Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Please remove the Characteristic nerf on priests

Its not a Nerf at all its a penalty for choosing to be a priest and have special spells normal players don't have.

Like I said you can move between priest and non priest very easy now with Sermons.

Only the most dedicated priests will get 90+ faith and stay there because they want the power that comes with it.

Everyone else can be a priest or not and switch between them monthly if they choose to do so.

This just smacks of someone who isn't maining a priest.

All priests will end up with 90+ faith because its purely a matter of time, do your five a day and keep plodding away. There is no effort in this. Only the most dedicated priests will get 90+ channelling as that takes actual work.

Sermons are not always an option and if they are can be difficult to arrange which is my case. I'm at the point where I havn't bothered to even consider a sermon in the last year.

Given that 90+ faith is easy, its just slow then that 90+ gives an in-domain bonus to your enchanting that once you have, you really don't want to lose that as its going to take quite a while to get it back when you re-priest. I do not know of anyone who goes "I think I'll be a priest this month". I don't think I've ever met anyone with that mindset.

As for de-priesting and re-priesting. Only a few will ever go down this path, I'm one, de-priested at 94 faith, did other stuff, re-priested, back over 96 faith and I'll do it again when the time is right. My account can support this because it had a lot of skills before I ever went priest.

The majority of priests are alts, the cleverer ones probably made sure the toon had 21 BC before priesting but then the only skills are those related to priesting and what their particular god allows. See one of these toons on sale on the forums and look at the characteristics and mostly boy do they suck. So if a priest de-priests then they are basically a brand new toon again apart from doing the things they did as a priest but with reduced characteristics to boot. So why would they ever bother?

Edited by Gaeron
  • Like 1

+1

I never saw the point of this anyway the crafting, gathering and repairing (like fences and walls) restrictions are enough of a deterrent already.

• Like 3

Everyone else can be a priest or not and switch between them monthly if they choose to do so.

I hope that is not the path Rolf intended us to go on. I think people who just priest and depriest monthly should be the ones to get penalized, not the ones who dedicate themselves to priesthood and actually stay devoted to it.

• Like 1

I hope that is not the path Rolf intended us to go on. I think people who just priest and depriest monthly should be the ones to get penalized, not the ones who dedicate themselves to priesthood and actually stay devoted to it.

Its one of the reasons he gave you easy Faith gains so the hit of de priesting wouldnt be as hard to come back from.

So yeah I would say its part of the overall scheme.

I am going to stay if this Priest Penalty is removed than all priests should get bumps to those skills they have raised over the years.

Not doing so would be unfair to those priests who have played with this penalty for years.

I am going to stay if this Priest Penalty is removed than all priests should get bumps to those skills they have raised over the years.

Not doing so would be unfair to those priests who have played with this penalty for years.

I'm not sure how this would work. He would have to calculate how long each account has been a priest, then bump skills for those time periods on an individual basis. Otherwise, people with 70 body would just priest with 30 faith, then depriest again after they get their free stat boosts.

It's not too hard to get to 40/50 faith if you are willing to spend at least an hour and 20 mins in game per day to pray every 20 mins on the dot.  A sermon can help if you have a large enough community of premium players nearby (or just a lot of premium alts which I am going to discount because such people are the ones who support screwing priests over so their money pots can keep vomiting silver).  Trouble is most priests need 60 (or 70 for fo priests) faith to actually have casts you can live on and getting to 60/70?  That's hard work without a lot of sermons and even then it takes time.

The fact I can't even chop down a sapling outside my home without losing a days faith gain (or more) is evidence enough of a poor understanding of game design, however to take it further and also insist that my stats are going to grow even slower (even though I perform LESS actions on average than a non-priest player)?  Well that not only takes the biscuit, it burns the biscuit factory to the ground and then builds a sewage processing plant over the charred remains.

• Like 1

I've been a priest for almost all of the last three years but I'd say its not necessary.  No priest has had an advantage over any other so improving things moving forwards should be enough.

• Like 2

+1

also, who is this troll?

changes like that were put into the game because people whined and complained about it. Just like how this topic is being whined about.

• Like 2

+1

also, who is this troll?

It seems you answered your own question (cite: Chaos skirmishes).

I'd really like it if they would just make priest limitations logical. They need some limitations to prevent everyone from being a priest, but the current restrictions make no sense. Vynora and Fo just got the ability to use (the new and improved /sarcasm) archery a few months ago, despite the fact that priests were originally intended to fight on the front lines. Come have tea at my token house, we can discuss how it really works over a thousand barrels of yoyos two thousand barrels of door locks and a not-so-useful rare gold Vynora statuette.

• Like 1

+1 heck +1 million i always did wonder why body and mind go so much slower i guess i missed that in the patch notes when it was changed back then

No I'm trying to compare you whining about changing the game in your favor instead of you playing the game how it was designed.

+1 the game is flawed in its design  

• Like 1

I did some testing on this, body stats on a priest are 50% slower then their non priest counterpart.

Its an enormous difference.

• Like 1

why don't let let all players have the same 60% damage reduction of champions

Why not prevent people with the emntality of 10 year olds to post? Would be so much quieter around here?.

You're forgettint that to become a champion, a player has to make his way though being a priest, and that being a champion has none of the limitations that priests have, so your point is moot, and only shows how wrong you are in all levels.

• Like 1

You're forgettint that to become a champion, a player has to make his way though being a priest, and that being a champion has none of the limitations that priests have, so your point is moot, and only shows how wrong you are in all levels.