Sign in to follow this  
Lulu

Yellowfinger casts Rite of Spring.

One person does something considered bad for the community then the community wants pitchforks and a deed to ruin, what a ###### community.

C'mon, old man. You've been around long enough to know that's how the world spins.

Do some crappy things in your neck of the woods and next week half of the neighborhood hates you. Better yet, put it in comparison of your career: Do some half-assed, ripoff work at a site or multiple sites, soon enough you're gonna have "haters" calling the code enforcer, EPA, cops, BBB, and anyone else they possibly can to try and take your operation down, with the primary goal of "ruining" your life.... because, well, they feel you're "ruining" others'.

It's not just the community, humans are some vengeful bastards.

Edited by As_I_Decay

On pristine we have resorted to announcing the cast as late as possibe so its hard to ninja

One person does something considered bad for the community then the community wants pitchforks and a deed to ruin, what a ###### community.

its a sandbox game what you expect not everyone plays for the community some people like yellowfinger have the ability to do something thus they do it when it pleases them nothing wrong with that really

Just remove RoS and replace it with something else......problem solved.

why remove it? why alter the game due to the actions of 1 person? if we did that with everyone wurm would revert back to having no enchants as people wont like faster tools >.>

theres no sense in altering the game due to 1 person instead time an event and stick to the timing dont constantly change it to a later date resulting in things like others doing the event before hand :)

Habitual offender 2-3 month ban should help.

No rule was broken. Or are you sincerely requesting that players be banned for using game mechanics as they are intended to be used, even if that miffs some other players?

The problem isn't a rule or lack of a rule, to force people to accomodate one group or another, the problem is that there is no way for those who could not be on at the very moment to benefit. As has been mentioned a few times now, an option for followers to recieve the blessing up to a few hours later at that god's altar, or a priest of that god to repeat the blessing to those who have not received it, within a small area of the priest and altar would both remedy the situation.

Alternatively, one might suggest, if it is such a big deal, to simply plan for your group to cast the blessing as soon as it refreshes, taking away the legitimate ability of others to cast it. 

I've played long enough to remember the Hoarding issues when Indy had a stupid low creature count, endless years of Elwood when there was only one PVE server, god knows how much drama over deeding over tar or clay, I'm well aware of how small a spark it takes to light the fire of the community.

Two things will happen if it continues given the past how problems get solved here, a) we'll need some ungodly amount of favor to cast it, or b ) a GM will have to link to make the cast.

Why we have never been able to have nice things.

PS. I'm old Asidecay, not Becket old yet tho.

Edited by Kadore
  • Like 1

I've played long enough to remember the Hoarding issues when Indy had a stupid low creature count, endless years of Elwood when there was only one PVE server, god knows how much drama over deeding over tar or clay, I'm well aware of how small a spark it takes to light the fire of the community.

Two things will happen if it continues given the past how problems get solved here, a) we'll need some ungodly amount of favor to cast it, or b ) a GM will have to link to make the cast.

Why we have never been able to have nice things.

PS. I'm old Asidecay, not Becket old yet tho.

C) A delayed result. When Rite of Spring is cast, it gives out a global warning that it will take effect in exactly 24 hours after being cast. This will allow people to prepare to their hearts content.

• Like 7

I knew it was going to be ready soon when I saw Orthobrithol(the in game name not forum name) talking in kchat.  Guess that should tell folks when to stay logged into game.  Until someone figures out who he is aligned with and working with and living with nothing will be done.  I have a few guesses but no evidence like a few others.  

I don't really have a problem with this. It's no different to me than when someone schedules a cast when I'm working and can't log in, I miss just as many either way.

• Like 2

For the record:

Xanadu 2015-02-17 21:51 Yellowfinger casts Rite of Spring. Followers of Vynora receive her blessings!

Celebration 2015-01-29 19:50 Yellowfinger casts Rite of Spring. Followers of Vynora receive her blessings!

Exodus 2014-11-05 02:01 Yellowfinger casts Rite of Spring. Followers of Vynora receive her blessings!

Xanadu 2014-10-17 20:49 Yellowfinger casts Rite of Spring. Followers of Vynora receive her blessings!

(and no i'm not actively back to play, someone asked me to check on TMW)

• Like 1

I don't really have a problem with this. It's no different to me than when someone schedules a cast when I'm working and can't log in, I miss just as many either way.

There's quite a difference in having some kind of notice about it (and maybe a chance at scheduling your time around it) and it being a complete surprise.

