Sign in to follow this  
MaurizioAM

Remove the ability to pick up corpses while in combat.

I'm not sure if the title is the best solution but something should be looked at and changed. The issue is those who use a rez stone and those that have the free rez stone. Within 3 seconds of my death my body was picked up by the enemy using a rez stone, he dies in 4 seconds of my death, he was able to pick up my corpse and as he died 1 second later his rez stone worked and poof quickly how stuff disappears.

The moral of the story is, there is no issue with the rez stone working on his gear, but the ability for him to be able to pick up a corpse mid fight while his death only 4 seconds away and get to keep it is just bad mechanics. He came into enemy lands and even though he died he walked away with more then the actual victors.

It would be nice to get some actual feed back from the devs about this, and some good ideas from the population as to how this can be fixed. And please do not look at it in a 1 view only point of view.

• Like 4

that does sound counter intuitive that the defeated ends up with more loot than the victor in battle.  wonder how that can befixed without having farther reaching consequences than intended.  often a fix in one area..creates an unforseen hardship in another

Well, if you think about everything else that you try to do you have to wait till you are out of combat. I have noticed that you can repair while targeting someone not in fighting range, don't know if you can in combat. But most of anything else you try to do while fighting you have to wait till you are done. I guess "take" is not really an action, but I do see what you are trying to say.

Maybe make it that you can not pick up a corpse untill there are no enemies in local, it will make it that you have to finish the fight till the end if you want to see if you have loot. Because in a real life situation are you really going to be able to grab while fighting. And if you do decide to run away from the fight you still can't get the loot untill no enemies are in local, so that will also make it that if you want it you either have to wait and hope they leave or kill them. None of this, oh more people let get the loot and run, you either run with nothing or fight.

I do not think nor want the change to be that drastic. Truth is you should be able to pick up a body in mid combat this way hit and run tactics can still somewhat be used, but the purpose of a rez stone is to have a chance to recover your body and inventory , that should not include someone else's corpse in your inventory.

My possible solution is that if you die with a corpse on you, that you will only revive with only what you had in your inventory. This will make players have to actually take full possession of a corpse long enough to transfer the goods from the corpse to the inventory.

My only gripe is that quickly running into a battle picking up a corpse and dieing a few seconds later gives You a great chance to get away With loot that is not deserved.

Seems Wild Chaos has got easy and anything anyone isn't happy with immediately asks for a change. ^_^

Seems Wild Chaos has got easy and anything anyone isn't happy with immediately asks for a change. ^_^

So you don't see any mechanic issues with being able to grab a corpse within seconds of dying and respawning with loot which was not deserved?

My possible solution is that if you die with a corpse on you, that you will only revive with only what you had in your inventory. This will make players have to actually take full possession of a corpse long enough to transfer the goods from the corpse to the inventory.

Problem with that is it doesn't take much time to move all the stuff from the corpse to your inventory. I'd say no to being able to move stuff from a corpse to your main inventory while engaged in a fight. So you actually had to carry the corpse away from the fight to loot it. Or Epic loot rules.

it's not fair that even though we won the fight, Maurizio lost his gear. Makes me wonder why I'm wasting time playing wurm.

[14:49:32] Chiry gets a corpse of Maurizio.

[14:49:32] Chiry is dead. R.I.P.

Get good son, how many of you vs 1 person? You should learn when to back off if you had that many in your group.

I don't see any mechanic issues with corpse grabbing, 3 seconds to grab a corpse = you too slow ^_^

By all means change the coding to reflect the Epic servers, but don't start trying to change mechanics regarding corpse in inventory.

Get good son, how many of you vs 1 person? You should learn when to back off if you had that many in your group.

I don't see any mechanic issues with corpse grabbing, 3 seconds to grab a corpse = you too slow ^_^

By all means change the coding to reflect the Epic servers, but don't start trying to change mechanics regarding corpse in inventory.

You dont seem to be getting the point.. The point is not that he picked up the corpse, that is fine that he did, but no one should be able to walk into a battle loot a corpse die the same second they loot the corpse and revive with extra loot on them. That is game breaking in itself. Fact that you cannot see that must shows your biased opinion is simply just that Biased.

Now if you were to actually step outside of your one sided mind and see that its clearly an issue, its not about making it like epic, its not about removing the ability to loot the corpse, its simply about having full control of the corpse before having the ability to die with it and have a chance to keep all its contents. Removing all the items from the corpse for example is an idea, and rather then your GET GOOD comments maybe if you tried to apply yourslef you could have a good idea.

Not to be too specific but,

[01:49:34] Maurizio slain by Chiry
[01:49:37] Chiry slain by Lothak Contego Maurizio Meatbeater Ipman

3 seconds is enough time for someone to pick up and empty a corpse. So this argument really comes across as a whine fest becasue you lost out.

Personally if you try and focus more on the PvP rather than dropped corpses/horse gear you'd enjoy it. Res stones are pure luck, lets be honest if his res stone did not work, this post would not exist right now.

I'd be quite happy to see the Epic loot code brought over, even though that probably wouldnt help myself or kingdom very much ^_^

3 seconds is enough time for someone to pick up and empty a corpse. So this argument really comes across as a whine fest becasue you lost out.

Personally if you try and focus more on the PvP rather than dropped corpses/horse gear you'd enjoy it. Res stones are pure luck, lets be honest if his res stone did not work, this post would not exist right now.

