Sign in to follow this  
tintin

The Official Name and Shame Thread

Oreo dies and loses scale more often than he dies and doesn't lose scale

• Like 6

This one time in real life a guy known by many as dlb had me login on his comp and shortly after he decided i couldnt use his internet. Shortly afterward(few months) i had my own internet and came to login hunted and with no gear or anything at all instead of haveing no way to prove and and crying to a gm i converted him back to jk where i waited for him to build back up. when i decided he hand enough built up to be kinda worth a rare highly enchanted longsword i broke in and left my mark on his area so he might get an idea that its not wise to backstab one of your only friends

edit:i also ended up walling off a mine entrance he used so he had to mine a second entrance since he wouldnt quit denying

Edited by odinalf
  • Like 1

[00:26:26] <Polan> rolandt eh

[00:26:26] <Polan> [00:25:55] Rolandt conquers battle camp New Day.

[00:27:24] <Malevolence> i know his real name and where he lives...

• Like 1

The only thing that more rules do is make the players that follow the rules to be more restricted by them. The ones breaking the rules will still break them no matter what they put in place. Like the name and shame or whatever it is with it off/explained the players that do follow the rules have a way to defend their position in public against the ones that don't.

I just wonder does this also extend to the staff can we "name and shame" them if we feel that they have done wrong? 

Apparently not. As they deleted my post out of here. Still protecting their own.

I take things from disbanded deeds (Sometimes in some barely legal ways), I don't really care whose it is, the player has gone inactive and didn't secure their items for longterm. People like to make a big deal about it because they think its theft, I like to think theft only applies if the player is active, and taking from activate players is certainly something I haven't done.

One funny name and shame, some people in MR thought I was a spy (They couldnt make heads or tails if I was BL or JK, I was neither) , when I went over for the month that I had stayed, nothing pushed me out of that community more than Miniroll sending me tells about three separate times, asking why my sound and mic were muted, he once had to come into my teamspeak to investigate, all because I was muted (Listening to music, watching netflix while on that annoying Gold Coast trip, or talking to people on my TS that have nothing to do with Wurm when the mumble only had four activate users on it.) This went on for the month that I stayed.

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 1

Miniroll is the best mason around - finding those keystones. Unfortunately, it's hard to get him out of his mine.

Whats light? Never seen it.

Name and shame: issle. Renowned client hacker but only does it on telecosmos on a proxy ofc... infinite stam... minimaps etc etc

• Like 1

I take things from disbanded deeds (Sometimes in some barely legal ways), I don't really care whose it is, the player has gone inactive and didn't secure their items for longterm. People like to make a big deal about it because they think its theft, I like to think theft only applies if the player is active, and taking from activate players is certainly something I haven't done.

One funny name and shame, some people in MR thought I was a spy (They couldnt make heads or tails if I was BL or JK, I was neither) , when I went over for the month that I had stayed, nothing pushed me out of that community more than Miniroll sending me tells about three separate times, asking why my sound and mic were muted, he once had to come into my teamspeak to investigate, all because I was muted (Listening to music, watching netflix while on that annoying Gold Coast trip, or talking to people on my TS that have nothing to do with Wurm when the mumble only had four activate users on it.) This went on for the month that I stayed.

you mean someone thats been offline for 35 days or something similar?

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHx-kita75Y

• Like 3

I like this thread and think it's needed, just delete the sillies/spam

you mean someone thats been offline for 35 days or something similar?

I mean someone whose deed has disbanded/building has decayed.

Allright guys note that there's a difference between stating when someone has done something that you have some sort of proof or witnesses to, compared to accusing someone without such grounds. 

If you have no proof or witnesses it may very well fall under the category

Trolling
Definition: Inflammatory or off-topic messages intended to provoke other members into a desired emotional response or to otherwise disrupt the topic.

A ) You may not post with the intention of negatively provoking other members.

• Like 12

Allright guys note that there's a difference between stating when someone has done something that you have some sort of proof or witnesses to, compared to accusing someone without such grounds. 

Trolling

Definition: Inflammatory or off-topic messages intended to provoke other members into a desired emotional response or to otherwise disrupt the topic.

So now we just report everyone for  trolling instead of name and shame? 

Trolling

I think that was the operative part of that statement, doesn't seem unreasonable.

...And I have seen the picture of Emoo drinking his Fosters!

... and this is how Wurm eats itself. Bring on the Crucible!

• Like 1

Imo it was something selfish and something that should of been reported, but I respected the new player's wishes.

Over a year ago and I also respect you admitting to it. No hard feelings. One of them also came back to wurm now.

All I admit to is building a road and having to deal with you crying over it. You didn't even live in the area, your deed was at least 10 minutes away. I pulled the log of our convo and will let folks read our discussion and make up their own mind about what occurred. BTW, there was nothing stopping anyone from putting up a shack and living there after I put in the the lakeside road attaching my two deeds. Parking your boat somewhere does not give you any rights to an area. I more than once offered to push your boat the few tiles back to the water, you refused that. All you had to do was park your boat a few tiles over and the Wurm world would have been fine. Instead you decided to threaten me with GM action. I actually believe you did call a GM and they laughed at you.

