Sign in to follow this  
Minwaabi

Help me name my deed!

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should I name my deed?

• Pine Point
    • Arbitrary Point (the name it had months ago under a different owner)
    • Zhingwaak Point
    • Neyzhingwaakokaa
    • Zhingwaakokaa Point

I'm about to deed for the first time and I'm terrible at naming things.  So please vote and let me hear what you think about the different options I'm kicking around.  

I like pine point. It's short and simple and easy to remember!

Thanks Capi.  Explanations for why you like a name are helpful.  (As are votes).   Also, in case anyone is curious, all the names effectively mean the same thing (except Arbitrary Point)

Zhingwaak means Pine, so Pine Point

Zhingwaakokaa means There are many pines (here).  

Neyzhingwaakokaa is close to an actual real life place name and means something like Many Pine Point or Point with many pines.

• Like 1

Few Ideas from the names you gave.

Evergreen Glade

PineCone

JackPine

Pines and Needles

Sappington

Pine bow

Coniferous

Out of interest, what language are those last three options in?

Another naming idea - could go for a pine forest/park, such as 'Sherwood' in the UK.

Have mercy on friends and allies. The one you pick they will have tofill into  forms to creat you a role for permissions.

• Like 2

I'm about to deed for the first time and I'm terrible at naming things.  So please vote and let me hear what you think about the different options I'm kicking around.  

what does it look like?

Out of interest, what language are those last three options in?

Another naming idea - could go for a pine forest/park, such as 'Sherwood' in the UK.

Ojibwe (also known as Chippewa in some spheres), one of the native languages of Michigan.  

what does it look like?

It looks a lot like Northern Michigan.  It's part of a great big pine forest, but my spot is on a corner/point so I have water on two sides (lots of it).  A little hilly but not too much.  A little sandy in spots and some reeds.  

I like this one: Pines and Needles, love a little humor. But from a roles stand view pine point is easier.

• Like 1

I personally find that female names make excellent  village names or Titles of Records you happen to like. For example I usually name my deed after fictional characters from Dune  -  Sihaya , Sionna  just a couple of examples.

Get a game of Boggle. Take out the letter cubes. Put one in a cup. Shake it up. Roll it out. Do that to all the Boggle letters lining them up in the order you shake them. Whatever it spells is the name for your deed.  Couldn't be any worse than some of the choices you put in the poll. I agree with Chiqa. Think about the people who have to use that name.

Give us some information about the area... Zingwhatsathing may be one you'll regret down the road :P

I like the Ojibwe names, but they basically get lost in translation. Like here in NY Shenectady is Mohawk for "Place Beyond the Pines". But most don't know that. And I can confirm the suggestion someone made, Evergreen Glade, is already taken. As is Evergreen Cove. Both in our Tree of Life Alliance.

I voted pine point but arbitrary point has a certain cachet.

Thanks for all your advice, input, and votes.  

[21:06:45] It is 23:29:57 on Wrath day in week 3 of the starfall of Fires in the year of 1046.

[21:06:45] The settlement of Pine Point has just been founded by Minwaabi.

• Like 2

No, no, no!!! You should have named it Neyzhingwaa.... kidding :)

Good choice and a nice sounding name. Best of luck with your property.

[21:06:45] It is 23:29:57 on Wrath day in week 3 of the starfall of Fires in the year of 1046.

[21:06:45] The settlement of Pine Point has just been founded by Minwaabi.

Congratulations! Pine Point is a very nice name. A much better choice that those uncommon names that very few will recognize. Just make sure someone doesn't cut down all those pine trees, or just become a Forester who always picks and replants those sprouts. Enjoy your new deed and the pleasure of building it to your liking.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Ran Out of Creative Names

Typical Generic Name

Raid The Next Village