Sign in to follow this  
Nicrolis

The Official Name and Fame thread.

With the new thread that got posted, I believe we should do a name and thank thread to show off the nice and helpful side of wurm :-)

I'd like to thank Sanrina and Mrcoolman for helping me out with the public tunnel on the east side of bear lake. there were a few others but I forget their names :-/

Next up is Shiraek. VERY helpful in a lot of ways to me. When I was a noobie still grinding up my skills, I had(still do) a fondness for rose bushes. Sadly I had none near me to sprout. Shiraek offered to me around 30-50 sprouts to plant. Later once I started building Skyhold Keep, I was informed that the sand I dug off the mountainside was placed by Shiraek to make a desert D= I asked him if he would like it replaced, and he said he didnt mind. He's always been a friendly person and I have never seen him mean to any one.

Odynn gave me around 18s(i think) in a loan to purchase a black drake set that I got a deal on for under 85s. He also gives me enchants when ever I need them, as long as I keep working on his merchant ads xD

Mrcoolman. He does A LOT for the alliance on Deli and for other players. He makes me almost anything I need in bulk when I need it. He makes Odynn favor on a constant basis to make sure he can keep producing enchants. He has done much more than what I have listed.

I'd like to thank 3 people for the inspiration for this post. BWG for posting in the indi forum thanking the nice people on indi and trying to turn things positive. Greasy for his post in the Shame thread "Personally i'd rather spend time celebrating successes and fun times than concerted efforts to tear another down."  Alyeska for the name of the thread.

If I missed any one let me know o.o

Edit: Please no sarcastic ones. Those are not meant for here.

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 18

Hashirama.  I'd like to thank him for the good items we get off him whenever he dies.  Muggles need to learn not to mess with us.

• Like 1

This should really be called the "official name and fame thread" to stay inline with the theme :D

• Like 2

I'd like to start with Jamesfarmer, who took me under his wing when I wandered past Oakheart lost and confused in my first days of Wurm.  He no longer plays, but he was my first friend and will be remembered always.  Next up of course, is Malicarth for helping me get settled in and answering my many questions.  Archon, another that no longer plays Wurm, drove me out to my corpse numerous times, from work ( :P) until he finally decided to get me a nice set of studded leather from Booskii and I stopped dying so frequently.  Oakheart is gone now, but will hold a place in my heart as my first home in Wurm.

My irl mom, Katrinka helps me keep our alliance going, cooking wondrous meals for us and sending many to the Unique Fights.  She hugs me when I need it and thwaps me in chat when I need that too :P

I want to thank the Pristine players for showing their support of my becoming a CA, and Evening specifically who talked me into putting in the application.  And now of course, Evening is also a CA, to share in the joys and frustrations of fielding the hundreds of questions asked by Pristine, Release and Xanadu.

Finally, I want to thank Rolf and the rest of the team, for giving us the best game I've played in 25 years.  Once a Wurmian, always a Wurmian.

*edit

o.O How could I have forgotten my alliance?? Thank you to each and every one of them for being themselves.  Logging in to be greeted by friends is a wonderful thing. *hugs*

Edited by Lisabet
  • Like 6

I would like to thank Alyeska for " I wanna butchering  the dragon!" I want to thank Metaldragon for failing to get a rare bone on a unique who dropped a red cherry. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 2

I'd like to start with Jamesfarmer, who took me under his wing when I wandered past Oakheart lost and confused in my first days of Wurm. He no longer plays, but he was my first friend and will be remembered always. Next up of course, is Malicarth for helping me get settled in and answering my many questions. Archon, another that no longer plays Wurm, drove me out to my corpse numerous times, from work (:P) until he finally decided to get me a nice set of studded leather from Booskii and I stopped dying so frequently. Oakheart is gone now, but will hold a place in my heart as my first home in Wurm.

My irl mom, Katrinka helps me keep our alliance going, cooking wondrous meals for us and sending many to the Unique Fights. She hugs me when I need it and thwaps me in chat when I need that too :P

I want to thank the Pristine players for showing their support of my becoming a CA, and Evening specifically who talked me into putting in the application. And now of course, Evening is also a CA, to share in the joys and frustrations of fielding the hundreds of questions asked by Pristine, Release and Xanadu.

