Sign in to follow this  
Fireflyb

Option to Float Local Tab Player List

We can Rclick "Float" the Friends tab, causing the Friends list to pop outside of the Event/Friends/Combat etc. chat tab; would be awesome to be able to float the Local tab player list so that you don't have to resize the entire chat window in order to extend the local list.

Edited by Fireflyb
  • Like 11

+1 for sure, not for the local chat tab I don't believe that's possible with all chats using that same input box but just to be able to float the player list would be amazing

+1 for sure, not for the local chat tab I don't believe that's possible with all chats using that same input box but just to be able to float the player list would be amazing

yup, the player list, edited OP to clarify

Wow... im surprised this hasnt been suggested before, Nonetheless, 1+ Great idea.

+1 How about "Float" all the tabs....some people would like to see "Events" - "Skills" - "Combat" in seperate windows instead of tabbing over or clicking tab when needing to check something.

• Like 4

+1 How about "Float" all the tabs....some people would like to see "Events" - "Skills" - "Combat" in seperate windows instead of tabbing over or clicking tab when needing to check something.

For what it's worth I was told this wouldn't be easy because the 'edit box' you use to type in is shared between all chat windows.

But yea, I'd like all windows to be float-able, not just chat ones.

For what it's worth I was told this wouldn't be easy because the 'edit box' you use to type in is shared between all chat windows.

But yea, I'd like all windows to be float-able, not just chat ones.

I'm more talking about the list of players, not the actual local chat tab (I didn't make that clear in title); would that be possible to do with the existing mechanic found in the Friends floating function?

You can move the local player list to the events tab if that's any help?

Settings > Game > Move local player list to event tab.

You can move the local player list to the events tab if that's any help?

Settings > Game > Move local player list to event tab.

That's not a good idea on PvP servers, though, because it means you have to choose between looking at local list or looking at chat tabs. My point is that being able to float the local tab list of players would be a simple, already existing mechanic that doesn't really affect anything else (assuming it won't cause rice to become sentient or something.)

Edit: Er I confused what you said, this is for the local tab regardless of where it is; most people who need to watch local list keep the local tab on the Event (non-default) window.

Edited by Fireflyb
  • Like 2

Fantastic Suggestion

Also, totally didn't recognize the new avatar at first, kudos.

• Like 1

Indeed floating any tab would be quite convenient. Not game-changing nice, but still a convenience.

How about making all tabs able to float.....I mean really just be done with it.

• Like 1