather pay coins than spend a second of my time trying to pvp for one.  If there was an easy way to get them in PvE, I would not give a crap about them anymore.  I've never made a single cosmetic, craftable statue.  Hota statues are only valuable to me because they are hard to get.

• Like 4

Eeep! entitlement!

Their purpose is to reward the winners of the HotA. Nothing more, nothing less.

That you are trying to get them for yourself without taking part shows they are in some way effective, who knew!

There is absolutely nothing stopping you from taking part and claiming them for yourself. You can prep up safely across the border, amass as many freedom players as you want, pick and choose for when seems as quiet a time as possible (low Chaos Population for example) and strike. If things actually do go pear shaped, well the border is close by and getting back isn't that difficult. You can weigh pretty much everything into your favour, it just requires that you make the effort.

In other words, its time for you to pick up your game and earn those rewards. You can. you know...

Though if you somehow got to craft them I'd want them to require a butcher item from the nogumps that you can only get from a one on one fight.... That should be adequately challenging. :D

• Like 2

It's beyond me when people throw their toys out of the pram because someone has something they cant be assed to work for...

• Like 1

if they remove the greed element of pvp they would have to close all pvp servers,because pvp its boring.