Finally, I want to thank Rolf and the rest of the team, for giving us the best game I've played in 25 years. Once a Wurmian, always a Wurmian.[ /quote] I want to think lisbet for having the only Thank you post Thats not a troll. And of course naming the lovely me! <3 to the original east coast alliance

• Like 3

I'd like to generally thank to all those who had a contribution in creating Wurm and making it last over years, people I heard of and people I never heard of but who did their job "behind the curtains", people who are still part of the team and people long gone to fulfill other goals they had.

I'd also like to generally thank to all players making Wurm a "home over the internet", a place to enjoy, relax, feel good and wanting to come back as soon as you hit "Quit" (for the day, of course). Luckily, they are the largest part of the community!

I want to name and fame Bigby, the one who took me in his village after I kept wandering off and dying in my first days of Wurm, the one who gave me my first piece of land to build my first (messed up) house, and trusted me enough to give me full access to the village possessions.

I want to name and fame Ghengizcohen, who adopted me as his favorite noob the moment I joined my first village, and still treats me as his favorite noob :P, who patiently kept on answering my silly questions, removed parked-in-oaks boats after I was sailing them, the one who gifted me my first horsey, my precious beautiful TammyDream (still alive and living for as long as the game will allow it) and pretty much helped me with anything someone could ever possible want.

I want to name and fame Celeia, Pristine's famous breeder, who gave me my first 5 traited champion cat (If you ever make it back to Wurm, fluffy fairy, he's fine and doing well in the castle I built for him).

I want to name and fame dear friends, Ami, Grannymitch, Arelia, Lisabet, Hailene, Margus .. and so many more others, who never failed to put a smile on my face and warmth in my heart, or to listen to my rants when I was .. in a bad mood.

I cannot name, fame (shame) and thank to those who are using any pretext to spread around rage, anger, hate, to those who live only to make others lives miserable, to those ruining the joy and excitement of the game only because they can. Although I could name a big bunch of them, I wouldn't do it simply because they don't deserve to be mentioned at all, and even less to be made known.

Happy wurming!

Edited by Evening
  • Like 7

Awesome thread! I bet this one will be more popular.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Arboreos, Concordia and Ophiuchus of the Tree of Life Alliance for taking me under their wing and showing me the mighty Wurm as well as the wise ways of Fo!

Also thank you to MamaDarkness who has been more than willing to help me and my alliance mates out. As well as Forestmonk who has been more than generous to ToL. 

I'd also like to acknowledge other players I've encountered along the way who have helped out, were kind, or just seemed wicked rad: Fraeya, Corsan, Yuri, Pagani, Cryptyc.

I like to think that these are the types of folks that make Wurm go round, not the griefers and other unsavory characters who seem so prevalent.

Edited by Araninke
  • Like 2

I'd also like to acknowledge other players I've encountered along the way who have helped out, were kind, or just seemed wicked rad: Fraeya, Corsan, Yuri, Pagani, Cryptyc.

Yeah! Honourable mention!

Also love how somehow Alyeska's name has been edited into the thread title.

I suppose I don't have anyone to publically thank. My friends know who they are, and they know they can have the lantern off my person if they so much as ask for it.

Yeah! Honourable mention!

Also love how somehow Alyeska's name has been edited into the thread title.

I suppose I don't have anyone to publically thank. My friends know who they are, and they know they can have the lantern off my person if they so much as ask for it.

xD I actually copied her name to the title to change it to plain text, and forgot to delete. Thanks for pointing it out.

Also, I'd like to thank Aetherwalker(the one posting here). When I was a noob I had my weapon enchanted by him and one of his friends brought me food and water while I waited. iirc The enchants on the weapon were higher than what I paid for :P

• Like 1

All the folks in Hades, JKE and JKH alliance. Make it worth playing.

( btw I am 10x better than any other Radni

• Like 1

My boys on Chaos, you know who you are and why.

