Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

One Way Door Lock

Scenario:

You make a new deed over a formerly deeded site.  Turns out people logged out there and quit the game for various reasons.  After some time goes by, you have your buildings/fences up and locks are in place.  Then one or more of those people decide to start playing again and discover they are locked inside your buildings or fences. 

Would be great if they could just wander out, but not back in again, letting the deed holder maintain security, without trapping the former deed holders.

If you logoff in a house you get moved outside when you leave the world and relog again as far as i know.

So if you use your house as gatehouse this still wouldn't solve the problem

I will be in such situation soon, probably, and I have prepared simple solution:

Neighbor's house and fences decayed months ago. I will expand over that area and to not trap my former neighbor there, I will drop key in front of locked fence gate. Once that key will disappear, I will know he understood that message and left area safely. Then I will bash and rebuild that gate.

Would be quite handy to have a command similar to /stuck which transported you from deed to perimeter, so if you get stuck inside one, you can leave easily

• Like 1

pvp abuse comes to mind for a start.

/support

/suicide

/wait-for-deed-owner-to-show-up

/that-will-teach-you-to-leave-wurm-for-to-long  :P

Also /vteleport to another village is what I often suggested to players.

fixed it 80% of the time easily.

GMs may take from hours to days to respond.

We had this problem when people chose to spawn at the deed instead of at the settlement token and appeared inside a locked farm pen.

We built a one way gate house so they can get out and not back inside, just a locked door and on the inside a ladder so they climb up and fall off outside the pen.

• Like 4