Sign in to follow this  
tintin

The Official Name and Shame Thread

Should just change the name of this to "He said, She said" thread. Most of this is just mudslinging back and forth. What this does accomplish though is when people like me read this we just want to lump you all together.

Makes you want to play on Chaos, don't it?   lolz

But I have. There is a lot of good people on Chaos and I have had a lot of fun there. Sadly though there is a handful of people there that just make it miserable sometimes but really same can be said for the other servers. I just think this is useless given the fact that almost anything posted here by players will not have absolute proof. Logs will always be labeled as tampered even if they are 100% accurate. Even if 10 people show logs all saying same thing it could be said this whole group is colluding to destroy someone. Which given what I have seen on Chaos could happen. Hell even on Freedom. Whisper some rumor in the right persons ear there and you could get someone on a crap ton of KOS lists for doing nothing. Especially when we throw that whole White Knight syndrome in the mix.

The negative one's are always the loudest.

For every 1 crap slinger there are 10 quieter, more mature people.

Edited by Madt
  • Like 1

propheteer owes me 13s

Pffttt is that all? Ruger Owes me 1G >.>

And zalifer owes me a black tome but I doubt that will ever happen.

Pffttt is that all? Ruger Owes me 1G >.>

I gave you back all the crops, though. Pretty sure that makes things square

Nope Still a balance

I gave you back all the crops, though. Pretty sure that makes things square

Allright guys note that there's a difference between stating when someone has done something that you have some sort of proof or witnesses to, compared to accusing someone without such grounds. 

If you have no proof or witnesses it may very well fall under the category

Trolling

Definition: Inflammatory or off-topic messages intended to provoke other members into a desired emotional response or to otherwise disrupt the topic.

A ) You may not post with the intention of negatively provoking other members.

Trolling, the catch all clause for everything, I love internet forums.

• Like 2

Should just change the name of this to "He said, She said" thread. Most of this is just mudslinging back and forth. What this does accomplish though is when people like me read this we just want to lump you all together.

there is one thing of value in this..we get to see others character on display.  fact or fiction, what some are willing to do or how they treat others is in full swing like a cheap drama. Personally i'd rather spend time celebrating successes and fun times than concerted efforts to tear another down.  I think it's helpful to some small degree to witness people's behavior on this thread

• Like 4

I will always remember GangSquad.   I first invited him to my village, he'd die and demand that I come and pick him up at Greendog each time and while in the cart he would have me stop constantly so he could try to tame of capture some poor random creature. He was known for stealing from other villagers and he even once asked a friend of mine if he could date her daughter. This got him into loads of trouble.

Despite all of this and much more that I won't go into he was still loveable. Most of his crimes were out of ignorance and just being young(he was 13 in RL,same as ignorant I guess) .

I cringe remembering the day I found my neighbors horses in my pen while he is saying," hey I gotz us horsies!" . RIP GangSquad and please just stick with Minecraft.

• Like 7

Have to admit, in my opinion this thread and the whole "name and shame" thing is pretty distasteful. How is it being constructive and helping at all? You're not saving your reputation, you're looking like even more of a d*bag by posting here. It's deepening existing feuds and creating whole new wedges between fellow Wurmians. Is that ultimately good for the game? 

I'm not saying naming people accused of certain crimes is not altogether unproductive as in such it warns others and may perhaps put an end to the individual's activity. However, I don't think there needs to be a whole thread about it with people tossing mud back and forth at each other. No reason to celebrate negativity imo.

Edited to add that the fact that it is sanctioned by staff (who can't be named themselves within the hallowed name and shame halls) and therefore management just adds to the distasteful-ness.

Edited by Araninke
  • Like 5

Recently I tunneled a mine for slate that was near someone's deed which I was unaware of until they showed up in my local. I'd be lieing if I said I've never pissed anyone off, and if you're reading this and your this person who owns that deed I apologize but at least you have slate now. :(  I forget his name but he seemed rather cross that I was near his deed.

I set up an art installation one time and Gary put his name on it.

• Like 2

Personally i'd rather spend time celebrating successes and fun times than concerted efforts to tear another down.

Start an opposite name and shame thread - "name and fame" !

• Like 3

And those of you who keep bringing up the chat rules, they are going to be revamped the same as we redid the game and forum rules.

Can we revamp the griefing rules? Like get rid of those "loopholes" for stuff that isnt' well-covered under the rules as written, but is obviously griefing and stalking and prolonged targeting of a person? And do something about the people who are mostly in the game to provide anguish to the people who are just trying to enjoy their day?

People who choose to play PvE are not looking for personalized attacks. The game loses so much money from people who quit after they're targeted and nothing happens, or they pull back a lot from playing, only stopping in because the investment is already made, they don't prem as many characters, don't keep as much land, and they certainly don't encourage friends to come try the game, so word of mouth is lost. These incidents are treated like little nothings, but the ripple effect is large.

• Like 11

So how do we protect ourselves from slander?

Apparently you have to constantly defend yourself, since it is now ok to say anything you want about anyone/point fingers/randomly accuse people of x on the forums.

• Like 1

Well as Rolf stated, it is all in how we behave...
We create our own reputations by how we conduct ourselves towards our fellow wurmians.

If the accuser doesn't supply any proof with their post, "REPORT" it and a mod will look into it and determine if the post should be removed. I realize that this takes time and that the damage to your rep. could occur during that time. I think there should now be harsher penalties for folks who Shame, without proof. Maybe a 3 day in game ban would put a quick stop to those who wish to air dirty laundry without proof.

You wont need to protect yourself. If you are in nature a good person those around you will come to your aid and defend your name for you. If you are not a good person than expect the opposite. Don't be afraid of talk because most will see that "talk" is all it is.

