Sign in to follow this  
tintin

The Official Name and Shame Thread

That's like saying the people who do group PvE where the strongest guy tanks the tougher mobs so the weaker fighters can get hits in is exploiting.

Isn't this what just about every MMO is about?  Tanks tanking and the rest doing damage?  Stealing = doing damage.

Some games I find the mobs actually switch targets to those actually doing the damage, making the tanks life a bit more taxing... wouldn't it be interesting if the guards did that too? ;)

so much wrong in that statement madt.

nearly every single bug in this game has been for personal gain only. And zekezor please dont give half the story when there is so much more to tell.

For example allied deeds had the exakt same skillgain for stealing and lockpicking as enemy deeds had. Which you needed no guards or other players to help.

Btw..exploiting would be using something in an abnormal way that is not supposed to be a part of the games design for your benefit.

Whether or not that action should be punished is up to the game master.

I don't think we're naming and shaming anymore.... let's not derail by discussing what is and what isn't an exploit please.  You know the rules.

I don't think we're naming and shaming anymore.... let's not derail by discussing what is and what isn't an exploit please.  You know the rules.

It appears more than a few dont have a clue lol. :D

Please remember that you still need to follow the forum and game rules within this thread when name and shaming,

Accusations of exploiting and rule breaking should be submitted to a GM for investigation.

.....as if this message was not clear enough.

Submit to a GM, DO NOT discuss here or anywhere else on the forum.

bwg | Board Moderator

Seeing as this thread has strayed from its original purpose, it has been cleaned (again).

Now, as for accusations of exploiting, consider this the last warning given on the matter.

Accusations of exploiting are NOT the same as naming/shaming. If you have evidence of exploiting then you should submit that evidence to a GM via a PM.

Any accusation of exploiting from this point forward will be met with an immediate 3-day posting ban, seeing as prior warnings by moderators in this thread have been ignored.

Post wisely, or don't post at all.

• Like 2

but see the difference is. The deed near kyara was placed using a jk alt. The ones im refering to in black legion were placed using an influence bug

yes, this thread is titled "angry adolescent persons battle over an integer, on fox news at six" and not "The Official Name and Shame"

Back on topic...

When Rudie stole a scale set off of the Shweet account.

When Rolandt stole the Nicka account.

When Nadroj stole the Candee account.

When Tonygreen got an account he didn't even own permabanned for harassment.

When MR founded a certain deed with a certain name as a personal attack against a certain JK member and proceeded to harass him through comments in local and on the forums and in forum PM's about what he does in real life.

and this is a very small portion of the minor stuff, uncovering the big stuff will net me a forum ban im certain, so we won't go there.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

Back on topic...

When Rudie stole a scale set off of the Shweet account.

When Rolandt stole the Nicka account.

When Nadroj stole the Candee account.

Yes yes back on topic. The deets of those events please?

Edited by tintin

Seeing as this thread has strayed from its original purpose, it has been cleaned (again).

Now, as for accusations of exploiting, consider this the last warning given on the matter.

Accusations of exploiting are NOT the same as naming/shaming. If you have evidence of exploiting then you should submit that evidence to a GM via a PM.

Any accusation of exploiting from this point forward will be met with an immediate 3-day posting ban, seeing as prior warnings by moderators in this thread have been ignored.

Post wisely, or don't post at all.

YEAAAHH!!! Bring on the hammer!

57508888.jpg

When MR founded a certain deed with a certain name as a personal attack against a certain JK member and proceeded to harass him through comments in local and on the forums and in forum PM's about what he does in real life.

Harassed? Pff, who doesnt want some pizza? Especially on a gaming night.

Also to be more specific the deed was called "Pander Investigation Zoom Zoom Army".

Edited by Klaa

Is that the stolen scale set Rudie fenced to me, that I offered back to it's rightful owner... and was turned away?

Is that the stolen scale set Rudie fenced to me, that I offered back to it's rightful owner... and was turned away?

i do not believe so, the scale set in question im fairly certain he lost in PvP, or privately sold it to someone else in MR.

The rightful owner of the set in question hasn't logged in in a long long time.

And just for you Klaa, the first time you entered PvP since LO @ Gates of Hell, you climbed around 40+ tiles away from the rest of MR, died in three hits to Gavin, and dropped your drake set.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

And just for you Klaa, the first time you entered PvP since LO @ Gates of Hell, you climbed around 40+ tiles away from the rest of MR, died in three hits to Gavin, and dropped your drake set.

Wow talk about dredging up an old fight. If I recall correctly that was well before the WL was first destroyed (for reals and not from abusing a bug), and the altars started hopping about as they were subsequently blown up off and on along with varying degrees of each side trying to grab and fortify the sites.

Was far from the first time and last time in pvp even in Purgatory Pass. Also let me correct the rest of your information as it seems sadly lacking...

Indeed I was wearing a drake set (would have sworn I had put on a regular studded set... but oh well). Was scouting past Gates during the fighting in Purgatory Pass to see what was going on around the back, and ended up running into Kix and Goathill (granted I do not know who was bicycling around on them, could very well have been Gavin on one or both at the time). After they dealt some archery hits, I ended up slowed enough they were able to catch up and we went into a melee fight.

Managed to fend them both off for more then "three hits"; however, the inevitable soon occurred and I died. Seem to recall at least of them being a champ as well.

Losing the drake set was a pain as I basically went on a suicide mission, and thought I had a disposable armor set on. However such is the life on a pvp server, one must be ready to lose anything. Kill or be killed. Loot or be looted.