Other than that

Yuri and Ruger: Storytime with Ruger is always infinitely entertaining, and Yuri still helps me find out how to sell items at extortionate prices to freedomers

Battlepants, Figs, Towerpoint crew: Always good people, BP is still a bit loony :)

Scarlet Horizons crew: Good people, always helped me out when i needed it, also sold me stuff at good prices.

Pheonix Enterprises: i miss you zuper and traxx! good conversations, friendly people, went above and beyond to help me for no reason. the first group of guys i met when Independence released after taking a hiatus from chaos, and sitll my favorite group of people.

Faeran, Gripyth, anyone else featured on FF: Thank you, got two of my real life friends into Wurm!

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

Everyone that i have ever had anything to do with in wurm.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.   :wub:

What is the price of experience?

Do men buy it for a song?

Or wisdom for a dance in the street?

(Blake, William 1757-1827)

• Like 2

This is a great thread Its nice to see this one going though :D

So with that I would like to just say there is so many good people that its hard to list any one particular person

I have met tons of good friends and people that would go out of their way for me  that I wont list any one name. 

Im just glad Nicrolis started this thread it is good to see that there are a lot of good people on wurm.    <3  Sanrina

Eadwulf, Blackmere, Sorrow, Manowarfan, Damnyankee, Samuelrowe.

I would've quit Wurm within the first two weeks had it not been for you guys. Everything I do in Wurm is possible because of your guidance, friendship and generosity.

• Like 1

Okay lets make one these posts. I guess this is my who I like post?

Elwood - Despite him being a complete pain in my rear this guy is the one who got me to stick around in Wurm. I still have a small place for this guy despite all the dealings he has done and I know about, despite our arguments and being jerks to each other.

Mamadarkness - MD is just awesome, been there since my wurm beginning as well.

JudusX - Awesome dude, love this guy.

Shadowronin - This guy to (and despite me being this really big omg horrible valrei thief stealing from him, he still likes me too <3)

Aetherwalker(Yuri) - This guy as well #codependantthings

BattlePants - Best CA in wurm history. Hell of a player, good person to have a chat with, and seriously a plethora of knowledge. Good guy.

Proph - He got me my first gold in wurm by screwing lomaner so hard that the kingdom was disbanding so I drained the trader and went back to freedom. That one gold has turning into... hundreds... lol

Alyeska and Xallo - Despite my I hate dragon penners stance when I first got in this game and my dislike for them, Ive learned to like these two a bit. We're not "friends" but I have enjoyed a good conversation with these two and they are very knowledgeable in the game and great to team with on kills and such. 

Jollibee - Cool dude who got me started  in the bartering business in wurm and middle manning sells for people. Great neighbor on deliverance as well, those initial first days were a blast!

• Like 2

Ill repost what i placed in a similar thread on the Inde board..

This is a great idea! A great counter to the "other" thread.

My First +1 is to the "Old Schoolers" Those who have gone before. The firsts on the server who blazed the trail for the rest of us to follow. Some have left their mark and moved on, some still play, and yet some are rarely around because of RL. But all have made an impact in the game that many of us newer players may not even be aware of or just take for granted because it was always there. Only later when we have played a bit, experienced the game more and learned just how huge an effort some of those projects are/were just to change wurm for the betterment of all.

Notable mentions are Tich and The Great Southern Road, Howitzer and the Kinoss Bay Canal, Ago and the Bay Hills Canal, Spellcast and the IH boat bridges, Farelle and TheMadDoctor on the current Mags scar project, not to forget the many many others who have contributed time and materials to such grand undertakings. I traveled the roads, canals and bridges for years before I truly understood the effort that went into these Wonders of Independence. Im sure there are many more missing luminaries of our server that are being left out. But let me and the rest know what they did for us!

My Next +1 is to the GM staff. Those that have to deal with us, the game, the drama. well everything, and still they love the game and the people in it, and still play it! Some may have made decisions that didnt go our way, they have been called elitists, accused of playing favorites, or just plain apathy. Walk a mile in their shoes and you'll find its not just black and white or right and wrong. They log in and deal with our problems and still love the game enough to play it. That in itself deserves our Respect.