As you said, it was a long ago and no hard feeling mate, and this is only me protecting my reputation that you've tried to soil.

[08:13:39] <Gumbo> HI Silakka

[08:13:44] <Silakka> hey

[08:13:55] <Silakka> gj trapping my boat XD

[08:14:01] <Gumbo> wanted to say..

[08:14:13] <Gumbo> ya.. I'll push it out for you.. no probs

[08:14:17] <Silakka> it was a beautiful natural spot

[08:14:24] <Silakka> it didnt need a road >_<

[08:14:27] <Gumbo> I waited a few hours , but wanted to get that road done

[08:14:29] <Silakka> it's 5second walk on grass

[08:14:51] <Gumbo> well I've been waiting two years to put a road through there

[08:15:25] <Gumbo> when them deeds finally popped .. I wasn't wasting no more time with it

[08:15:31] <Silakka> doesnt change the fact my friends came in there :( only readon they let you build is because they dont want any trouble with anyone

[08:15:38] <Silakka> they still told me they dont like it

[08:15:45] <Gumbo> anyway.. if you unanchor your boat, I'll be happy to push it back to water

[08:15:56] <Silakka> im okay

[08:16:11] <Silakka> i dont use anchors

[08:16:56] <Gumbo> well my apologies

[08:17:43] <Silakka> after they get more set up, they could make a pretty road past the guard tower

[08:18:12] <Silakka> if they deed u know they can do anything to the road :S so better wait them to find a solution than rush it like that

[08:18:22] <Silakka> i know ive also waited over 3months for some deeds to pop down lol

[08:18:53] <Gumbo> yes. they can do anything to the road if they deed.. but they will have to put a two wide detour road

[08:19:08] <Silakka> it will match the cobble

[08:20:49] <Silakka> ive built 5 big deeds, i got 60paving and 99digging, ill help them plan it just good

[09:51:25] <Gumbo> hey.. so any reason you cannot park your boat a couple tiles east in the lake and leave the road intact?

[09:51:58] <Silakka> future plans

[09:52:11] <Silakka> thats why i parked it there :S not trying to be an ass xd

[09:52:40] <Gumbo> well I;m pretty sure that road was now officially a public highway

[09:53:20] <Silakka> i thought highways need sand around it

[09:53:51] <Gumbo> if one wide it needs sand on the side to be a highway.. if it's two wide, it don't need the sand

[09:54:26] <Silakka> thats not what GM Logi told me :S

[09:54:38] <Silakka> i had an highway issue + kos problem in deliverance

[09:54:53] <Silakka> but around 5months ago

[09:55:02] <Gumbo> ask on kchat

[09:55:27] <Silakka> but i parked my boat there to continue building there :S i never heard of any road coming

[09:55:35] <Silakka> Sjach told me it was his old deed

[09:55:39] <Silakka> and he gave us permission to live there

[09:55:49] <Gumbo> live where?

[09:55:49] <Silakka> he sold it to someone and he hasnt logged for 182days

[09:56:08] <Silakka> next to the guard tower where is Singa's house

[09:56:12] <Gumbo> ahh

[09:56:39] <Gumbo> well I put a public highway here.. it's undeeded land and against the rules to greif the road

[09:57:06] <Gumbo> is it reallly gonna kill ya to park your boat 4 tiles east?

[09:57:33] <Silakka> but it had a nice natural mood, it's like making a huge highway across a nature park

[09:57:36] <Silakka> it wont be the same :S

[09:57:55] <Gumbo> are you just trying to be a douchebag ?

[09:58:06] <Silakka> i didnt dredge it or anything, made a little hole to pass, GMs always told me highway needs to have sand around it [legal one]

[09:58:23] <Silakka> no, im a very good deed builder, and for me every detail is important

[09:58:36] <Silakka> for me every tile counts

[09:59:00] <Silakka> i dont like deeds that are half roads + water, i want to give use for every tile what is paid for [if it gets deeded] thats why i tried to place

[09:59:03] <Gumbo> well how about I make a bunch of 1x1 shacks and prevent anyone from deeding

[09:59:04] <Silakka> my boat to mark the spot

[09:59:19] <Silakka> they came yesterday, and i told to build 2 houses on good spots so nobody can deed

[09:59:29] <Gumbo> you want to play games...I can play games too

[09:59:52] <Silakka> i dont want to play games, i just had no idea of highway coming

[10:00:02] <Silakka> didnt know saving 5seconds was so important

[10:00:12] <Gumbo> it's undeeded land.. no one has to tell you anything

[10:00:26] <Silakka> they just settled in :S

[10:00:42] <Silakka> what if you are starting up a new deed and suddenly when u wake up u have a huge highway in middle?

