Sign in to follow this  
Maxthx

Using Titles activates Pauldrons

Pretty out there idea because it would require a whole lot of model fabrication.

But basically each title (or select titles) in the game would come with a corresponding (and unique) pauldron. So when you select to wear that title you would automatically 'wear' a set of pauldrons in your shoulder slots that would be recognizable to everyone as being related to that title.

The pauldrons could all be unique and designed after the title in question. The basis of this idea is that I want those empty shoulder slots to be used.

This first began as unique pauldrons for each of the kingdom titles, but figured thats an extremely limited range of use and skill titles would be a more popular option.

• Like 7

Why would wearing shoulder armor give you a special title during it's use?  Is it only me that doesn't understand that?

Typically it's chest armor or more commonly head armor that is used to signify importance or leadership, aka a title in a game.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Why would wearing shoulder armor give you a special title during it's use?  Is it only me that doesn't understand that?

Typically it's chest armor or more commonly head armor that is used to signify importance or leadership, aka a title in a game.

Well right now wearing shoulder gear would serve no other purpose at all, as armor attached to the arms covers the shoulders. Adding in craftable shoulder armor would be superfluous because it would be entirely aesthetic and not actually increase your defense. It would actually increase your overall carry weight... which would be counter productive. Readjusting the system so shoulder armor is required would just piss everyone off. With this method these shoulder slots would be used for decorative purposes and would allow for visual recognition of titles/positions.

I know it doesn't seem like much but in a PvP fight it means a lot to get visual recognition without having to mouse over.

• Like 1

Would make for a nice touch if titles gave some visual addition that varied depending on the title.

or cape

+1

yep, super fun idea, shoulders or capes.  Spot someone in a crowd.

I've heard the Art Team is constantly working on new stuff, so I guess we'll see capes and pauldrons.

However, regarding discussion "Why shoulders? Helmet/chest were more commonly used for recognition." - I agree, but there's even more simple way to achieve recognition from practially any angle you can look at someone and it was commonly used AND its model is already in the game.

Tabards.

It's somewhat good even now, since if your kindgom members wear tabards, you could easily distinguish them from the enemy kindgom colours. Problem starts when it comes to village vs village fights within the same kingdom. Solution would be:

- Keep the Kingdom Tabard. It's a really good thing to have. Custom color and logo for PMKs.

- Add just "Tabard" or "Plain Tabard" which would be crafted white and would be fully dyeable.

- Optional addition of "Village Tabard" that could come with option for a Mayor to send custom logo (to be approved by GMs so noone would have something like dickbutt or something).

No idea, however, if dyeable tabards wouldn't be abused by dyeing them in colors of enemy kingdoms, just to give that little bit of confusion to the enemy. For now you can't wear a tabard of other kingdoms (iirc) so it's not possible to confuse with it.

But until it's done (no matter if shoulders, capes or expanded tabards) maybe just talk to your PvP group and make it mandatory to wear a kingdom tabard during the fight? It's actually pretty reliable way to see who's who, even if your enemy doesn't wear it (if it's mandatory for you - it works like an uniform).

In general: +1

Edited by Roken