Sign in to follow this  
Lucard

My game worked fine for years and then all of a sudden the Log In Screen won't load.  I click on the link and it opens the small 2x3 window and then nothing else.  I tried resetting the log in link from the wurmonline website and that doesn't work either.  I even reinstalled Java.  Did something happen that I forgot to update?

Look in your wurm folder for a file named hs_err_pid and/or console log (the one with a recent date if there are several of each  and post the contents here.  Both files if possible, that should likely cue us to the problem

You could also try rebooting the computer to make sure it is not a process snagged up in memory.

One possiblility is a driver gone somehow so that it uses a generic vga driver (if so the log should mention "pixel format not accelerated).  If you have a laptop with Optimus system (both NVidia + Intel graphics) then sometimes after an update  it "loses" the setting telling it to use NVidia for javaws.exe  (go to NViodia Control Panel, 3D settings Global select always use the GeForce

Another possibility:   I think also if you update Java but had a customs shortcut, the old shortcut points to the old location for Java and not the new version location. You might also have the old location in NVidia control panel for javaws.exe if it is not the game shortcut cauusing the issue. You'll either need to update every entry tfor javaws.exe to show the new path location, or tell NVidia to always use GeForce (if Optimus), or find all references to the path of  javaws.exe and update them to the new location.

Another possibility is that it is something else :P the error logs will help a lot.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors