Sign in to follow this  
ArtifexDominus

Fine Carpentry Question

Is there much market for FC items, since they are pretty much purely decoration?

If one was to skill FC for personal reasons, would there be any monetary reurn on their time investment? Or will smithing and channeling remain the moneymakers until we can actually use FC items like chairs?

Also, most cannot be mailed so would require loading and shipping?

Edited by ArtifexDominus

Probably items that sell well for FC are not the larger new furniture but hoping to get a rare rope tool (secondary items: RARE cheesedrill, leggat, spinning wheel, loom & fruit press. smaller items are easier to throw in a chest and work on. )

However Carpentry is such a useful basic skill in this game that a LOT of players have extremely high carpentry. Fine Carpentry is less but I would think 50-70 is not THAT uncommon (I am working for 65 to make Canopied Beds)  and you may need higher to carve out a niche in the market, so to speak. (Someone in Indy chat today wanted to buy a wagon but I do not hear people buying those too often)

Also server may make a difference. You are on Indy I think which has a lot of older players who are also very self sufficient. Xanadu probably has a more dynamic marketplace and more specialization. 

Biggest market on Indy is probably in rare items, or the boring fallback of bricks-n-mortar and bilk construction materials (crates, planks, mining reinifrcemtns, floorboards, nails, iron ribbons). People like decorations but most are relatively easy to make at home yourself.  People hate to make stuff that is b-o-r-i-n-g so sometimes that is where the money is. 

I may be wrong so hopefully someone else has a more optimistic take -- esp for players at lower than 50 skill level.

ps: many of the newer items in particular, cannot be mailed even if they are quite small. ditto for anything that is "furniture" even if you can pick it up easy -- I think older FC tools are mostly OK to mail (rope tools, cheese drill etc).

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

There is a bit of silver to be made in fc doing the new furniture. As well as imping looms etc

Edited by Chiqa

Nowadays it takes 90ish skill in a certain profession to make money out of it, at least on indy. FC is relatively easy to grind, at 73 it takes around +/-1h(SB) per level.

Edited by Standardowy

you can always make some money reimping ropetools to 91,reimping looms and even selling some looms,ropetools,wagons, and some pieces of furniture here and there,not tons  of the new furnitre on my experience but i also dont go out of my way to sell stuff.

i used to sell unfinished unfinished 70 and 80ql looms but seems like thats is not longer posible to mail.

and remember that having a higher main carpentry skill means faster wooden and timber wall timers.

Edited by Tpikol