Sign in to follow this  
Palgolak

How do I cure my diseased tortoise?

I've had her since she was an adolescent. She is now old and diseased.  And I can't groom her!

The wiki says a Fo priest could cure her. Unfortunately, Fo priests who visit us here in Ebonaura (like Janekpolaczek) aren't very friendly.

I'm at my wit's end. What shall I do?

I am a Fo priest and in the past, our spell Humid Drizzle would cure animals of disease, and about the ONLY way to cure a diseased animal that you cannot groom.

However there is something broken with the spell right now, animals are healed but most then go back to being diseased again the next server reset (even if kept in an isolation pen and well fed) and apparently they become permanently diseased, no matter how often you cure them or keep them isolated.   I have one horse I have "cured" about 6 times and now, a month or more later, he still shows as diseased after every server rest  even being in an isolated pen. So probably diseased animals for now can only be killed. 

There is a forum post someplace on the fact the spell is currently broken.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

One thing that can help her chance of being cured of the disease is to make sure she's abundantly fed, with food around that a tortoise eats piled beside her that will be enough so that she never eats it all at any one time.

Because the tortoise can't be groomed this might not work, but if you don't want to have to kill it any positive factor helps.

Sorry your tortoise is feeling under the weather. From what the others have said best bet is to sequester it and make sure it is well fed. I have yet to even see a tortoise on Xanadu...

She's better, thank you. Perhaps it's the healing power of wheat.

[09:04:29] A old fat tortoise eats a wheat.
[09:04:29] a Old fat tortoise does not seem hungry any longer.
[09:04:29] a Old fat tortoise seems pleased with you.

• Like 1

That has been the like the only pet allowed to live on our deed, she is like a mascot for us now. We use our ratio mainly towards horses. Glad she will be with us for some time.