Sign in to follow this  
tintin

The Official Name and Shame Thread

Ruger has always been respectful and true to his word for all his dealings with me and has never stolen anything of mine. In fact every time I've loaned him things of mine he's given them back with interest.

So this is the new offical trolling thread. I want to blame shame the staff team for this dirt.

Just turn the forum and the game into a playschool. Well people started behaving like this pretty fast.

Edited by Sklo:D

Just because the word Official is in the title, doesn't make it official.

Just the fact of letting this go for 8 pages is hilarious.

OMG there are people who can hack a completely low secured java client WOW nobody knew that!

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 2

Why everyone likes it?

Hey I don't like it!

Stop liking things I don't like!

I said stop!

• Like 2

Over the years that I have been playing I have had problems with a few players in game but nothing that I think would merit listing their name in a thread of this sort. Usually I find it best to just repair any damage done and move on to continue to enjoy playing the game, rather than focus my attention upon the other, escalating the situation with responses in kind. They have their side to the issue and probably consider me the bad guy as well.

I could see a thread of this sort having some merit if it were to list players who currently were taking actions to harass others in game, going around breaking into off deed places and destroying those areas killing animals, joining deeds and then stealing from them. Perhaps a few other things as well but personal neighbor squabbles don't really fit into this and need to be resolved by the individuals involved, or not. Being that this concept of "name and shame" is now unmoderated for the most part, the limits of it will be tested by those of such nature to do so, as is being exhibited within this thread.

Another thing to consider is the reputation of those doing the "naming". Possibly they do not realize that their own reputation may be damaged as well in the process. Even then, those players maligned need have little concern if they go about their business in game on an amenable basis with others. Only the naïve will believe any unfounded accusations based upon half truths, unless of course they are friends of the accusers. If that is the case then there is nothing positive that can really be done in response.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 5

Over the years that I have been playing I have had problems with a few players in game but nothing that I think would merit listing their name in a thread of this sort. Usually I find it best to just repair any damage done and move on to continue to enjoy playing the game, rather than focus my attention upon the other, escalating the situation with responses in kind. They have their side to the issue and probably consider me the bad guy as well.

Come_to_the_DarkSide_by_sali666.jpg

• Like 2

Three things I've learned over the long decades of my life:

1: Never write down, type or otherwise leave a paper trail of anything you don't you don't want the world to know.

2: Don't wrestle with pigs. You get dirty and the pig likes it.

3: Don't piss off the people in charge of the games you love. If it ain't your tower and ain't your flying monkeys, you ain't Dorothy and you ain't gonna win. Even if you do manage you prove them wrong, you've lost the support of the people who make the game what it is and, sooner or later, you won't have that game to play any more. There are ways to make changes and get rules rewritten, but anger and hostility just make things worse.

• Like 12

1: Never write down, type or otherwise leave a paper trail of anything you don't you don't want the world to know.

3: Don't piss off the people in charge of the games you love. If it ain't your tower and ain't your flying monkeys, you ain't Dorothy and you ain't gonna win. Even if you do manage you prove them wrong, you've lost the support of the people who make the game what it is and, sooner or later, you won't have that game to play any more. There are ways to make changes and get rules rewritten, but anger and hostility just make things worse.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Lets not forget that time Tonygreen was banned for the combined list of actions he has done.

Then was allowed to play again.

hmm name and shame conspericy now starting woot! what will come im excited!!!

haha not shaming or anything but does anyone remember Tyler on serenity?  :D  :blink:

• Like 1

One time a friend and I were friends with these other two no one liked and we vouched for them all the time and defended them. Then one day they robbed us blind using a priest alt we let them use.

Basically everyone was like... well we told you they suck and they still do.

And one of them would sell his mother for a copper.

They're pretty tight dudes.

• Like 1

This guy named Delamore (iirc) used a hack that sounds similar to the one described in those logs to take overhead screenshots of the inside of Kyara quite a few years ago.

We had one of the screenshots which, going by the angle it was taken from, proved that whoever took it would have had to have been in mid-air.

lol

at least rolf takes care of his own

http://i.imgur.com/Y81iRmc.jpg

Edited by Delamore
  • Like 1

One time Rudie said he'd give me a Sorcery charge once he got an item.  He didn't.

Screw that guy.

• Like 2

I admit it...

I was the one who ate the last cookie.

Lets not forget that time Tonygreen was banned for the combined list of actions he has done.

Then was allowed to play again.

Most bans expire over time, usually a year. Plus one can always appeal to Rolf, he has the final say. Heard it helps to wait and ask very nicely.

Some players Ive lost count of the number of bans they've had over the years.

Course if theres been cheating or exploiting the char in question may have skills reset or just completely inaccessible, regardless of if you are allowed back in.

Edited by Klaa

Man, who needs old graphics, low server populations, and intense system load, when you can just show people this thread to turn them away from playing Wurm?

Most of this thread is either a childish poo-flinging war, or inside jokes that appear to an outsider as further poo-flinging. Should really just rename the thread "The Official He-Said-She-Said Thread"

Shame on Tintin for creating it, and most of those that have fuelled it. 

At least the ban/moderation discussion is of some mild interest. 

Edited by Arronicus

So... Don't do things where you might get dirty, and the other party might enjoy it, if you are opposed to both of those results?

So many names to bring up... probably shouldnt poke that hornets nest  :ph34r:

This thread is entertaining to say the least. Many of these posts have made me chuckle and laughter is, without a doubt, the best medicine out there. Remember folks, "Don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house and if you have a glass jaw you should watch your mouth!"

Edited by Macadelic

I once harvest pumpkins from somebodies bit of farm land and ate them. This has haunted me for a while so I want to come clean.

• Like 1