[10:00:59] <Gumbo> it's undeeded land

[10:01:08] <Silakka> it's just so hard to find good space near FM

[10:01:09] <Gumbo> fine ..have it your way

[10:01:29] <Silakka> i promised that the highway will be even better when they get some time to work on the place

[10:01:51] <Silakka> you can fix it now if you want and see it get broken later for a better design

[10:02:15] <Silakka> we are both in unfair position, and i know it's undeeded land

[10:02:25] <Gumbo> you put it back the way it was and I'll let it go .. if not.. the game is on

[10:02:56] <Silakka> what if i make huge dirt walls on water around your place xD

[10:03:03] <Silakka> plant hedges so they cant be dug down

[10:03:14] <Silakka> it's undeeded land too, thats how i feel in this situation

[10:03:28] <Silakka> i just wish u wouldnt had hurried so much

[10:03:44] <Silakka> i thought when Sjach said we are free to build there peacefully, never expected a highway

[10:04:07] <Silakka> In the end I have huge respect you and dont want to upset anyone :S

[10:04:16] <Silakka> for you*

[10:05:12] <Silakka> i feel like it's  really year 1034 and landlords are fighting for a chunk of valuable land :D

[10:06:41] <Gumbo> Highways are defined as being at least 2 paved tiles wide road with or without barriers, or a single paved tile road with sand barriers.

[10:06:57] <Gumbo> A/ It is illegal to block, terraform, alter or destroy any highways.( Application to conduct any of these activities may be sent to /support for approval by a Game Master)

[10:07:02] <Gumbo> from the rules

[10:07:28] <Silakka> then GM Logi mislead me intentionally when we had a highway problem :(

[10:07:38] <Silakka> i really thought your wasnt legal

[10:07:44] <Silakka> i never wish to break rules

[10:09:11] <Silakka> can you wait for awhile and let the area develop? when they get wheels running it's a lot easier to design stuff

[10:09:42] <Silakka> when you build new deeds u never have idea where to build your house, where to make roads and such ;d, just needs little time and thinking

[10:09:57] <Gumbo> why can't you just park your boat 4 tiles east?

[10:10:30] <Silakka> it was parked there for a reason :S, someone saw trouble to dredge the spot and i liked it

[10:10:42] <Silakka> i can park it away, but just wanted a pretty place

[10:10:49] <Silakka> i love little details.

[10:11:10] <Gumbo> great.... well I hope you'll luv the 1x1 shacks I plan to make there

[10:11:30] <Silakka> im not going to live there, i just want to help them

[10:12:01] <Silakka> i dont want new players to have bad memories like this, when i joined the game.. Royal griefed our place

[10:12:11] <Silakka> GM blackout came to check it and it was no fun at all :S

[10:13:29] <Silakka> as u said it's a game and we can have a peaceful, beautiful solution

[10:13:58] <Gumbo> sure.. put back the road

[10:15:08] <Silakka> okay :)

[10:15:12] <Silakka> is the water deep around you?

Logging started 2013-09-06

[09:06:55] <Silakka> hi

[09:08:11] <Gumbo> o/

[09:08:48] <Silakka> im sorry but i am not going to fix the road

[09:09:02] <Silakka> i want an apology from you, it was very disrespectful towards us :(

[09:10:56] <Silakka> if u think breaking a highway is against the rules, so is beaching boats

[09:13:57] <Silakka> cute planting the little trees here

[09:55:33] <Silakka> okay dont be grumpy

• Like 4

Am i correct in saying that Maximustehgreat claims to have 90 butchering and also claiming that he FAILED to butcher the rare bone twice? 

• Like 1

since when is the rare bone a 100% chance to butcher?

All I admit to is building a road and having to deal with you crying over it. You didn't even live in the area, your deed was at least 10 minutes away. I pulled the log of our convo and will let folks read our discussion and make up their own mind about what occurred. BTW, there was nothing stopping anyone from putting up a shack and living there after I put in the the lakeside road attaching my two deeds. Parking your boat somewhere does not give you any rights to an area. I more than once offered to push your boat the few tiles back to the water, you refused that. All you had to do was park your boat a few tiles over and the Wurm world would have been fine. Instead you decided to threaten me with GM action. I actually believe you did call a GM and they laughed at you.

As you said, it was a long ago and no hard feeling mate, and this is only me protecting my reputation that you've tried to soil.

mm. beaching boats is against the rules, but i never contacted a GM.

Some other things that i claimed were bit false. - Your highway was legal, but beaching a boat in process was not.

Am i correct in saying that Maximustehgreat claims to have 90 butchering and also claiming that he FAILED to butcher the rare bone twice? 

Lol also supposedly failed 2-4 sorc items, when they arent even butcher products, and 100% drop chance back then.

Silly stuff.. but hope he enjoyed the +6g profits from cele. [price nowadays over 10g]

Edited by silakka
  • Like 1

mm. beaching boats is against the rules, but i never contacted a GM.

Some other things that i claimed were bit false. - Your highway was legal, but beaching a boat in process was not.

Your boat was not beached. Your boat was left in a 1x1 puddle, still in water, left exactly where it was.

• Like 1