Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Please remove the Characteristic nerf on priests

Turning your shield has a proven effect on your stat gain, fact

• Like 2

Yeah Priests should be even more powerful and profitable and have zero drawbacks in every way.  Right?

Yeah Priests should be even more powerful and profitable and have zero drawbacks in every way.  Right?

no

currently, they are too powerful in pvp and their drawbacks are broken; they just flat out gimp priest accounts outside combat without balancing them because they don't force them into specific roles since all priests have different spell sets and passives with largely the same restrictions and with a few exceptions (atm Mag is more of a med path with drawbacks than an actual priest)

getting less stat gain for the same amount of work has nothing to do with them being more powerful, it's just a terrible mechanic that makes the game more tedious for priests and should be removed

Edited by MisterTeddy
  • Like 1

more like Rolf releases bridges, breaks a bunch of , and goes on vacation.

oh and bump btw

Rolfcation prevents any work that is positive for the game.

I heard Rolfcations last up to 3 years.

Edited by watkins141

Rolfcation prevents any work that is positive for the game.

I heard Rolfcations last up to 3 years.

careful joking about vacation boy, that's some serious in sweden

I once got a forum account perma'd for that

• Like 1

I have just done some testing on this.

First, i would like to know, Smejack, did you even test this? Where did you get your information?

Does the WL/BL mention that priests get a Characteristic nerf?

I just did some testing on Body, Body Str, Body Sta, Soul and Soul Depth before and after depriesting doing:

Fishing

Foraging
Botanizing

Animal Husbandry

Woodcutting

My Characteristic and skillgain ticks for each of the listed skills were EXACTLY the same on every single action before and after depriesitng.

Did anyone here actually bother doublechecking if there actually is a characteristic nerf in place?

I have just done some testing on this.

First, i would like to know, Smejack, did you even test this? Where did you get your information?

Does the WL/BL mention that priests get a Characteristic nerf?

I just did some testing on Body, Body Str, Body Sta, Soul and Soul Depth before and after depriesting doing:

Fishing

Foraging

Botanizing

Animal Husbandry

Woodcutting

My Characteristic and skillgain ticks for each of the listed skills were EXACTLY the same on every single action before and after depriesitng.

Did anyone here actually bother doublechecking if there actually is a characteristic nerf in place?

Edited by platinumteef

a while ago, warrior did some testing and they were the exact same in tick size, just a little bit different frequency to the point where it wasn't even 10%, it was just negligible.

would require more to confirm, but i doubt this actually exists.

I asked a dev who deals with skill gain roughly a year and and a half or so ago for confirmation just incase the information was outdated on the priesting pop up at the lights, thinking that if it wasnt accurate it should be removed and they said it was true

A GM and a Dev are both confirming it is true. :o

What more do you need?  :wacko:

Remove this nerf already.

• Like 3

WKM, when I went to priest up the other month, I read the entire text box and it does state that body skills are needed, not the exact wording but still says it.

Its not tick size that is affected, it is difficulty in obtaining the same sized tick, which would require a large sample size to get a proper indication of differences

Fyi there is no nerf. If devs think there is then it's coded wrong and dosent work lol

Both hourly gains, tick size and regulairty of ticks.

Edited by warrior

Fyi there is no nerf. If devs think there is then it's coded wrong and dosent work lol

Both hourly gains, tick size and regulairty of ticks.

That was the last time i saw Warrior... my love / My rock / my honey tea.

Challenged GM/DEV in an open forum

• Like 3

Just recently Tich was convinced, that the locks are being unlocked, when deed disbands. Players proved him/her wrong, when (s)he doublechecked the code, (s)he admitted, that the code didn't work. So when devs say something, it doesn't mean it is the absolute truth.

• Like 1