Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Please remove the Characteristic nerf on priests

Its the same nerf for all priests to body and mind, its not about this priest or that, you are gaining less skill for doing the same thing as someone else.

And yes Jukimo, I fail to comprehend how saying lets all be insta champs is any kind of argument. Sorry.

• Like 1

Thats why you have creation skills. You make this decision when you hit the button to priest up. If you don't like the way it is, you have the option to depriest.

Yes - just creation skills. But you still haven't explained why a priest is then nerfed in the body stat gains from using those allowed skills, by comparison to another player doing exactly the same thing. This is NOT mentioned as a priest penalty and no one is trying to add more capability  - just gain the same rewards for the same creation action.

I really don't see why you are complaining about the idea, although again - it seems to me it's probably more a complaint about the person who made the suggestion.

• Like 1

It's pretty weird that priests are restricted from almost all ways to gain mind / body characteristics, then are further restricted with a flat nerf. Not to mention that soul strength does very little, if anything at all, meaning that priests can raise one useful sub stat faster at the expense of five other useful sub stats. I mean ######, a non-priest can easily grind mining and digging to the high 90s and not even break 50 body.

I'm a non-priest who already has effectively 99.5+ mining and digging for what it's worth. I have no reason to grind them anymore. It's just a silly nerf.

Edited by Aflacduck
  • Like 3

Nah I'm pretty sure I don't personally know anything about the OP

Just stating that people shouldn't be trying to get the game changed just because its not easymode for them.

Its likely not widely known, especially on Freedom where you don't need the big altars to become a priest but the inscription if you like as written when becoming a priest at the white light reads:

"You will also note that as you focus on your soul, you gain body and mind skills a lot slower."

• Like 2

Its likely not widely known, especially on Freedom where you don't need the big altars to become a priest but the inscription if you like as written when becoming a priest at the white light reads:

"You will also note that as you focus on your soul, you gain body and mind skills a lot slower."

That I didn't know. I'd better go edit the wiki. Is it also true for the Bone Altar and Lib?

That I didn't know. I'd better go edit the wiki. Is it also true for the Bone Altar and Lib?

Yes

regardless of the outcome, I appreciate this bit of knowledge.  I say +1.  Remove the nerf.

And to anybody trying to stop new suggestions with arguments like "quit crying and just play the game as intended" well, what about the fat/skinny facepalm they just intended for our game play, or the gazillion other things our community begged to have reverted and the devs relented to make it more playable?

Don't be a suggestion blocker.  You can vote no, but don't ridicule someone for trying to do what they think will help the game.

• Like 3

+1

why shouldent for exampel a mag priest get the same bode stats skill as a non priest from mining?

I can understand lorewise limiting certain skills that do not involve imp or continue. Fo priests chopping trees down for example; however, this in turn severely limits them in terms of getting various stats up, especially since the resource trifecta of skills do not equally exercise stat gain.

Mining is atm by far the best in this regard, which atm only Mag and Libila have.

Now I'm not saying let Fo cut down trees. Instead let digging and so on give more balanced gains.

Edited by Klaa

-1 priest have already had so many of there limitations lifted. I think each priest should be limited by there faith to the task they where assigned by god.

• Like 1

-1 priest have already had so many of there limitations lifted. I think each priest should be limited by there faith to the task they where assigned by god.

And nobody is asking for that to be changed.  It's not a limitation being asked to be removed, it's a skill gain nerf.  A priest grinding woodcutting vs a non priest grinding woodcutting will get less stat gain than the non priest, and that's what is being asked for removal

• Like 4

And nobody is asking for that to be changed.  It's not a limitation being asked to be removed, it's a skill gain nerf.  A priest grinding woodcutting vs a non priest grinding woodcutting will get less stat gain than the non priest, and that's what is being asked for removal

Personally i think a full stat gain overall would be needed to re balance them. i do agree some skills are necessary to survive. While other skills also give insane stat gains (i'm sure you know you have them all). As long as the limitations for using a particular skills is not removed i would be cool with a stat rework.

First of all: +1;

And to Jukimo: Since SmeJack has a lot of experience in playing Wurm and has done so successfully for quite some time I doubt he's suggesting it because he wants an easymode.

I rather believe he knows the pros and cons of the game and suggests this because it is out of line and not helping making the game fun to play in a way.

And tbh, speaking like this doesn't help to strengthen your point of view:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think your comprehension skills are a bit lacking.
  • Like 2

Thats just the way it is. I have a decent amount of experience in this game myself. And my experience is telling me that this person is trying to make the game easymode and trying to bend it in their favor.

inb4 "stat gain tweaked" which ends up being stat gain for all was tweaked to current priest levels, and HFC stat gain nerfed (pls no)

On a serious note, +1.