Sign in to follow this  
Trepper

Sleep Bonus Reward Equality AGAIN

Id rather see them do away with the generous gift of sleep bonus just so these threads will stop :angry:

+1

1- this happened during my RL sleep, so it did not affect me / my playtime

2- this is a GAME, we deal with many other daily bugs, and I'm sure other games are not always working to 100% either the way they should

3- stop complaining and enjoy playing

Why not just have a downtime_compensation_increased_skillgain_pool. and give however many hours of increased skill gain depending on how long the server was down. then it just gets used up consecutively with sleep bonus.

but -> (work priority level 0.003)

Threads like this will keep showing up, and it ends up showing the bad side of the wurm community, the way people talk to each other.

Mhm... either separate it from "normal" sleep bonus and just chuck an hour per downtime compensation (or a sleep powder but I can hear the shrieks about that market already)..... 

Or sod the whole thing.

Bunch of toxic people here as usual... "I got mine, to hell with you if you got a job and were planning for the weekend!" 

Don't expect sympathy when you got a complaint of your own, I may join the bandwagon and go in to antagonize for the sake of it.

**sigh** one day one of these posts is going to be the end of the sleep bonus bonus, I just hope this is not the one :(

on balance sometimes you will get it sometimes you won't, it's not a free for all.

**sigh** one day one of these posts is going to be the end of the sleep bonus bonus, I just hope this is not the one :(

on balance sometimes you will get it sometimes you won't, it's not a free for all.

Except that its not balanced. The people who grind everyday and have plenty of free time get rewarded everytime wheras those who grind on weekends and save thier sleep bonus during week would miss out everytime. its not like its a RNG compensation. 

Except that its not balanced. The people who grind everyday and have plenty of free time get rewarded everytime wheras those who grind on weekends and save thier sleep bonus during week would miss out everytime. its not like its a RNG compensation. 

1. you are all ready 5 days a week behind everyday grinders. (after 4 weeks you would be 20 days behind skill grind wise)

2 You not really behind because the on line time you have played is not the same as RL time that has past.

3. If you only grind on weekends you don't need the sleep bonus from downtime because you will get a full bar during the 5 days your off line and if down time was in the 5 days you don't play then you don't really need compensation, to be fair.

4. 7 day grinder will be buying sleep powder and referrals to maintain there skill grind curve at peek, this means they invest more time and money into the game and therefore suffer more from any down time, unless it happens on the 2 days a weekend grinder plays.

It would be nice to see something like premium time added for unannounced downtime, but no more premium than down time was experienced, this would need to be calculated and added to every players game time in the database.

For that reason the current system is adequate and really should be way down the list of things for the dev's to focus on in my opinion.

• Like 2

maybe people should be able to exchange 5 hours sb for a sleep powder? prem only of course.

Edited by Uberknot

lets be honest, the only way to make it really fair its to read peoples minds to know who wanted to play at the time the server was down and was affected by it,since that cant be done they give it to everybody,so just giving it to everybody in a way that ensures they can all get it doesnt really make it fair.

since making it fair its impossible until they come up with a mind reading device,i think the best solution its to just not give  extra sb for anything but buying premium on the store.

you know go a few years back and you never had these posts someone would say in chat "oh damit i had just saved up a few hours of sb" but that be the end of it how much would i have to pay for someone to get rid of all these people who feel they are being treated unfairly when they are given a gift?

It would be nice to see something like premium time added for unannounced downtime, but no more premium than down time was experienced, this would need to be calculated and added to every players game time in the database.

Rolf has given out premium time in the past when there was a substantial amount of downtime.

You also don't lose any premium time when the server is down, it only is consumed when the server is up.

They should forum-ban from now on people that ask for changes in the sleep bonus system, you got your bags of powder, that goes against Rolf's vision of the game, to have no purchasable skill boosters in the shop. now shoo go away!

lets be honest, the only way to make it really fair its to read peoples minds to know who wanted to play at the time the server was down and was affected by it,since that cant be done they give it to everybody,so just giving it to everybody in a way that ensures they can all get it doesnt really make it fair.

since making it fair its impossible until they come up with a mind reading device,i think the best solution its to just not give  extra sb for anything but buying premium on the store.

Sry to pick on you here man but... the login server already records who was on line before the downtime, if you were not on line then you have not been inconvenienced and require no compensation.

In my opinion  :P

But what if I wanted to log in right in the minute after teh server crashed?

But what if I wanted to log in right in the minute after teh server crashed?

What if you wanted to turn your computer on but the power was out?

These type posts will never end as long as someone saves up some sb for grinding during the week and then a 5 hours is passed out.

There are people who save sb while playing during the week so they can use it up on a skill when they have time btw.

So you can fully expect more of these posts and more players feeling jilted.

Rolf should just stop rewarding sleep bonus to people who make threads like this. I think most of us can get behind that.

• Like 1

It isn't a gift when it is given out when the servers have gone down, it is compensation. As such, it really wouldn't be difficult to allow sleep bonus compensation to be piled on top of your current 5hr, putting you up to a max of 10hr. 

But really, if you're so offended by the prospect of someone being equally compensated as you were, simply because you used up your sleep bonus the day before, please, continue deluding yourselves by calling it a gift. A gift is something given out because you want to be nice, without trying to make up for something the person missed out on. If the purpose of the gift is to reconcile, say, missed gametime, that is the very definition of compensation. "We're sorry your cable tv wasn't available last week, so here's a month of HBO". That's compensation, not a gift. 

Do I really care a whole lot either way about the sleep bonus?

No.

The only thing that bothers me here is people saying that it is a gift, when it so obviously isn't.

Edited by Arronicus

make it so you only get the downtime compensation if you try to login when the server is down.. that would work as long as the login server is up to record your effort

so with the extended downtime and problems if sleep bonus is given will it be handled the same way?

Completely Agree the SB is BS. Why should I get penalized for saving up when I have to suffer the same as all. End of rant cause I don't really care

After seeing who knows how many of these posts I have to ask why is there a cap on SB anyway?

If I was boss ....

1. Sleep bonus cap would be removed for premium. 5 hour cap stays for F2P.

2. The gift/compensation/reward/whatever-you-want-to-call-it give to players after a unplaned down time would be reduced. Not exactly sure if it would be 1, 2 or 3 hours.

Its is a mathematical indisputable fact that this would not change how fast you can get SB. Nor would it add something that isn't already possible to achieve. All it would do is make it fair for everyone, always.

Edited by joedobo

I had over 3 hours sleep bonus saved up when we got a fresh 5 hours reimbursement for the servers being down all night. I was waiting for the servers to come back up just like everyone online at that time. 

Its a real shame that just because you don't spend every bit of your sleep bonus you don't get the same value of reimbursement that other people that had the same down time that  used all the sleep bonus they had.

Its a bit like real life, savers get the shaft.

Please can you make it so that if you are giving out a reimbursement for whatever reason, please give the extra hours SB on top of whatever the person had, even if it goes over the cap temporarily. Only for PREMIUM accounts obviously.

This way it means people do not feel like they have just wasted many hours saving for a particular time to use their SB. Its also then fair to everyone that has paid for a subscription during that time.

Thank you.

or you know, you could play the game, use up your sleep bonus, and then not complain when you get something that you probably shouldn't be getting in the first place...