BTW, i like your name :)

• Like 1

Propheteer, despite his fanboy obsession for me to the point he got me to defect from BL to join JK and stalks me to high hell on Steam, is really PTO. Proph I still love you buddy because you were the reason I made my first gold in Wurm. Long live Lomaner.

Nicrolis, if you want the full logs of the valrei incident, Ill happily send them to you like I did when I submitted the ticket to the GMs in regards to the Valrei items whenever Odynn started trying to pin me for a thief. That is not what happened at all despite what Odynn says and manipulates  people into believing due to him being a staff member. I will happily break out the log of you  getting caught cheating the rolls and Im sure I can find the video as well. Don't blow your feet off stepping in the land mine field because theirs more land mines in this field then the Korean DMZ.

Booski, I know... Im sorry, to be honest I really am working on that still.. If only you knew, you should still have my cell phone number and welcome to call me any time to discuss the status of it but I have stepped away from wurm to try to get stuff together in real life to pay your debt as well as another and my general life together. -.-

Issle, Cmon bro, get good. The GMs knew I figured out the 3rd person thing, it's well documented in how its done because the same java injection, not client, also does that map dump. I only baited you out because you've openly talked about knowing about the hacked client and was tired of its use on Chaos. Our conversation was immediately passed on wards to try to help fish out that client. You openly admit to working on hacking the client, you openly know about freddies use with the hacked client, and even working on a hacked client for the MR kingdom. Heres the next lines in the log Aether provided: 

[19:52:41] <Telecosmos> that's like 5 months ago

[19:52:49] <Telecosmos> havent really updated much since then

[19:53:02] <Telecosmos> went too busy working for the kingdom

giphy.gif

Addition: Yes I am Trenith. No I didn't steal Nikkunikku's horses, yes I did raid sparta (on chaos) and steal Duce's stuff whenever I bought the Jup account out of the boat cave in which the character was left. No I didn't steal Hexd's scale set, Rudie (now better known as Pagani, Cooljpx, Nusty(Pagani is actually Kajmir and Rudie is Nusty, both drive cooljpx though) also had access to that account and shortly there after he stole Dadd's set's as well. Yes I did take part in "ninja'ing" the original red dragon from Deliverance with Maximustehgreat and Rudie in effort to profit my own scale set. No I have never sold a deed and used some weird loophole settings to do some funny stuff despite what Zalifear says and is unable to prove to this day. Any other dirt on me or anything people would like to bring up, please provide logs for it because frankly trolling is now against the  rules instead of name and shame. Don't be trolls.

Last addition: Ruger is no longer driven by me in effort to keep me away from the game ruger was off loaded so you can stop messaging the person looking for valrei items, he doesn't have any nor do I.

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 2

Propheteer, despite his fanboy obsession for me to the point he got me to defect from BL to join JK and stalks me to high hell on Steam, is really PTO. Proph I still love you buddy because you were the reason I made my first gold in Wurm. Long live Lomaner.

Nicrolis, if you want the full logs of the valrei incident, Ill happily send them to you like I did when I submitted the ticket to the GMs in regards to the Valrei items whenever Odynn started trying to pin me for a thief. That is not what happened at all despite what Odynn says and manipulates  people into believing due to him being a staff member. I will happily break out the log of you  getting caught cheating the rolls and Im sure I can find the video as well. Don't blow your feet off stepping in the land mine field because theirs more land mines in this field then the Korean DMZ.

Booski, I know... Im sorry, to be honest I really am working on that still.. If only you knew, you should still have my cell phone number and welcome to call me any time to discuss the status of it but I have stepped away from wurm to try to get stuff together in real life to pay your debt as well as another and my general life together. -.-

Issle, Cmon bro, get good. The GMs knew I figured out the 3rd person thing, it's well documented in how its done because the same java injection, not client, also does that map dump. I only baited you out because you've openly talked about knowing about the hacked client and was tired of its use on Chaos. Our conversation was immediately passed on wards to try to help fish out that client. You openly admit to working on hacking the client, you openly know about freddies use with the hacked client, and even working on a hacked client for the MR kingdom. Heres the next lines in the log Aether provided: 

[19:52:41] <Telecosmos> that's like 5 months ago

[19:52:49] <Telecosmos> havent really updated much since then

[19:53:02] <Telecosmos> went too busy working for the kingdom

giphy.gif

Addition: Yes I am Trenith. No I didn't steal Nikkunikku's horses, yes I did raid sparta (on chaos) and steal Duce's stuff whenever I bought the Jup account out of the boat cave in which the character was left. No I didn't steal Hexd's scale set, Rudie (now better known as Pagani, Cooljpx, Nusty(Pagani is actually Kajmir and Rudie is Nusty, both drive cooljpx though) also had access to that account and shortly there after he stole Dadd's set's as well. Yes I did take part in "ninja'ing" the original red dragon from Deliverance with Maximustehgreat and Rudie in effort to profit my own scale set. No I have never sold a deed and used some weird loophole settings to do some funny stuff despite what Zalifear says and is unable to prove to this day. Any other dirt on me or anything people would like to bring up, please provide logs for it because frankly trolling is now against the  rules instead of name and shame. Don't be trolls.

Last addition: Ruger is no longer driven by me in effort to keep me away from the game ruger was off loaded so you can stop messaging the person looking for valrei items, he doesn't have any nor do I.

Not a troll, just an observation made using your own post. You sound like a real .

• Like 2

You took and kept items you weren't entitled to, my status as staff as nothing to do with that (and you openly admit it in others thread).

Worst thing i've done in wurm and i could put my name on that thread is trusting you. This said, keep the past as past and a motivation to be and do better.

At least that's what i do.

Doughboy. The front figure of what happens when a staff member takes all the cookies from the jar and only forced to return some of them.

• Like 1