Sign in to follow this  
cooutlaw119

wurm economy changes

I was thinking as I read a topic and started to think which can be a bad thing. But I started thinking about the economy in wurm online. We could be doing better my suggestion is simple give everyone lets say 5 silver coins and make it so that the economy circulats funds so that setting up shops and/or trade routes actually worth while that way no one is ever truely broke and player can become more immersed in the lands and actually make a name for themselves where ever they are. This chould lead to specialiest in most crafts and supply and demand can balence out and money can be more important.

I like your idea on more money from the pot to the player, but this idea could lead to alt abus. Think about this for a second, If everyone gets 5s, all you need to do is create 20 alts and you are rich!

Needs a rethink

nope -1

Giving players money would ruin the game fast, we don't want inflation or deflation. 

• Like 1

I don't see how giving every player 5 silver coins would accomplish what you suggest, since players can then use these coins for any purpose that they choose. They could just put this into deed upkeep or even combine it with other silvers accumulated to pay for premium time in game. Also those who normally sell excess silver for RL funds could just add this to that total as well.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

The Wurm economy is exactly what we make it, I don't think it needs any outside influences to alter it further.

• Like 2

There is recirculation of coin through the rare coins from foraging and killing mobs. I know a few people who have raked in enough for premium and then some from this. Not to mention all the other ways of producing funds for one self including making rare items (just keep crafting and you will get some) or gems from mining (or digging). You can also get coins by asking others if they need things such as sprouts, bricks, meat, animal parts, planks, general labour. If 5s is what you think will help you get started in wurms economy then it is there for the taking already. Good speed.

Giving everyone 5s coins would do absolutely nothing good to an economy. Something like that would produce mass inflation. Giving everyone more money puts them in the same situation as they were previously, except this time their silver coins are worth less.

Major -1

• Like 2

e just needs to stop draining everything but premium purchases, remove traders and give every resource collection in addition to mob killing. All of the money.

do that and combine all the money in to each cluster in to one pot and spread evenly across each server. This would circulate money efficently, spread the player base out on all servers and the local markets would be used on each server. Plus reputable merchants would still be used for there amazing goods via mail.

Unique animals should also give a small amount of this pot out to everyone who takes a swing at it. Humanoid uniques could even have a small  additional coin purse that is a small % of the premium only purchases.  Same with humanoid creatures.

This would destroy what is left of the economy devaluing silver and players investments in one disgustingly foul swoop.

e just needs to stop draining everything but premium purchases, remove traders and give every resource collection in addition to mob killing. All of the money.

do that and combine all the money in to each cluster in to one pot and spread evenly across each server. This would circulate money efficently, spread the player base out on all servers and the local markets would be used on each server. Plus reputable merchants would still be used for there amazing goods via mail.

Unique animals should also give a small amount of this pot out to everyone who takes a swing at it. Humanoid uniques could even have a small  additional coin purse that is a small % of the premium only purchases.  Same with humanoid creatures.

Not all play or like kills mobs.

Is really a bad idea, random roll for rare coins is fine, but that you says will end in mos animals murdered only for money...