What he's doing isn't against the rules at all, but it is utmost douchebaggery. You don't have a problem with people being douchebags/getting troll boners?  It's not like this is a case of him not being "available" for the scheduled cast. This is a case of him hijacking every available cast for his own personal gain and to taste the tears of others.  

Most people with a general sense of compassion abhor this kind of behavior. I don't see how you can compare it to a pre-scheduled event that you missed because you couldn't/wouldn't schedule your self around it.

• Like 2

Change it and make it do something no one will complain over like the other gods spells. The only reason anyone is saying anything at all is because they think they deserve the 5 hours SB the spell gives by switching to Vynora. I also think if you have not been a follower for at least 30 days you should not get the 5 hours.  If you can't cast it you deserve nothing and are simply lucky to be online at the time of the casting.

• Like 1

Most people with a general sense of compassion abhor this kind of behavior. I don't see how you can compare it to a pre-scheduled event that you missed because you couldn't/wouldn't schedule your self around it.

You do realize that for certain timezones, it's rarely easy to be there for the scheduled "community" ros which always favor east-coast and european timezone? I guess there is no compassion for the people outside the "community" timezone because they aren't apparently part of the "community". It's pretty sad that now that some people feel how it is to be excluded from the ros, their only reaction is for a lynch mob instead of asking rolf to fix the whole thing to make it more equitable for the whole server playerbase. I will profit from Ritual of the Sun, no matter if i am present online or not, same with the Fo global, why not change the Vynora's one not to exclude so many people?

• Like 5

Edited by Oldwolf

There are simply too many selfish people in this game.

I shake my head at Wurm's community.

• Like 1

Just give the sb to followers even if your offline and remove sb cap. Problem solved.

There's quite a difference in having some kind of notice about it (and maybe a chance at scheduling your time around it) and it being a complete surprise.

What he's doing isn't against the rules at all, but it is utmost douchebaggery. You don't have a problem with people being douchebags/getting troll boners?  It's not like this is a case of him not being "available" for the scheduled cast. This is a case of him hijacking every available cast for his own personal gain and to taste the tears of others.  

By your own words:

As_I_Decay

Villager

• photo-thumb-618.png?_r=1373936331
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 3,183 posts
  • LocationMaine, US

Posted Today, 05:47 AM

I've never scouted out a site, waiting to see tokens/walls drop. Never lifted things out of someone's boat or cart (that I didn't have permission to). Never have stolen their vehicle (and that includes livestock). I don't pay attention to other's deed settings, and half the time I don't even bother killing the aggros on a deeded road because I assume that the settings won't allow me to pick up my butchered goods. 

Now... for the "juicy" stuff:

I have enclosed traders left over from fallen deeds. I salvage heavily damaged items from places that are abandoned, including precious bsbs and the materials found within (if they're of "worthy" quality). I have bashed into the fortifications of abandoned sites to dispose of the ungodly amount of creatures found to be penned (and abandoned) inside.  

Basically, I am very respectful of your property... until there is clear evidence that you are gone and your items are on the verge of poofing from decay. Then, they become mine.

On the morality of it, I think Shiraek summed it up nicely. We are playing a game... and that's why I have no qualms about salvaging an abandoned site. My morality loosens up a bit because it is a game. I don't go out graverobbing in real life or anything.  :P

Edited by As_I_Decay, Today, 05:56 AM.

[21:45:05] Alyeska starts repairing a "Dirty Litterbox".

Indeed, it is only a game. I don't see where anyone has suffered any financial burden with this. Simply someone playing the system like so many others do. (bold and red provided by me)

Edited by Clatius

Caught this one by chance :D

It would be nice though if he would give a small notice though, global chat or something an hour ahead. <_<

IT is quite sad.  It doesn't hurt me at all, because I rotate alts for skilling, when I even bother to skill, so I've always got tons of SB to use up.  But for anyone that is getting the shaft from yellowfinger, may his shaft rot in hell.  He is a complete a$$.

I don't know why something like this would not be considered griefing.

If you really don't get the difference, you are not worth the time for an explaination.

I said "I" didn't have a problem with it and "to me" there was no difference. I'm fairly positive that I'm allowed to have my own opinion on the subject, awesome attitude though.

To ME it's the same as any other activity in the game that someone does that some may not agree with. The blame here is on the devs for creating the situation in the first place when there is plenty of valid solutions in this thread alone.

There is no difference to me because either way I miss the cast and gain nothing. I don't feel trolled in either situation, I just missed out on a small bonus and maybe I'll catch the next one.

• Like 1