Sign in to follow this  
Radni

Calling out staff members.

Given the new name and shame removal, and that now " Reputations are your own" is it allowed to call out staff? Given you don't say like " X is awful horrible GM" but without "bashing"?

Are opinions about staff members still being removed from the forums?

If it's to do with them as a player, then sure, there's nothing different about us from everyone else. If however it's to do with a moderation case (be that chat warns, or GM rule decisions etc.), then that is currently covered under:

10) You should never appeal or challenge moderation actions in public.  Send a private message or /tell to the moderator in question if you have a question about a moderation action or wish to appeal a moderation action.  If a satisfactory solution cannot be achieved then send your concerns to a Lead Game Master (usually via a forum pm).

and

A ) You should never challenge moderator actions in public.

- All challenges relating to moderation action should be sent privately to the moderator in question. If a satisfactory solution cannot be achieved then post your concerns to the Lead Forum Moderator.

We might not always like the way we have to rule in a case, but we have to follow the rules. Especially when many players see things differently. Many cases involving 2 or more unhappy parties end up with both groups complaining we've been biased in favor of the other... though perhaps if both groups turned up trying to name and shame the mediating staff member we'd end up with more people understanding how flipping tough it is sometimes :P

• Like 7

No, there will not be a staff bashing thread on forums.  If you feel you have been wronged, you may report it to the LFM, LCM, or HGM respectively.

• Like 4

Ok, so player aka staff can bash player but no returnsies. Got it.

• Like 4

Ok, so player aka staff can bash player but no returnsies. Got it.

do u even

If it's to do with them as a player, then sure, there's nothing different about us from everyone else. If however it's to do with a moderation case (be that chat warns, or GM rule decisions etc.), then that is currently covered under:

What if the LFM is the one bashing you for over a year ? Where do you report to, god ?

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

What if the LFM is the one bashing you for oved a year ? Where do you report to, god ?

Complaints about LFM go to Head GM.

Complaints about LFM go to Head GM.

I thought gms were for ingame things only

• Head GM (Implementor) - In charge of all moderation staff (GMs, CMs, and CAs), and handles any complaints players may have regarding staff.

What if the LFM is the one bashing you for over a year ? Where do you report to, god ?

concerns or challenges to forum moderation go to the LFM, concerns or challenges about LFM go to HGM. it's linked in the rules and has been for quite some time.  you can also look at the staff hierarchy to see how it works

So concerns about the HGM go to Rolf?...

Who do you turn to when complaining about Rolf? :o

I jokes, but revert the recent fighting tweaks <3

Edited by Fooligun
  • Like 2

God but he isn't listening to Rolf complaints at the moment. 

His wife perhaps? :DSorry Rolf...

• Like 6

I say if they are doing something illegal whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

And what happens if you've reported staff actions and it's been ignored regardless of a number of witnesses, logs and various proofs? We should be allowed to warn the playerbase not to trust staff members who are protected by their buddies, no?

• Like 3

And what happens if you've reported staff actions and it's been ignored regardless of a number of witnesses, logs and various proofs? We should be allowed to warn the playerbase not to trust staff members who are protected by their buddies, no?

i won't be surprised if your post got removed

Screen shot this for later  :lol:

• Like 1

• Head GM (Implementor) - In charge of all moderation staff (GMs, CMs, and CAs), and handles any complaints players may have regarding staff.

Not sure where the confusion is...

Not sure where the confusion is...

Because I've already handed all the information over, as have several others, and we were all given the "We'll look into it" and brushed off.

• Like 1

Because I've already handed all the information over, as have several others, and we were all given the "We'll look into it" and brushed off.

im not alone...there is hope in this forums....

If I were in that situation I would send follow up messages until I received a reply about the outcome of the investigation, have you done that as well?

If I were in that situation I would send follow up messages until I received a reply about the outcome of the investigation, have you done that as well?

Pretty much this. The only way to get things done in Wurm is to be loud and persistent.

If the GM's wonder what has gotten into you, just tell them Maxthx told you to.

• Like 1

Then what is the official consensus on this?

Will a committee be needed to look into this?

Edited by Alec

Then what is the official consensus on this?

Will a committee be needed to look into this?

Calling out staff members publicly is not cool. Contacting the appropriate staff hierarchy position about complaints or issues with staff members is perfectly okay (and probably encouraged).