Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

pack mentality/armies

So its been a few months since this suggestion came up so lets suggest it again

Animal ai changes

Pack/herd mentality making animals walk together as a herd more then strays say a pack of wolfs or a herd of cows/bull with calves and so on of course not for every animal would have it

Armies for things like trolls and goblins and lava fiends that rise up out of mountains with old abandoned dark caves every once in a while and are small at first but cause nearby animals of the same type to roam towards said army making it grow and it will be up to us to stop them(no unique spawning warning or what ever)

Animals will still walk around as strays but not as often if say there are 10 wolfs near each other they would band up over walking past each other and ignoring each other completely

Champion animals would lure others of their type from further reaches then normal packs would

So say a herd of cows would maybe attract other cows/bulls/calves from like 200-300 tiles away as they roam around and say same for deer yet a champion deer being part of the pack would make it be 500-600

There also should be a chance that animals break away from the pack as to stop 1 huge pack of every kind roaming around that is herded by a group of players >.>

• Like 3

Could make hunting more interesting, tho champion troll near a troll mound would make... Heh :D fun

• Like 1

Could make hunting more interesting, tho champion troll near a troll mound would make... Heh :D fun

all the more reason to keep track of mounds :3

hmm imagine a troll army of hardened and angry trolls lead by a fierce ven champ troll id run and come back with a small army myself >.>

all the more reason to keep track of mounds :3

hmm imagine a troll army of hardened and angry trolls lead by a fierce ven champ troll id run and come back with a small army myself >.>

Heh, i would just take my bow and have fun :D But i think it would be cool. Althought i agree with Leaf, maybe it should be on PvP servers as the fighting skills on freedom is not always so high..

+1 if not on PVE servers. 

why not not on pve? in my local area alone there are 9 people with 85+ fs and the stats to back it up to the point they would give pvpers a good run for their money if they wanted to pvp i for one would love to see a troll army roam around on deli or xanadu imagine your local area getting together to fight a bunch of trolls once every few months it be fun and get to make friends :3

but could always make them be more common on pvp servers over pve servers but it would not be as fun as to limit it to 1 server type eg the whole lets have pvp have items/events/pieces of code that pve wont have or different clusters wont have discussion that goes on elsewhere would just be amplified with something like this

it all comes down to tweaking say a normal army of like maybe 40-50 trolls on pvp where as on pve it be 20-25  or smaller/bigger numbers you never know but to limit it to 1 type of cluster/server type would not be a good thing really

especially as both passive and aggressive animals would act similarly it would make people want them to do the same with animals that werent added first(on pve it would be trolls and such) so id say just tweaking numbers would be best

Why not on PVE?

For every bored person with plate and 70 FS and solid houses how many people there don't have that?  There would be lots of complaints. Especially if you have a troll mound somewhere in your area.  =)

I can see it as a good thing for Wild, Challenge, Epic and maybe even Exodus.

why not not on pve? in my local area alone there are 9 people with 85+ fs and the stats to back it up to the point they would give pvpers a good run for their money if they wanted to pvp i for one would love to see a troll army roam around on deli or xanadu imagine your local area getting together to fight a bunch of trolls once every few months it be fun and get to make friends :3

but could always make them be more common on pvp servers over pve servers but it would not be as fun as to limit it to 1 server type eg the whole lets have pvp have items/events/pieces of code that pve wont have or different clusters wont have discussion that goes on elsewhere would just be amplified with something like this

it all comes down to tweaking say a normal army of like maybe 40-50 trolls on pvp where as on pve it be 20-25  or smaller/bigger numbers you never know but to limit it to 1 type of cluster/server type would not be a good thing really

especially as both passive and aggressive animals would act similarly it would make people want them to do the same with animals that werent added first(on pve it would be trolls and such) so id say just tweaking numbers would be best

I think the problem lies in areas. Some areas have high fs skilled people, as maybe they started together 5 years ago or such. But if you look at suggestions you will see that PvE people want creatures nerfed (hell hound for example). Now imagine 5-6 trolls + a champ one. Or 8 wolfes in an area with new peole? It might work, but as i play pvp i know that people there are looking for this part of the game, but i cannot say if PvE players are or arnt.

i play on deli myself living in the area where there are the most mobs(east coast as west is just dead) but id say it would still be a nice thing though sure newbies would have a bit of a harder time if they encounter a pack of wolfs but a quick shout to kingdom chat and within 10-15 minutes someone or a few people are there to help them which would lead to them liking the community more

main reason i brought it up again was a series of questions from new players if they had to be careful of packs of animals and where disappointed when they heard there werent any and ya sure some wont like it but i know a lot will hence why id say tweaked settings for tougher animals for pve

so say less often trolls more often passive something like that i guess its just me but id love to see a small army of trolls standing on rainbow bridge >.> (yes reference there :P)

I remember back on GV when Wolf packs use to spawn in...we would get like 7 to 8 Wolfs spawn very close to each other and that number was WAY to hard for none-prem players with 20 FS max to take out.

It was GREAT cus players would band together to make hunting parties and go out to kill the pack.....i have never seen that happen here on Inde or any other server whish is a shame.

Hunting parties with you friends and other players was a VERY COOL thing.

Man i miss those. :(

+1 tho this idea BUT yes...should be toned down a bit for PVE as there are some here that don't like fighitng and other that don't have the skills to take out such numbers.

Frankly, I think getting animals, especially the intelligent ones to act more non-randomly is a decent idea.  If people have issues they could put out a call for help, just like I do when I spot serpents in my shipping ranges.  I list the serpent and location and when I go through the next time in a day or two they are always dead and gone.

Back in the day we used to take hunting parties to kill spiders, back before they were nerfed to being annoyances in 2006/7  We'd take a team of 6.  Me in plate to attract the dang thing and the other 5 to kill.  Actually, thinking about it, this was back at newtown within the first couple of weeks for a while there the entire server population of JKH was literally trapped in newtown, whereas I and my friends lived north across the lake.

+1, this would make more community events for pve(save the newbie, save the town, save that hermit who can't step out of their house because a pack of wolves have set up shop), as well as cause amusing issues in pvp raids(get that guy in chain! chain! retreat there's fifty trolls on me!), I imagine.

Packs make sense and I would be more then willing to have this since I am a huge fan of the hunt and woulden't mind spendin weeks away from home and tracking large heards of animals well camping all across any server I go to but the army part of this topic I must say no lava fiends and trolls and such are hard enough with just one but packs and heards especially if they interact like real animals I like. Animal like wolves hunting deer and other cretures oh yeah of course for it to be even better the devs should raise the animal spawn. caps