Sign in to follow this  
tintin

The Official Name and Shame Thread

I am ashamed no one has mentioned Propheteer and his exploits, or MR and their exploits on chaos. 

I am ashamed no one has mentioned Propheteer and his exploits, or MR and their exploits on chaos. 

Someone already mentioned Prophetool exploiting

my list is loooong... but i cant remember all of em...  but recent one:D

he destroy part of 3 wide highway and make it ugly 1 wide   his brave speak with no respond in local before Enki arrive...

<Russwoods> and really i can say things in the forum bout you control freak

<Russwoods> weakmind child are you sure you are an adult what ever you are a childish fool

Shame on everyone who destroy our highway work and public places...

• Like 2

Mol Rehan broke into the Sparta mine alone. Not ! 

Shamed !

No one is stopping you.

:)

I really cant let this go without putting in some clarifying remarks - Specifically concerning this part of the post, and I think it falls in line with the name and shame theme.

With my security intact that left me with one inescapable conclusion.  THERE IS NO SUCH RULE! (Correct, its called Personal Attacks)

How about that.  There is no name and shame rule.  So what's the big galifumpugus?

After comparing notes with my other mentalities and team members it has become clear that over time, a certain few people have been propagating myths about rules, and interpreting the rules in unintended ways for their benefit. Specifically the part where we as moderators demanded that any accusations of exploits be brought to us and not aired publicly.  There was a time when these accusations ran rampant and 99% of the time they were false.  This also included accusations against moderation team members as false accusations undermine our efforts to help.  Never did we intend or state that we would follow you and remove any negative statements made about you.(No what we said was, we were going to remove posts that were clearly personal attacks. This is why you will never find anything anywhere about a "Name and Shame " rule. We never used one. Those were rolled under personal attacks as moderators had no way of knowing who was telling the truth and who wasnt. There was no way to moderate such flame wars as any moderation would be seen as staff siding with one party or the other, so we shut them down. All of them..... as Personal Attacks.)

Shame on you Enki, you know better.

[19:49:37] <Telecosmos> yea well freddy and jordan are the best around ;)

[19:49:58] <Ruger> Whats the current client do?

[19:50:14] <Telecosmos> minimap, pathfinding, AI, imping, mining

[19:50:22] <Telecosmos> they recently added treehack too

[19:50:33] <Telecosmos> man treehack is the best :P

[19:50:47] <Telecosmos> so much visibility freedom

[19:50:55] <Telecosmos> hehe

[19:51:02] <Telecosmos> once you get the hooks in the client

[19:51:05] <Telecosmos> then its a game of digging

[19:51:14] <Telecosmos> understanding how the client works and tampering with it

[19:51:41] <Telecosmos> my initial approach was javassit

[19:51:44] <Telecosmos> then I moved to BCL too

[19:51:53] <Telecosmos> javassist*

[19:52:08] <Telecosmos> payload delivery was through calling wurm through my jar initially

[19:52:21] <Telecosmos> latest technique is using java agents to load dynamically

Telecosmos is one of Issle's main alts, this nugget of information is from my "spying" within BL

I really cant let this go without putting in some clarifying remarks - Specifically concerning this part of the post, and I think it falls in line with the name and shame theme.

Shame on you Enki, you know better.

I personally think the name and shame rule fell under the defamation rule and causing unwanted distress to players. Now we see that enki has posted on the chat rules that they will be changed soon.

my list is loooong... but i cant remember all of em...  but recent one:D

he destroy part of 3 wide highway and make it ugly 1 wide   his brave speak with no respond in local before Enki arrive...

<Russwoods> and really i can say things in the forum bout you control freak

<Russwoods> weakmind child are you sure you are an adult what ever you are a childish fool

Shame on everyone who destroy our highway work and public places...

bad russwoods bad russwoods lol

• Like 1

I personally think the name and shame rule fell under the defamation rule and causing unwanted distress to players. Now we see that enki has posted on the chat rules that they will be changed soon.