Granted I possessed at the time another drake set plus a very nice enchanted scale set from maximusthegreat.

I catapult bases to the ground and mercilessly loot anything found therein...Bout time for another challenge eh?

I still remember my purple knar ;/

I still do too... because we still have it ;)

• Like 1

and this is a very small portion of the minor stuff, uncovering the big stuff will net me a forum ban im certain, so we won't go there.

It's the big stuff that should be uncovered, the fact that people have done things so controversial that others are hesitant about bringing it up through fear of a forum storm troubles me.

Actually, isn't that what this thread was about? People escaping the fear of being penalised for bringing up big concerns?

*sarcasm on*

You just don't get it huh Madt. Exploits and cheaters and bugs and thieves aren't a problem in Wurm. No no no...it's TALKING about exploits, cheaters, bugs, and thieves that is the problem.

*end rant*

• Like 1

Apparently there is a hidden, almost unknown feature of the forums. Its called private messaging or PMs, not to be confused with certain stages of the human female biology.

This handy feature allows one to make private bug and cheating reports to Devs and GMs, especially when the cheating hasn't been officially verified yet.

Helps avoid smear campaigns and encouraging other players to cheat as well; course, its difficult to avoid a smear campaign when one is actually cheating.

Granted some cheats and cheaters can become general knowledge anyways over time, so bit of a grey area there.

Edited by Klaa

When some sad lonely person looked up US court records to get at a certain person 

When JK named a dragon a certain name to get at a certain person.

When JK made jackets from said dragon and named them after what the dragon was called

When all of JKs deeds were funded from a certain person who managed to breed traders

When Lo got banned a number of certain people somehow vanished off the "hit list"

When JK got a red dragon killed using exploits and were allowed to keep the scale

Want me to continue?

• Like 1

Wait... breed traders?   What'd they get.... 2-speed young trader? XD

I steal scale sets off just about every account I touch these days.

Let me give you the deets Trenith, and while we're at it, why are you posting on Tintin instead of Ruger, don't want to Tarnish your name? I thought you already did that by stealing sorcery items?

The account Shweet was given to Kingen and I after the mass ban wave. The scale set was then given to us by another player, so doesn't that mean we both own it? At which point we'd decided to go BL and joined OSP and Mikeyaya's deed. About 2 weeks later Kingen changed the password conveniently after I had gotten 2 drake sets in PVP, one of which was off fighting Xallo near Goon Town. He then demanded that I send him money through paypal for beer if I wanted a drake set back at which point I told him to get ###### and started to contact GMs for 2 weeks before they finally told me there was nothing they could do about it. There was no stolen scale set, except for the one Kingen now had all to himself on Shwwet, You can ask any of the old time BL players, hell, go hit up PTO on Facebook, I'm sure you got him on speed dial too Proph to get tips. I'd get into some of the crap you've done over the years but you're a shining light and such a reputable person of the JK Kingdom who'd never do anything like that.

Edited by Rudie
  • Like 2

When some sad lonely person looked up US court records to get at a certain person 

When JK named a dragon a certain name to get at a certain person.

When JK made jackets from said dragon and named them after what the dragon was called

When all of JKs deeds were funded from a certain person who managed to breed traders

When Lo got banned a number of certain people somehow vanished off the "hit list"

When JK got a red dragon killed using exploits and were allowed to keep the scale

Want me to continue?

In regards to the certain person mentioned in #2, he hassled a guy in JK about his RL job and tried to make it something to be ashamed of, and it isn't even an embarrasing job in any way either. Planted deeds with named related and all sorts as you know. Granted Tit for tat isn't the right way to go about it, but he did kinda bring that on himself by trying to be an ass to someone.

What do you mean by #5? 

Now 6#... I have full knowledge of this situation as I found the dragon. So allow me to tell you the truth of the situation.

The dragon was tough, uniques recently got buffed and we couldn't kill it, it's healing out healed our damage. So we kept it dominated for a second attempt and then someone told me that a trap, which were a new feature and hadn't really been used yet, killed a horse someone was riding from full health to dead. He suggested that if the trap could do that to a horse, perhaps it could do some damage to the dragon, enough to out-damage its healing while we fight it. The logic was that a naked horse is very weak, their natural armour is poor so the trap one shot it. A dragons natural armour is probably the best in the game, the most glance rate and damage reduction. That's why small, low ql weapons just glance and do almost no damage hits on them. So hitting it with the trap wouldn't one shot it but would do some good amount of damage, enough to help us tackle it's healing rate.

We gathered everyone to the deed to get ready to kill it, laid a trap to do a tester first, see how much damage it'd do before we do the actual killing. I tamed a pig or something, dragon went wild, lured it over the trap and it went from full health to dead instantly.

We called a GM in, told him what happened and handed over the butchered scales. He took it up with Rolf and the other GMs I suppose. Got a response saying traps were bugged and ignored the armour of it's target. So to the trap there was no difference between the horse and the dragon. They said the decision was made that the scales be returned. I got the scales back. Then some guy fell out with most of JK and converted to MR and told you guys a bunch of lies and half truths cause he was bitter. And ofcourse you all believed it. :)

I know you won't believe a word, but ask yourself: Why would we have called the entire kingdom, newbie recruits and all, to Kyara to watch us kill a dragon with exploits. The bug was unknown.

Edited by Madt
  • Like 2

Great advertisement for the game all of this. Literally came back on to check to see if my forum account had any messages. This. This is priceless. Glad I don't play anymore. Used to think the wurm community was good.

Shame on the dirt flinging in this ridiculous and quite frankly pathetic forum topic.

• Like 7