Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Please remove the Characteristic nerf on priests

The whole priest system is broken anyway...

Casting spells is a pain, the limitations are a pain. Stat gain restrictions...

At least with normal characters, you can generally craft something useful and that you can use while you're skilling up. With a priest, you're pretty much useless until you can grind channeling up to any decent amount.

Back to farming.... *sigh*

• Like 1

+1 (Rustynail 80faith vynora priest) and as some have said. I think the entire priest system needs to be looked at. Casts are far to random. Creating locks/cordage for sacrificing is a horrible system for favor...

Edited by Rockmod

Like I have said you can depriest and do all you want and have 80 faith in a month.

• Like 1

Like I have said you can depriest and do all you want and have 80 faith in a month.

And what does this have to do with woodcutting as a priest or not a priest?  You can woodcut as a vyn priest, etc

Edited by MrGARY

• Like 2

this nerf to gains isnt that serious. Its only something like 10% if that.

I recently depriested warrior and my body str/stam gains while woodcutting are practically the same now as when I was priest. Once i get back to 30 faith ill priest again and get some exact numbers

• Like 1

this nerf to gains isnt that serious. Its only something like 10% if that.

I recently depriested warrior and my body str/stam gains while woodcutting are practically the same now as when I was priest. Once i get back to 30 faith ill priest again and get some exact numbers

It's not the tick size that changes, it's the tick frequency since it is a nerf to difficulty, if that's what you meant

My hourly gains are roughly the same. im all for this being removed if its actually real, but im not convinced it is. ill do more accurate test in 3 days

Its around a 50% nerf timewise, so fe.

As non priest woodcutting i got a body stam tick every 10-12 mins. (95% time actiontimer up)

As a priest every i get body stam ticks every 15-18 mins. (95% actiontimer up)

Its around a 50% nerf timewise, so fe.

As non priest woodcutting i got a body stam tick every 10-12 mins. (95% time actiontimer up)

As a priest every i get body stam ticks every 15-18 mins. (95% actiontimer up)

• Like 1

33% of unfairness

I don't really care what the exact figure is tbh, its not unreasonable to expect the same outcome for doing the same thing as a non priest

33% of unfairness

I don't really care what the exact figure is tbh, its not unreasonable to expect the same outcome for doing the same thing as a non priest

There is a price to pay for holding the power of the gods in your hands ;)

• Like 2

I don't think you recognize the difference between price and punishment

Restrictions are a price to pay... penalties for doing things you are allowed to do are pure punishment

Actually its because you are so busy thinking about the gods its harder for you to learn anything else.

In other words you are a Klutz and just don't know it as a priest. :P

Edited by Uberknot

My idea is that all priests should be able to

• Mine
  • Dig
  • Archery
  • Wood-cutting
  • Bash
  • Plant mine doors
  • Create all kinds of items, build everything

But with a big restriction. Priests shouldnt be able to improve anything. They should only be able to create finished items.

My idea is that all priests should be able to

• Mine

Dig

Archery

Wood-cutting

Bash

Plant mine doors

Create all kinds of items, build everything

But with a big restriction. Priests shouldnt be able to improve anything. They should only be able to create finished items.

Make a different thread then

• Like 2

Come on, this ain't removed already? I dont know for sure if this exists, but if it does, please just remove it without a second thought. I think Rolf or devs should reply to this topic to specify whether it exists or not. And if it exists, the clear majority of people favoring to remove this nerf should be kept in mind and this should be fixed in the next patch ASAP!
Bump!