I'd be quite happy to see the Epic loot code brought over, even though that probably wouldnt help myself or kingdom very much ^_^

It doenst matter when i died, he picked up the corpse as he was dying. Some of you guys have some really thick heads and cant seem to see past your own feet.

If you want to make the argument that 3 seconds is enough time to pick up the corpse and loot it then thank you for proving that the current mechanics should use some tweaking. Because according to you it would not have made a difference, which it would have... If he was able to pick up the body and loot it sure no problem. But fact is within a second of picking up the corpse and death, he was able to come into a fight and walk away with loot when he actually lost. The rez stone was meant to create the chance to not lose your own gear and belongings making players want to test fighting a bit more. But seeing as how it works its clearly not balanced. Say what you want as you will anyway but any moron can tell the differnece between balance and imbalance.

If i was whining like you seem to think I am, i would be crying to change it to Epic rules or crying to remove rez stones. I am actually doing quite the opposite, im not whining as much as im trying to get to the root of the problem something that many of players such as yourself lack understanding of. Its nice to have the ability to keep your stuff, and its nice to be able to get away with loot, but there are many balances that can be put into place that would keep the ability without making exploiting it or showing how broken the mechanic really is.

And about making the post if he would have dropped his armor, if anyone not only myself but anyone including yourself were to post up a same second corpse loot and death I would still have the same outlook. I unlike most can put myself in both shoes to see how broken something is.

I've just committed myself to a battlepaw type responce, spending (sadly) over an hour responding to several quotes and specific points, only to think to myself why.

I just moved onto the last of your post and I really can't be dealing with someone so combustive and rude such as yourself.  Think heads, any moron, lack of understanding.

There is no lack of understanding your point, points I had raised before I deleted my responce actually agreed to some extent to what you were saying, bonded with your idea

Good possible solution, makes sence is some respects. If you get to grab a corpse, some mystic strands should keep the items from being teleported away with another (in this case dying) until they have been removed from the corspe.

But at the same time reward over risk.

Looking at it from the other side, if he decides to insanity teleport around, he risks himself getting into these situations, reward over risk, he came out better off (In terms of loot) (He lost a champ life) Good for him. Would you not want the same?

Looking at the view point and the allowing of someone altering their facts and 'timings' to suit their argument, i know of players including myself that can empty a corpse in a second. No lag, quick action and a lucky misclick not jumping into the equation, it could still be done if you implemented the change to corpse looting.

In a much briefer conclusion, I would support having the epic code or the emptying of a corpse before the items will teleport back with a corpse.

Then again, I would support no action at all and keeping it how it is. Shrugs.

Unfortunately you-gotta-be-quick! has always played a role in Wurm pvp.

Personally it would be nice if looting or picking up corpses was delayed till after fighting or on some kind of cooldown.

Perhaps even have one's weight (+ 50kg corpse + weight of corpse inventory) play more of a role in fighting.

I dont pvp, but my 2cents is that you shouldn't be able to pick up corpses until combat has ended (no longer being targeted)....but then again I don't pvp

Unfortunately you-gotta-be-quick! has always played a role in Wurm pvp.

Personally it would be nice if looting or picking up corpses was delayed till after fighting or on some kind of cooldown.

Perhaps even have one's weight (+ 50kg corpse + weight of corpse inventory) play more of a role in fighting.

IRL there is nothing stopping someone from dragging a allies body to safety, which is kinda like picking up a corpse. I would think not allowing that with a cool down like epic is a bit much, rather then that looting a corpse at least needs slightly a bit more time to do.

Lulu, see it took me to be rude for you to actually come up with some points. Rather if you read what you were writing before you along with some others were basically just writing GET GOOD and you need to be 5 secs faster then. Comments like that aren't going to help anything.

My points have nothing to do with me myself dying and losing stuff, I shrug off what I lost but to prevent rez stones from being exploited there can be something done about it.

Slight changes vs a big overhaul in my opinion would be much better.

Im guessing epic only has it where you can't loot corpse with enemys up to 20 tiles away?

+1

Feel like you guys should be more angry this wasn't added ages ago...

IRL there is nothing stopping someone from dragging a allies body to safety, which is kinda like picking up a corpse. I would think not allowing that with a cool down like epic is a bit much, rather then that looting a corpse at least needs slightly a bit more time to do.

Lulu, see it took me to be rude for you to actually come up with some points. Rather if you read what you were writing before you along with some others were basically just writing GET GOOD and you need to be 5 secs faster then. Comments like that aren't going to help anything.

My points have nothing to do with me myself dying and losing stuff, I shrug off what I lost but to prevent rez stones from being exploited there can be something done about it.

Slight changes vs a big overhaul in my opinion would be much better.

Incorrect, there is no need to be rude in the first place.

Isn't that kinda a gamble? The person isn't guaranteed loot. Even if it's a resurrection stone tactic, its not 100%, plus there is not always a clear chance that you kill and pickup the corpse 1st, the enemy can do it as well. I would say -1 to OP,  if you had got a drake set this way, you would not be posting a suggestion like this in the forums. And yes, there are players who have lost drake/scale from this tactic and still don't complain caus heh, it happens rarely.

(how can someone with 4 people die to 1 guy? If that guy can kill such a person, then I think his tactic worked and he got your loot, probably thats why he came with a res stone and you lost your gear to him.)

• Like 1