Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

Suggestions for the Forums

A Dev Tracker. It will keep track of all Dev posts in the forums.

First Unread link. Use at the top of a thread, it will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

+/-1 Like Buttons. The result would display like 5/7 (-2). At a glance it gives an overall indication of subject trending. A lot more forums need this one. It is easy to count likes. It's not as easy to count dislikes.

-1 to dev tracker, you can always check their profiles and see recent content :) too much pressure on them. I think there should be even less pressure and fun posts coming from them, not just official announcements

We already have First Unread link button.  >> Go to first unread post - next to Reply to this topic.

+1 to dis_i_like button, but dislike isnt rly needed imo.

A Dev Tracker. It will keep track of all Dev posts in the forums.

First Unread link. Use at the top of a thread, it will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

+/-1 Like Buttons. The result would display like 5/7 (-2). At a glance it gives an overall indication of subject trending. A lot more forums need this one. It is easy to count likes. It's not as easy to count dislikes.

Dev tracker - Please give a look at City Hall

First Unread Link - there is a button (blue circle) at left of title before open the post

+/-1 Like - NO, NO, NO.  We had the 5 stars isntead of +/-1 and was removed for a reason...

Dev tracker - Please give a look at City Hall

First Unread Link - there is a button (blue circle) at left of title before open the post

+/-1 Like - NO, NO, NO.  We had the 5 stars isntead of +/-1 and was removed for a reason...

I find City Hall lacking at times. Some folks like to bury nuggets in deep soil. Just sayin.

heh... I never noticed that about first unread. I thought it meant there was a new post like a flag and the * being I had posted in that thread. (EDIT: LOL Wow... I feel dumb now. All the accumulated hours wasted looking for the ones I had not read yet.)

The stars were before my time. If it was tried and didn't work, then bad idea.

Edited by Audrel

Actually the stars on profiles weren't that long ago, just few months back.