Keep this thread going and Shout out to those who are the best of us!

Regards,

Dragon

• Like 1

Love this thread... I'm also happy to say I've got nothing whatsoever to add to the other thread and tons for this one - just been lucky I guess!

From my early newbie days on Indy - Vandam and Marent (both no longer playing I believe) who helped me scratch out a living by the shore, donating time and resources to me and taught me a lot.

Sharkin, who spent hours sailing my first ever boat over for some meagre sum. I still have that sailboat Sharkin and I used it to colonise Deli!

My early Deli friends - Romp, Chrisyou, Tehangel, Rhatz, Romp, Calimdor and Sang. The early days of Deliverance had a bustling, community feel even in the now deserted north, and these people all made that happen. We all lived together for months with absolutely zero conflict that I could see.

Ago and Spellcast, who got me into my first ever community project - helping dig the canal from the north sea into what would later be named Bear Lake, and especially Ago for plenty of great advice and assistance learning tunnel entrances and canals

Jnz - the only one of my real life friends who played wurm for any length of time

Bonegetter - Great example of how you can start off on a wrong foot with someone and end up on the right one

Trencal - Neighbour for over a year, maintained the Deli map the whole time, months after he was burned out and basically stopped playing

Odynn - great guy, always helpful, very community spirited

Nicrolis - for creating this thread if nothing else ;)

Fezdani - another great Deli fixture for some time, now sadly gone and missed

Emerleigh - great friend for years now, can be trusted and relied upon

Clasin - delivered many of the bricks and mortar my crazy projects depended upon

Neem - I still have your corbita...

Sorry to anyone I forgot! It's been years and Wurm is full of awesome people who deserve recognition for being true.

• Like 1

Through the years, I've met so many good people in this game. Formed a lot of friendships, have a lot of fond memories. Instead of making a huge list of all the names of the players I consider friends and why, I shortened it down to the few individuals who have done some pretty amazing things to prove their goodhearted nature:

Goon, Spellcast and Riverboy - All of these guys helped me out big time when I started. They are (pretty sure all are "active", to a degree) the type of players that generally care about others and would go out of their way to help you out. Also, big thanks to Jyin during that era, as her donated 50ql meals were vital to us newbs.

Aeris - Aeris is popular, so there isn't much I can say that most don't already know about her. One thing I would like to point out is that I have met a lot of people in this game, some of them I really do consider friends. Aeris, most of all, because she's a very caring person, and her hospitality and friendship is always there, whether in game or out. She's the definition of a true friend.

Xallo and Alyeska - both of these players have gone out of their way, time after time, to help me out of sticky situations in game. When crap hits the fan for me, both of them have put themselves in jeopardy to help out. Stuck in the pits of hell? They'll be down in 2 seconds to try and get you out. Also, their generosity... the gifts i've received from them have been above and beyond.

Kswords - KS and I had known of each other for years now, but until this past year, we were "friendly strangers". While getting to know him during the course of the year, he (on his own accord) devoted his priest to be a battery for mine for months... and did not ask, nor imply, for any form of compensation. Who does that??!! Who becomes your neighbor, befriends you, then sends over his priest to give you free favor for hundreds of hours? This awesome guy, doing selfless, generous stuff.

Whykillme - WKM and I haven't really formed a friendship like I have with other players. He's fairly quiet and doing his own thing, whatever that may be at the time. Having said that, I've learned that he's a very trustworthy individual, as he's bailed me out of some very compromising situations when he could have easily taken advantage for his own personal gain.

• Like 2

Great idea for a thread  :) I've only been in Wurm for a bit over a year now, but I've met some lovely folks who I'd like to thank, even if no longer around. If I spell anyone's name wrong or forget anyone forgive me, I'm only on my second coffee today :D

Back to the beginning, I'd like to thank Madameredemption (no longer playing), who was one of the first to befriend me ingame, offer advice and support, and gifted me with my first horse and then with two more for a cart, as well as Withold and Mynameisnobody (Will), together the first 3 nieghbors who befriended me and welcomed me to the area I was settling in at the time as a noob.