Doesnt matter what is thought..its fact, its what we did, I personally shut down countless posts that were trying to name and shame under personal attacks. And it wasnt only me, it was every moderator in staff. At one time everyone shut them down to one degree or another under personal attacks. I remember many discussions on such things, but we simply never called it Name N Shame, it was simply personal attacks. Nothing ever was in the context of name and shame, it was always under the auspices of personal attacks. This type of moderation was long ingrained before I ever got there, its just the vigor in which the rulings have been applied I think is the source of contention, and Enki doing a CYA :)

Edited by sunsvortex

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBeSjtU-7AI

• Like 2

In his obsessive quest for having the most titles in game, Bucket enslaved me years ago and has made me fetch all his mats for him during that time.

Guy is $#%*@! evil.

• Like 8

Lets not go twisting this into something ugly.  The fact is, everyone has been under a misconception, players and moderators alike.  People reading into the rules stuff that isn't actually there.  And those of you who keep bringing up the chat rules, they are going to be revamped the same as we redid the game and forum rules.

You should try to avoid digging up old dirt in the past since the only point of that would be to derail this thread.  The whole idea is that your reputation is important and if you ruin it, then that is your problem to solve.

• Like 18

man this didn't take long..I'm going to need a truck load of popcorn.

• Like 3

One actually has to have a reputation worth ruining, thankfully I do not have this concern.  ;)

• Like 1

Lets not go twisting this into something ugly.  The fact is, everyone has been under a misconception, players and moderators alike.  People reading into the rules stuff that isn't actually there.  And those of you who keep bringing up the chat rules, they are going to be revamped the same as we redid the game and forum rules.

You should try to avoid digging up old dirt in the past since the only point of that would be to derail this thread.  The whole idea is that your reputation is important and if you ruin it, then that is your problem to solve.

This isnt about trying to turn anything into something ugly. People reading into rules what they want...or the way i put it many times, the rules have holes so big in them you can drive a truck through them, has been an issue for a very long time.

There is no twisting, Enki, Its fact. If you want to come out and speak in word salad and misrepresent the truth, you can do that, but im going to call you on it. You dont get to do that without being challenged on it.

If you want to make something constructive out of this, then lets put in an oversight committee.

They get to observe / review any and all staff actions

Any appeals go to them and not current staff for review. Then they can make a judgement in as close to an impartial way as possible.

No current staff can be on the committee. No stacking the deck.

Would you consider such a thing?

If you want to make something constructive out of this, then lets put in an oversight committee.

They get to observe / review any and all staff actions

Any appeals go to them and not current staff for review. Then they can make a judgement in as close to an impartial way as possible.

No current staff can be on the committee. No stacking the deck.

Would you consider such a thing?

Simply put (from my point of view) nope. They would have to have access to ALL information to make an informed decision. They would also need to be very familiar with playing the game and the rules. Basically the longer term GM's are about the only group capable of it.

• Like 3

Not to mention knowing past decisions on similar cases.

• Like 2

This isnt about trying to turn anything into something ugly. People reading into rules what they want...or the way i put it many times, the rules have holes so big in them you can drive a truck through them, has been an issue for a very long time.

There is no twisting, Enki, Its fact. If you want to come out and speak in word salad and misrepresent the truth, you can do that, but im going to call you on it. You dont get to do that without being challenged on it.

+1 this guy for actually calling a spade a spade. The rule has been in existence for a long time and ALL the rules are so big you can drive a truck through them. All the rules have been left to player and staff interpretation rather then actually being black and white which has been the long standing problem. Even in the re-write of the game rules are their loops, hoops, and whatever has you's...

• Like 1

The only thing that more rules do is make the players that follow the rules to be more restricted by them. The ones breaking the rules will still break them no matter what they put in place. Like the name and shame or whatever it is with it off/explained the players that do follow the rules have a way to defend their position in public against the ones that don't.

I just wonder does this also extend to the staff can we "name and shame" them if we feel that they have done wrong? 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Simply put (from my point of view) nope. They would have to have access to ALL information to make an informed decision. They would also need to be very familiar with playing the game and the rules. Basically the longer term GM's are about the only group capable of it.

Thats pretty elitist and I disagree completely

Inventor made the trees tiny by changing the graphics pack to cheat and see people..!

Edited by Radni

then lets put in an oversight committee.

committee.

Best suggestion of 2015!

Also once Pisingas gave me a looted long sword and maybe some armor, from a dude that throw at him a saw in a spar(or duel don't remember) and made him outlaw.

I think the dude was dlb or some other guy, that wasn't aware of the fact that Pis can tentacle people..

The popcorns were tasty.

I wuv u Radni.