Sign in to follow this  
tintin

The Official Name and Shame Thread

This topic i quite fail.

It is amazing how people react while threatened. I think now all freedomer can see why pvps react the way they do sometime is threads. Atleast in chaos threads there is a lot less of "dobber, dobber, donkey".

Any information i know of people I would rather keep it to myself. Lets face it we are playing a game after all.

• Like 2

Whole lotta nobodies posting on here.

I doubt any of you kids were around in the alpha / beta days when the real griefing went on.

I'd like to make honorable mention of Atom for griefing me by stealing my heart and Inacron / Malvado /UN4 for breaking it and never coming back.

Also Tigga is a wench and Zerobyte has no balls.

Edited by Zeno
  • Like 2

Whole lotta nobodies posting on here.

I doubt any of you kids were around in the alpha / beta days when the real griefing went on.

I'd like to make honorable mention of Atom for griefing me by stealing my heart and Inacron / Malvado /UN4 for breaking it and never coming back.

Also Tigga is a wench and Zerobyte has no balls.

It speaks!

Kill it, before it infects us all!

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

I fed a pig all week. I usually kill them on sight. I got praises for turning over a new era in my life and being kind to porcine. I was just waiting for a diamond for the new sacramental knife. :wacko:

The idea behind this thread was to shame bad behavior because usually there is very little you can do to punish it (especially on freedom)

I think what only some of us have realized is that the kind of person that will hack, flame, lie and generally break the rules is utterly unconcerned with reputation. These types of people do not play wurm for the community. Or perhaps one could say that they do, but instead are obsessed with 'winning' or generally upsetting other people because it amuses them. These types of people are usually called sociopaths or some other variant in day-to-day life. It is reasonable to suggest that some of these ego-centric and rash individuals would frequent some games and generally leave a trail of wherever they go. They also are relatively immune to shaming.

Another point completely missed is that the purposes of shaming bad behavior is not to get revenge. It is to encourage good behavior. Whenever I see someone desperately trying to shame someone else It raises an eyebrow. Even if they have proof they are missing the point that if someone is truly shamed then they should also have the opportunity to move past that shame. Make your case (preferably with proof) and shut up already. Some individuals in this thread (I won't name them) really are trying too hard.

The idea behind this thread is solid. The execution is whats lacking.

The idea behind this thread is solid. The execution is whats lacking.

Maybe they need sharper pitch forks?

It speaks!

Kill it, before it infects us all!

I am eternal, I came before and will be here long after my friend.

Just when you think I'm gone is when I'm doing my best work ;)

• Like 1

I'd like to shame Rolf for what he did at sparta

Whoa whoa hold on a moment...

Bill-Hader-Eating-Popcorn-Smiling-SNL.gi

Okay, feel free to continue.

Greasygrundle gave me a cute little bison that has forever ruined my grass fields,  he's to never be trusted.  he plans to destroy all nature slowly, while acting like he's helping it! BEWARE.

I"m naming n shaming myself. 3 different time in less than 2 weeks i have sold a 90+coc butchering knife of mine to the token when selling corpses and meat.  so insulting was the 30 or so copper i got for the 3s + knife...not just once but 3x.  i had since changed the way i did things..and not lost another knife

And I had to remake them....Son of a Seal.

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 4

I'd like to shame Rolf for what he did at sparta

shame rolf everyday

irLrrXO.jpg

• Like 1

Propheteer, despite his fanboy obsession for me to the point he got me to defect from BL to join JK and stalks me to high hell on Steam, is really PTO. Proph I still love you buddy because you were the reason I made my first gold in Wurm. Long live Lomaner.

Nicrolis, if you want the full logs of the valrei incident, Ill happily send them to you like I did when I submitted the ticket to the GMs in regards to the Valrei items whenever Odynn started trying to pin me for a thief. That is not what happened at all despite what Odynn says and manipulates  people into believing due to him being a staff member. I will happily break out the log of you  getting caught cheating the rolls and Im sure I can find the video as well. Don't blow your feet off stepping in the land mine field because theirs more land mines in this field then the Korean DMZ.

Booski, I know... Im sorry, to be honest I really am working on that still.. If only you knew, you should still have my cell phone number and welcome to call me any time to discuss the status of it but I have stepped away from wurm to try to get stuff together in real life to pay your debt as well as another and my general life together. -.-

Issle, Cmon bro, get good. The GMs knew I figured out the 3rd person thing, it's well documented in how its done because the same java injection, not client, also does that map dump. I only baited you out because you've openly talked about knowing about the hacked client and was tired of its use on Chaos. Our conversation was immediately passed on wards to try to help fish out that client. You openly admit to working on hacking the client, you openly know about freddies use with the hacked client, and even working on a hacked client for the MR kingdom. Heres the next lines in the log Aether provided: 

[19:52:41] <Telecosmos> that's like 5 months ago

[19:52:49] <Telecosmos> havent really updated much since then

[19:53:02] <Telecosmos> went too busy working for the kingdom

giphy.gif

Addition: Yes I am Trenith. No I didn't steal Nikkunikku's horses, yes I did raid sparta (on chaos) and steal Duce's stuff whenever I bought the Jup account out of the boat cave in which the character was left. No I didn't steal Hexd's scale set, Rudie (now better known as Pagani, Cooljpx, Nusty(Pagani is actually Kajmir and Rudie is Nusty, both drive cooljpx though) also had access to that account and shortly there after he stole Dadd's set's as well. Yes I did take part in "ninja'ing" the original red dragon from Deliverance with Maximustehgreat and Rudie in effort to profit my own scale set. No I have never sold a deed and used some weird loophole settings to do some funny stuff despite what Zalifear says and is unable to prove to this day. Any other dirt on me or anything people would like to bring up, please provide logs for it because frankly trolling is now against the  rules instead of name and shame. Don't be trolls.

