Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Sleeping bonus after unplanned downtime...

This topic has come up many times because several people do not get any benefit from the 5 hours sleep bonus. Its a very nice thought and im appreciative that Wurm team does it.

What im suggesting though as to do like you have done before and say "on the next regular server restart we are giving 5 hours sleep bonus". It would be much more thoughtful. 

For example "Sorry for the extended downtime. We will be giving 5 hours of sleep bonus at our next regular restart. Thank you for playing Wurm Online."

Just think it would be beneficial and appreciated by all instead of the people who just happened to burn through all thier sleep bonus.

Thank you.

. i dont understand why you people have such a narcissistic attitude. Try to think of what would be appreciated by everyone. Isnt that the whole point of this compensation.

I can agree dont give any or give it in a way which all receive the same compensation.

Edited by Killroth

How about no. Sleep bonus after a longer downtime is just a bounty from Rolf. He hasn't to hand this bounty out at all.

Aetherwaker who said we are not thankful for the bonus I love it and am thankful for the gift.  I just think it needs to be something at is given the same to one and all.  As it is now it would be like sorry the server was down so long we are giving silver out to all to for the down time.  Then you learn you got no silver and others got 5 silver.  When you ask why its because you had saved some silver in your bank so you didn't need it.  why should you get none and others get it.  Yes its nice it was given but shouldn't it be given fairly to all.  

it happens, it hasnt changed, it works, sometimes in your favour, sometimes not so much, if you had 5 hours already clearly you werent doing anything with it anyways

• Like 4

Im so tired of those topics that i'm just going to say "remove any sleepbonus given after unexpected downtime".

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 2

Yes the point is fairly none would be more fair then the way it is now.  Personaly I don't care if I get it or not as I seldom use my sleep bonus anyway.  But I do understand what fair is and the compensation is not fair and I am shocked at how many refuse to even accept that the current system is not fair.

Edited by Trepper

how can a freebie be unfair? 

"people line up to watch a baseball game"

people line up in 2 lines

line one gets a free 6 pack

line two gets nothing. 

How do you think the people in line two without the free beer would feel?

-

-

Cheated

Edited by Killroth

What how can a freebie be unfair really?  Three people get booted off a flight because the company failed and over booked the flight.  The two customers in front of you get a free meal and hotel stay while they wait the next flight, but you only get a pillow and a soda to enjoy as you wait in the terminal til the next day.  your saying that you would be totaly happy with that as you got a free soda and use of a pillow,  after all you got a freebie.

That being said I am done I will not bother any of you more with this.  As its not a big deal to me I was simply pointing out its not right that some get more then others for the same issue  You all have a good day and enjoy your self interest lives.

Tbh all this thread is about is you guys getting upset that someone else got more than you did, please stop being greedy for 5 seconds and realise, sleep bonus from Rolf is a GIFT, treat it as such

• Like 1

First, sleep bonus is a precious resource, so it should be treated with great care.

I appreciate the sleep bonus given during downtimes, and I will be also ok if no additional sleep bonus is given at all. BUT if you give additional sleep bonus, that should be the same amount for everyone, both if you have SB bar full or empty.

it happens, it hasnt changed, it works, sometimes in your favour, sometimes not so much, if you had 5 hours already clearly you werent doing anything with it anyways

Having 5 hours of sleep bonus doens not necessarly means that you werent doing anything with it. For example I use it this way: I let it refill than grind for 5 hours, than again refill and so on. It happens that they give the sleep bonus when I almost refilled it, so no great gain :/ 

It's like you giving 1 month premium, someone gets the full month and someone just a few days or nothing... that's not fair at all. 1 month for all or nothing for all should be the way to go.

My privileged face

Like Cmon now and cop on people.

Edited by Postinglels