Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Unhitch "name" or "all", not just "all"

Sometimes it would be quite nice to just unhitch a single animal, especially on a wagon.  Maybe do a combined patch that includes more unhitch options & fixes the "stop leading when you embark" bug.

• Like 1

Dont think that the unleading is a bug, and when embarked you can unhitch individual mounts, so shouldnt be too hard to include that on foot, provided it's protected by permissions

• Like 1

You already can, but only when embarked as commander. Rclick em and unhitch one by one

• Like 1

ah ha! quite useful info. Thanks guys!

The unleading must be a bug. If not, it means we have lazy programmers.  I mean, my pack doesn't fall off, nor my armor, nor do I drop my weapon, so why am I dropping my lead? Most likely the programmers just did it for the embarking on one you are leading and didn't want to think up a way to just unlead the one you are riding. (did that make sense?)

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and call it a bug.

I would welcome some changes on unhitching too - yep, it is possible to unhitch only one animal by embarking as commander - but on a wagon that is led by four animals you can't reach the two in the front :/

You already can, but only when embarked as commander. Rclick em and unhitch one by one

That works on a cart but unless it was changed the leading pair on a wagon are/were too far away.

• Like 1

That works on a cart but unless it was changed the leading pair on a wagon are/were too far away.

Trick is to use the select bar, click on a leading horse, then turn the wagon left and right while clicking unhitch, needs to be at a certain angle