Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Please remove the Characteristic nerf on priests

+1 i agree the skill gain should the same across the board when doing the same action.

+1

Somewhat radical idea but what if all current penalty/restrictions were removed from priests and instead introduced different penalties.  Instead of stopping them from performing non-priest skills, heavily nerf their ability do them.  This could be done by adding a 50% skill gain nerf to the skills (not the stats) and/or adding a "reverse skill curve" to the non-priest skills.  Example of reverse skill curve for say blacksmithing as a priest, 91 skill = 70 effective, 75 skill = 50 effective.  This would allow players to priest and live on their own without the need of alts yet skill penalize them for their extra abilities.

That's probably best suited for a different thread as its drastically different from this suggestion that pretty much almost everyone approves

+11111 on this

I just de-priested last night and I still support this strongly.

Last i checked IRL, meditation was how you aligned your body spirit and mind `levels of awareness`

Last i checked IRL religion cares little for `balance` between the three, despite having `the trinity` carved into its gospel.

I may have just broken a forum rule. Please don't be provoked if you're a zealot.

-retracted vote- pg 12 & 13

Edited by Steveleeb

Last i checked IRL, meditation was how you aligned your body spirit and mind `levels of awareness`

Last i checked IRL religion cares little for `balance` between the three, despite having `the trinity` carved into its gospel.

I may have just broken a forum rule. Please don't be provoked if you're a zealot.

Last I checked irl, when you have a horse on fire it probably will die

Last I checked irl, when I cast my fireballs with my gem staff, it's just my imagination

+1

• Like 2

You cast fireballs with your gem staff in real life?
even in your head, that's pretty far out.

nice one

tell you what, lets not call them priests lets call them wombles.
Equalibrium for wombles, yay, gets a +1 from me.

shall we make water behave differently too, after all, it's not real life. and fog, what's that about? why doesnt it stay in the sky, after all, it's not real life.

Many things in game relate to real life.
casting fireballs with your staff and setting horses on fire, doesn't.
least i hope it doesn't.

Edited by Steveleeb

Many things in game relate to real life.

Ok lets keep this specific then.  How do I use my statuette as a priest to cast spells in real life?

You can't, this doesn't relate

Then you did not check IRL very well.

Several religions including Christianity hail controlling and improving ones body and mind as a way of being closer to the divine.

Ok lets keep this specific then.  How do I use my statuette as a priest to cast spells in real life?

You can't, this doesn't relate

my head hertz.

you should be a journalist for fox news.

you build a church, then an altar (the statuette is the altar btw), you get people to come to it and you tell them everything's gunna be fine, or they're blessed or something.

they leave in a more positive mood and enact positive change on the world that they would otherwise not have been able to do because the act of worship filled them all the insecurities of the world and they need you to remove it.

Clever Romans.

whatever man, whatever.

bringing things into the game from real life is one thing, but telling me im missing the point by explaining how things don't go into real life FROM the game... is missing the point. You're fun.

Unfortunately i feel like you're an antagonist so i won't be arguing with you any longer.

Then you did not check IRL very well.

Several religions including Christianity hail controlling and improving ones body and mind as a way of being closer to the divine.

Then in all my travels, i didn't look hard enough. so be it.

At the end of the day i don't deserve this footprint or to assert my opinion more than once, i do not have a priest.

I was merely making an observation based upon an experience which, as bachus has suggested, is lacking.

Maybe my attitude toward religion is marred by the screams of the billion souls it's torn apart, or the damage that its done our social evolution.

On the flip side it's done a lot of good, forms alot of communities too .

we'll never really know the damage it causes any more than we'll know there was a cure for cancer 50 years ago.

But in my experiences, those most fond of religion have very under developed minds and bodies that they merely `see`, even if they have open hearts and warm smiles.

I have seen imbalance and you can feel it. seems common.

we seemed to have learnt how to teach religion to children but forgotton how to teach it to adults so all the adults are learning the kid stuff and lapping it up. pretty messed up from what i've observed and far from `the balance of the three`

This related to priesthood in-game because they're called priests and they deal with `the three` seemed kinda relevant.

That said, I can accept that im wrong in my assumptions and that i haven't seen enough.

It's a challenging topic. I wonder what Rolf thinks of it all.

Edited by Steveleeb

+1

It's a fairly simple argument.  If the way to work around the characteristic penalties to being a priest is to "depriest - grind - repriest", then it's a bad design.  The initial thoughts behind adding the nerf were probably well intentioned, but time and game play need to be re-examined to determine if the desired goals were met.  

Edited by Azzerhoden

Some people are complaining that we knew this was how it was before we priested...well bare in mind that the game changes.

When I priested there was no need for 23 Body strength to load items...now I find myself handicapped.

Yes I have alts that can do it. but not everyone has.

+1

• Like 1

Last I checked wurm wasn't a real life simulator :huh:

We have priests that cast spells, wizards with sorcery, lava fiends, giant scorpions that we can ride, hell we even have unicorns... how on earth do you manage to use real life as an argument and maintain a straight face in a fantasy sandbox?

it can have aspects  from real life without being a real life simulator.

and it does, unless the developers invented drizzle and fog and an appreciation for spirit mind and body.. etc.

it's in there. I know wogic isn't logic but it's in there.

anyway, im spent and i'll never wrestle with this issue again.

I've also been taught something positive but it has little to do with the game.

Edited by Steveleeb

+1

What a stupid feature, isn't it enough that Priests already can't access the majority of skills in order to increase body/mind stats?

• Like 2

Down to page 5 feels too forgotten for such a popular suggestion lets not get disheartened here :rolleyes:

I didn't even know this existed, this is horrible , +1

Same... Omg.

Please remove this debuff. +1

Bump- this 20% characteristic debuff priest to body mind and soul needs to be removed/changed.