Last addition: Ruger is no longer driven by me in effort to keep me away from the game ruger was off loaded so you can stop messaging the person looking for valrei items, he doesn't have any nor do I.

I had nothing better to do so I figured "Hey why not check and see if I'm listed."

I'm Omgderp, Pagani in game and formerly known as Kajmir or by this symbol: XD

My bf is the current owner of Nusty and formerly known as Rudie or by this symbol: :D

Trenith and Zalifear should get over themselves. Yes Rudie stole, yes it was really shameful and he had no good defence. It's been a few years now, the victim Dadd is over it, you both delighted in dragging my name threw the mud but I have a forum pm from Dadd, I didn't even know until 3 days after the fact and Dadd verified it because I knew both of you would turn us into Bonny and Clyde for anything that has ever happened in the last decade.

Rudie, now known as Nusty has paid in more ways he ever dreamed of for what he did. It's obvious to everyone that he of course is the first person to do something stupid without thinking.

Trenith is so mature as to tell people I had "relations" with inanimate object to anyone who will listen. Yeah classy but somehow I'm the "######".

Zalifear after finally figuring out who my bf is and insulting the wrong char now enjoys little snipes at my expensive with a self righteous nature that is mind boggling. Including mentioning this thread like a threat.

only real problem you ever had with me was our last convo....do you remember it Zalifear? I do...You suggested I stopped acting like a "######" and you wanted to dictate who my friends were, Rudie obviously was off the list. I told you to stuff it. Just like when you did it to Rudie with Trenith, I mean that is the real reason.....for being so self righteous you could work on the truth a little more.

I see you got this poetry/deep thought ###### going on too, but when I looked threw this thread, your name isn't doing too well is it "bro"? Stealing, dominating....Yet call me out for making money in game, what you mad? The drake business couldn't last forever, or would it more acceptable to you if I made money like you did...apparently it was all you knew...

[23:00:39] <Foreverskyz> LOL Please buy MY stuff I beg you!

I could write a novel about you. Your ######, your lies, remember the market...your Oh So valiant attempt to do for the deli community! But we know...don't we. ;)

I asked some good people on Deli why they'd deal with you after I saw you for the controlling jerk you are...let's play Family Fued!

8 people were asked, number One answer is.....YOUR over paying wallet, nope not you....the bling.

And you Trenith...good riddance.

I'd rather be the ###### Of Babylon then either of you for 5 minutes. I lost my reputation to guilt by association, not because of a damn thing I did.

Edited by Omgderp
  • Like 1

That guy Zeno...
I'm the squatter that pays over 7s a month for upkeep on a deed near him:

Edited by Cecci

Shame on GMs and developers. I've submitted several bugs that could be used for gaem exploits, but still I don't have Clairvoyant title :(

• Like 1

Please remember that you still need to follow the forum and game rules within this thread when name and shaming,

Accusations of exploiting and rule breaking should be submitted to a GM for investigation.

• Like 2

Please remember that you still need to follow the forum and game rules within this thread when name and shaming,

Accusations of exploiting and rule breaking should be submitted to a GM for investigation.

And players submitting false accusations should be banned for a week.

• Like 2

Oh snap.

Edited by Madt

Y'know..... Same as Lib priests lose priesthood when they cross into PvE.... 

Tracking should be a default 99 on Freedom servers, reverts to your "real" level on PvP (unless pvp doesn't mind that status quo change either... their thing not mine).

Would make life easier for GM's on one hand as players could copypaste their tracking results into support tickets, that way there's no need to make tiles retain tracks for 72hrs...

That aside, once ticket's handled and GM says "there's your guy" and rules in your favor, this thread is the place to post your story.  If someone's got an old rep and IS STILL AT IT, then yeah this is a good thread for some background.

However I got about 10 names on my personal blacklist, some awesome horror stories with logs and all... but they eventually got disciplined and haven't heard new horror stories since so, not posting them.  IF they get caught again and someone names them here in a civilized way, I'll gladly share some background otherwise, think I'd be killing this thread's point.  

Not saying I'm a moral authority but, my 2 copper eh.

By and by, this thread shouldn't have exclusivity for naming and shaming ... if i ship 10s of bricks to someone's deed, get there, unload, and when i hit "Trade" person leaves for a week... first off save logs, second I spot him, ask what happened (as opposed to have his name up here for a week)... internets die sometimes, cpu's catch fire.... if it comes down to I'm not gonna be paid, sure, no rule against it I got scammed buuuut.... wait til he bids on another auction or WTS.   That's why we keep important logs on separate files btw... local event pm lines at very least.

Not gonna say community's having a "toxic phase" as I know how tempers can flare for even the best of us, but I think it's time we cleared up the line between shaming an offender and flinging years' old poop at each other before we lose shaming rights for real.

Edit: pastebin is your friend, sometimes a long-winded discussion can be cleared with a pasted log, but pastebin it don't copy the whole thing here lol, some folks may just wanna skip past that offender's rap sheet.

Edited by Mordraug

Remember that time Rudie used the Chaos council to financially benefit himself?

Frank remembers

And players submitting false accusations should be banned for a week.

I think their reputation would be damaged by making false accusations. The shame of being a total liar should be enough to stop people from doing that of course.

Frank remembers

Financially benefit how?

Frank remembers

I think we went over this, post the nitty gritty or don't post at all

• Like 1

I think their reputation would be damaged by making false accusations. The shame of being a total liar should be enough to stop people from doing that of course.

Nobody cares or nobody's reputation gets damaged if person disappears for a week from Wurm. I don't see cons here, only pros. 

Person who makes false accusations would panic less and think more.. after couple of bans.