Sign in to follow this  
Nathegar

Wurm Archery should be changed to be like this...

Right now, for the most part, archery in Wurm is relegated to killing horses and other uses at long-range ...would be interesting if it were re-worked to make it is powerful in short ranges as something like this.

• Like 14

I suggest this be moved to the suggestion thread :P

But yes, thanks for sharing. I also enjoyed it.

i got enraptured by the richness of what archery could be in watching the clip you posted..thanks, was fun..i love archery anyway

• Like 2

Right now, for the most part, archery in Wurm is relegated to killing horses and other uses at long-range ...would be interesting if it were re-worked to make it is powerful in short ranges as something like this.

Amazing. I knew nothing about Lars or about his work. My daughter and I can't wait to start practicing his methods after the Thaw. Most appreciated and Thank You very much for sharing this video.

Been a while since I had watched any Lars Anderson vids. This looked liked a rough compilation of several of them.

Far as implementing in Wurm, many of these moves require a certain amount of practice, so having them as high level skill unlocks or akin to melee weapon special moves would make sense. Perhaps even some minimum requirements in body stats.

Offhand prob restrict such techniques to regular and small bow. Not entirely sure some of this would work well with an older European longbow, which typically are as tall as or taller than the shooter and not significantly recurved. Most of the power is generated by the longer draw.

Then again I've seen some nice shots made with Japanese-style longbows from horseback; however, that design differs from English longbows.

Edited by Klaa

Good god man! At first I thought I was watching a spoof, but holy smokes! I am in awe.

Now that guy is Awesome.....and yes i love Archery in Wurm....or use to untill they changed Drake.

+1 to the OP they should really give Archery in Wurm some more love....i hate they way with 45 skill and 50+ QL arrows and bow it takes loads of shots to bring down even a low class mob :(

They really do need to liven up the archery on this game/allow mobility. The whole 'stand this far away and shoot' thing means you get maybe 2 shots for a shortbow before the mob is on you, and the longbow you can just shoot the mob until it's dead and then go pick up whatever's left on the ground...but it doesn't notice you/do anything. I haven't dabbled much with it because it just seems as though it really serves no purpose on PvE servers (I got 10 skill in each bow and the equivalent skill in archery from doing those.). Would love to see horseback archery too. (Never even tested whether that works.)

I seen someone shooting from horseback, so I know you can....yeah the not being able to shoot and back away as it closes in is bogus...that dude in the video was crazy, I seen on mythbusters that you can catch an arrow in mid flight, but this guy did...think they need to revisit that myth and have him on the show

• Like 1

I seen on mythbusters that you can catch an arrow in mid flight, but this guy did...think they need to revisit that myth and have him on the show

It likely wasn't shot at anything close to a full draw.

Its an interesting watch, and it shows a lot of improvement from his older video, but you really couldn't do much with a lot of what he does.

If you move while archering it stops you. It should be like healing where you can move like 3 tiles before it stops archering. So many times I barely took a step and it stopped shooting... Also, shoot quickly should have a different timer then 5 seconds maybe 3.5 or 4 seconds at full stam :D

• Like 1

Let's fix combat first.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Cool... so that's what 100 skill in archery looks like!

That guy is freaking amazing... and even the arrow he grabs isn't fired at full draw... still amazing!