Sign in to follow this  
LennyHarvey85

Lead by example!

Thank you Enki for clarifying the name and shame "rule".

Reference: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/117723-your-reputation/

However, I'd like to ask you to "one-up" your post by adding further information to this post: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/116116-the-naughty-of-1045/

Shouldn't banned players be named and shamed also? The only reason I ask is that the players often know about peoples alts / shared accounts or associates of players and should a list be produced showing who got banned and for what it may lead to further justice?

• Like 2

Thou shalt not question publically the actions of staff, for fear of being stoned to death!

Maybe on that thread i could see it apply. But even staff might make mistakes time to time. So if not found guilty afterwards, rebuilding reputation is also hard

[general example, not pointed at any single person]

A long time ago bans used to be public name and shame deals, but there is always the chance for players to appeal bans if they have new evidence which can exonerate them.

For example, I was once permanently banned for "hacking" even though this is something I never did. I just made a joke about it one time in my village chat. Very quickly the GM team decided that my ban was unwarranted and it was removed.

However, this was during the time where bans were posted publicly. I don't think it did any lasting damage to my reputation but for a while it was pretty disappointing and damaging to have been named and shamed by the GM team even though I was completely innocent of hacking. I admit it is something silly to joke about, but hey it was village chat.  :unsure:

• Like 1

Based on what I read, maybe its the moderators fault?

If I was a business owner, and I had an employee who had constant complaints made against them, that employee would not be on my staff any longer.

Do like the clarification though, I know I can now call out someone based on their reputation in game here.

he says moderators didnt  enforce the rules but i know me and some others had posts removed for mentioning rugers bad reputation and how he got it, so thats just not true.

Now we get to look forward to a few weeks of forum alts calling people out for things they have done, might have done or look bad if they had done.

Now we get to look forward to a few weeks of forum alts calling people out for things they have done, might have done or look bad if they had done.

Some random words said on alt accounts aren't held to the same value as on main accounts though.