After that came Belrindor, who helped me find my body I'd lost while exploring around looking for a nice place for my first deed, he then pointed me to that special place in his neighbourhood, and it became my Zen Moment :wub:

Many others have come and gone since then, won't list everyone I have met lol, but I thank all who have been kind and helpful to me in my first year here, all together making me a Wurmian for life. Special mention to Lisabet for being such a sweetheart and inviting me to join the best alliance on Pristine, the West Coast Alliance. Love all of you crazy folks in WCA!

Last but not least I'd like to thank all the GMs who ever came out to help me with a problem, even when it was really not a problem but noob mistakes lol, they have all been great and I think we have an awesome GM team. Thanks Rolf of course for this incredible game! Rock On!

(edit lol, thanks Lisa for the correction, I did say I'd not had enough coffee yet today :lol:)

Edited by Tilda
  • Like 1

Hmm... who to thank..
tough one as I've mostly got where i am by my self.

but seriously...
shock and surprise, firstly I'd like to thank Mazavalt ...yes, you mazza. It may come as a shock as we don't see eye to eye, but fact is, when I started you did help me out and show me a few things. we soon parted ways through our differences, but there's still respect there.

next up Meredge, and Btrod, good guys, and fellow escapees of mazza's place :)

Whykillme, (or Blastspawn as I originally knew him), for buying endless amounts of sleep powder from me helping me to amass enough wealth to get started. and for becoming a good friend, always helpful and trustworthy.

Draxxle, for buying endless piles of bricks and mortar and making my net traps to get my ropemaking grind going  :)

Xallo and Alyeska, first and foremost for making Lakeside retreat deed on exo, which I find myself owning now. It's a nice place and well laid out, not to mention well stocked! ..and for being kind and inviting me to slayings. good fun working with you and wkm penning marauding uniques.

Lisabet, always reliable and fun to have at a dragon hunt and slaying. not just for the world famous meals you bring. :)

...and of course thanks to Katrinka the for cooking them!

Garfius, cos he/she makes some awesome multi enchant weapons. and a big thank you to anyone too slow that allows me to snatch them up before they do!

and a big thanks, to Rolf and the Devs. it's a nasty thankless job, and players are never satisfied. so a big thanks to you guys for putting up with everyone and still providing us with an ever-improving game.

*Edit*

Aum, how could I forget! ...for an excellent impalong 2013, and one of the best hunting trips after it. but also ever helpful, and the free blood-mixing service at practically every unique hunt out there.

Edited by JDBooker
  • Like 3

First off I'd like to thank Adama, he was the first person who I came across on wurm who helped me out a real lot, really got me into this game and learn the ropes. Unfortunately I do not know his where abouts now, so Adama, if you are reading this, thanks a lot and miss you dude :D

I of course would like to thank my husband, known as "Mclovin" in game. He introduced me to wurm, we built deeds together, helped each other with the horrible grinding, stuck by each other through good and bad choices and just generally makes the game even more fun for me. :)

Throwing some love back to MR, Thanks Stimrol for helping out back on the old deed and being and good neighbor on my old old deed.

I'd also like to thank the people who stuck by with me, through the good and bad and also helped created the deed we have today. Thanks Anaton, Kailesimmons, Tuor, Weeebie, Starre and Vesteri.

Lastly I thank the current people who I play with today and making my experience on wurm awesome :)

Cartier - Awesome guy, really helpful and I'd trust him with any item of mine.
Redneckgranny - For being a good friend since the beginning of my wurmy life and just there if i need a chat.
Talor - For bringing me more pvp experience and generally a helpful guy.

Daryl - For taking my village in and generally helpful.

Drastox - Awesome guy and great fun to talk to.

Darklords - Awesome guy and helpful too.

There's so many! Sorry to those I haven't mention, those who I've came across have been such nice, helpful people. Everyone deserves a thanks for making such a great community within this game, Thank you!

Edited by _Teal_