Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 5

Finally!!!

My precious is returning!

Love the Challenge changes. Simply can't wait!!!!!

• Like 1

Actually many dress good and look good just for themselves and for selfies

OMG Wurm Selfies!!! Do EEEET!

• Like 1

Yeah, they will become available again with the next launch with any currency that was available on them as well.

That is not exactly what everyone was expecting. So any money spent/earned is stuck on challenge? Not a good way to get people to come back for the next one. That was the one saving grace after Rolf's massive mistakes on tallying points and awarding inactive people.

If one counts the delays the game will start at February 12-13. February 14 is Valentine's Day. You really want to divorce people don't you ...

Honey, for Valentine's Day this year I am giving you the gift of leaving you alone for a month. You go do what you want, here is the credit card, I will be in my computer room. Kisses.

• Like 4

That is not exactly what everyone was expecting. So any money spent/earned is stuck on challenge? Not a good way to get people to come back for the next one. That was the one saving grace after Rolf's massive mistakes on tallying points and awarding inactive people.

Its only stuck in there for another challenge or two. & Its good that we have money stuck on challenge, since dropping a forward deed near hota will be needed asap. 

forage.jpgets

Finally a use for papyrus sheets.

Uncultured swine. Papyrus would be TERRIBLE for wiping with. Now two, maybe three seashells on the other hand...

• Like 1

I hope you guys are working on a seriously improved game client that your not telling us about.  Because these weekly posts have become nothing more than a reflection of the players wish list. 

I hope you guys are working on a seriously improved game client that your not telling us about.  Because these weekly posts have become nothing more than a reflection of the players wish list. 

uhm....they DID mention it a few times :P

Heh, just noticed that on the wurm forum, player who's list, i just noticed they renamed challenge's server to Dominance. Looked at the news post, Very subtle change, Wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't for the server list.

I've played many different Theme Park MMOs in the past, most of which have had advanced PvP capabilities. However, I've always been way more interested in the PvE aspects of a game. The problem was that all of those previous MMOs got boring really fast after reaching max level, getting geared, min-maxing, and then repeating the same content over and over again in different modes of difficulty. I am at the point with MMOs where I have zero interest in returning to "The Theme Park". This brings me to the concept of a Sandbox MMO and Wurm Online is a great example of it having been done right.

With this game you can set your own goals, do what you want when you want, work hard at it and feel rewarded in the end for having achieved your own goals. The best part is that even after you achieve those goals, you can set new goals, change things around and put new plans in place to breathe your own fun into the game. The game itself, is essentially a toolbox for you to make your own fun virtually endless. Add other settlements/villages/alliances into the picture and now you have a series of tightly-knit communities which makes the social aspect of the game very appealing too. On top of all that and a lot of other stuff I'm not mentioning here, CA Help is always there to provide assistance to any player's questions no matter how noob or experienced and with professionalism. People also have proper etiquette in this game which is amazing to see for a change.

I have heard of people who've had settlements, let them die, alliances die, etc. and left the game. However, the funny thing is that after those same people went back to "The Theme Park", they all came back to Wurm Online. After they came back, they regretted ever leaving in the first place. Now, I know that perhaps this doesn't speak to everyone's experience but it has for various people I've spoken to so far. Even though I've only been in the game for two months, I can tell you that as of right now I'm committed on a permanent basis for as long as this game stays alive. Hopefully, forever because I love it that much.

To get back to the beginning of my post, I think there are those people who are PvP fanatics and those who are PvE fanatics. The developers have to address both crowds and that's understandable. I just hope that now and in the future they continue to focus on both aspects of the game equally. In other words, don't compromise PvE for too much focus on PvP or vice-versa. I hope that users keep submitting ideas and that the developers continue to carefully consider them and incorporate them into the game. Another thing I think this game does right is that it seems to be able to balance PvP aspects of the game separately from the PvE aspects of the game. I mean, how many times have we seen changes to PvP in MMOs drastically affect the PvE experience for the negative? Again, I've only been playing for two months and perhaps I'm naive but so far this is what I'm observing.

Kudos to the developers and who cares if it's slower than other MMOs. We're not here to beat the game at max speed and get bored right away are we? Nope... not here. Take your time and enjoy the game folks! You'll have years of enjoyment out of it I'm sure.

• Like 2

Kudos to the developers and who cares if it's slower than other MMOs. We're not here to beat the game at max speed and get bored right away are we? Nope... not here. Take your time and enjoy the game folks! You'll have years of enjoyment out of it I'm sure.

What a nice post, Neville!  And you are so correct in what you say - especially the above bit - have come across players who have played Wurm for 5 to 8 (!) years and one who has prem paid up til 2019 ! now that is commitment for you.   I am retired btw and Wurm is my new hobby. :)